You have a $15-$20k for a weekend car, what do you buy?

Some kind of motorcycle. Don't know which though.

Hell even just a base C5 is good if the C5Z is too much.

Base C5 still does a sub 5 second 0-60 with a high 12 second 1/4 mile.
Has 50/50 weight
Gets 19/28 mpg
LS1 engines are proven, sound great and mods are cheap.

You could also do a 2002 ss slp camaro.
Basically similar stats to a C5 but you can get it for less and add some upgrades. Hell depending on what you get it for you can throw a procharger or something similar on it.

0901gmhtp_01_z%2B2002_chevy_camaro_ss%2Bfront_view.jpg

camaro1.jpg

18.JPG

You can also find a 350z with 50k miles for around 15k. You can find 370z for around 20k with 50k miles.

If I had the money to burn I'd get a 1st gen Miata, do some mild upgrades for the suspension, brakes, wheels/tires and spend the rest of the 5-10k on learning to drive properly. As a big Lotus fan I'd even paint it British Racing Green (the Miata is, after all, a modern Elan).

Your budget and choices don't match up. That budget got me a 2011 Camry two years ago.

Lol what?

This whole thread is so sad. OP, go to the Car Lounge on VWvortex or one of the mirrors or something like 6speedonline. Clearly there is a lack of car enthusiasts on this forum.

The big question for me is, will you track it?

Personally my weekend car will be a convertible, no doubt. I had one before and loved it and I plan on getting another soon.

Again my top choice is S2000. Dead reliable, fast enough, incredibly engaging to drive. Otherwise if you want more power I'd get a corvette. If you want more refinement, boxster s.

Well, it is a site dedicated to MMA -not cars- so it shouldn't be surprising this place is light on car 'enthusiasts'.

That said, there are a few of us here.

If TS is American I still say opt for an older car from the 70's or 60's -20k is a decent number to work with for that. You won't get anything rare or collectible per se, but there are some badass cars out there in that range you could pick up to cruise around on the weekends with.

And there is no end for the aftermarket on those cars either, easy to wrench on yourself. Tons of events like cruise nights and shows to go to or even the strip or street if you want to get down.

I've owned a lot of cars, but there is nothing quite like cruising around in a classic hot rod.

Probably a Miata. It sucks getting into and out of them, but they are fun to drive and somewhat cheap to modify into an even more fun ride.

I'm in the middle of building a Lexus SC300.

Have fun life is short

Well, it is a site dedicated to MMA -not cars- so it shouldn't be surprising this place is light on car 'enthusiasts'.

That said, there are a few of us here.

If TS is American I still say opt for an older car from the 70's or 60's -20k is a decent number to work with for that. You won't get anything rare or collectible per se, but there are some badass cars out there in that range you could pick up to cruise around on the weekends with.

And there is no end for the aftermarket on those cars either, easy to wrench on yourself. Tons of events like cruise nights and shows to go to or even the strip or street if you want to get down.

I've owned a lot of cars, but there is nothing quite like cruising around in a classic hot rod.

QFT.

To add to this, if you research and land a good deal, this is a weekend vehicle that you might actually MAKE money on when you decide to resell it. There is an absolute floor for these kind of cars, not like $60k new cars that are worth half that amount a few years down the road.

Will you get a numbers matching, all original gem for $20k? No. But you most DEFINITELY can find a sweet Pro Touring restomod if you are a deal hunter.

I just saw a late 60's Chevy C10 truck that was completely restored with a built 502 big block in southern california...runs 11.50's in the 1/4 according to the ad. Asking $17k OBO. That, for example, is a hell of an eye catcher that would embarrass most modern cars in the speed department. Weekend cruiser written all over it, and there are many deals like that to be found.

Motos:

Ducati panigale 899
Mv Augusta dragter RR

QFT.

To add to this, if you research and land a good deal, this is a weekend vehicle that you might actually MAKE money on when you decide to resell it. There is an absolute floor for these kind of cars, not like $60k new cars that are worth half that amount a few years down the road.

Will you get a numbers matching, all original gem for $20k? No. But you most DEFINITELY can find a sweet Pro Touring restomod if you are a deal hunter.

I just saw a late 60's Chevy C10 truck that was completely restored with a built 502 big block in southern california...runs 11.50's in the 1/4 according to the ad. Asking $17k OBO. That, for example, is a hell of an eye catcher that would embarrass most modern cars in the speed department. Weekend cruiser written all over it, and there are many deals like that to be found.

The Prestige alone is worth it, even if you never race it.

I brought one of my SS Chevelles out once to a Vette show -hundreds of people and shit loads of tricked out z06's and so on- they all stopped and had their heads on a swivel when I rumbled through with that 800hp big block Chevy. There was a huge crowd around my car within 5 seconds after I parked it lol

Anyone who is a car fan pays their respects to that kind of shit.

2nd hand Navara/Hilux/Triton, then kit it out for camping/off roading. I can do everything I could do in a big sedan in my 2 grand Pulsar on the road

If I had the money to burn I'd get a 1st gen Miata, do some mild upgrades for the suspension, brakes, wheels/tires and spend the rest of the 5-10k on learning to drive properly. As a big Lotus fan I'd even paint it British Racing Green (the Miata is, after all, a modern Elan).

+1

You absolutely, positively cannot go wrong with a Miata as your first sports car. The only people who think otherwise are guys who think they can drive well just because they can drive a stick and drive recklessly fast on public roads.

I dont know what country you guys live in but seeing what cars you would buy with 15 -20K...
Bentley, 60ties muscle cars and so on. Do you guys even lift?

I like this idea, though it's tough finding a good used Vette for under $20k

They're not that hard to find.
http://www.vettehound.com/geo/classifieds.php?a=5&b=341&page=2

The Prestige alone is worth it, even if you never race it.

I brought one of my SS Chevelles out once to a Vette show -hundreds of people and shit loads of tricked out z06's and so on- they all stopped and had their heads on a swivel when I rumbled through with that 800hp big block Chevy. There was a huge crowd around my car within 5 seconds after I parked it lol

Anyone who is a car fan pays their respects to that kind of shit.

Go on.

I can't believe how cheap gas is here, it cost me like $80 to get to Connecticut and back. Crazy awesome.

C5 vette, s2000, or miata

Unless you want 4wheeling, camping, hunting, fishing, adventure. Then it's wrangler or tacoma/4runner

Last edited:
Back