You have a $15-$20k for a weekend car, what do you buy?

mixmastermo

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
So let's say you can fit a second car into your budget. You already have a nice daily driver, now you want something fun for weekends/track days/beach runs.

What do you consider?

Personally I am leaning towards a Porsche Cayman or Boxster S, OR an E46 BMW M3.

What would you do?

$15K for a Porsche Cayman... Is this like a timeshare or something?

$15K for a Porsche Cayman... Is this like a timeshare or something?

Used obviously. Looking to pick something up from someone who did pretty much the same thing, drove it occasionally. Mileage/practicality don't matter much in this scenario.

1987 Buick Grand National

1982_VW_Mk1_Golf_GTi_01.jpg

Mk1 golf gti.

Your feet because of you are considering getting a car just to drive on the weekends, you're straight up wasting money. The fact that you are on a budget so low tells me that you don't have money to blow.

Usually people have their nice car and then their economy daily driver. You seem like you have a nice daily driver and now you're looking for a cheap "nice" car....which doesn't really exist. I'd suggest saving more money or waiting until you start getting paid more before you make a decision like this.

i dont understand the concept of a 'weekend' car. if you like it better, why not drive it regularly? unless its like a size thing where you need a van on your daily or something

Civic, Corolla, MDX (2008ish)

If you meant new, maybe just the corolla, I don't know how many features I'd be cutting though
Motorcycle

I've been interested in getting my M license for some time, but is it true that the insurance is through the roof for motorcycles compared to cars?

Civic, Corolla, MDX (2008ish)

If you meant new, maybe just the corolla, I don't know how many features I'd be cutting though

I've been interested in getting my M license for some time, but is it true that the insurance is through the roof for motorcycles compared to cars?
Honestly I dont remember, it's been a decade since I had one, but as a college aged male it was probably as high as can be for me, but I dont recall it as being particularly outrageous

i dont understand the concept of a 'weekend' car. if you like it better, why not drive it regularly? unless its like a size thing where you need a van on your daily or something

I imagine fuel economy and wear and tear factor into a daily commute car versus a 'weekend' car

So let's say you can fit a second car into your budget. You already have a nice daily driver, now you want something fun for weekends/track days/beach runs.

What do you consider?
how do you no what i want and what ive got bro and who have you been talking to? do we know each other or something PM who you are im tripping out on this

I already have mine -but something old, and Chevy

Back