You had to happy Chandler lost after-

Amerikuracana

Life allows the illusion of relativity
Banned
Reaction score
-he said in his pre-fight BS "MMA has enough of the take you down pitter-pat guys," and then proceeded to try and take Brooks down and pitter-pat in the worst way possible. Literally tried to take Brooks down and do nothing but pitter-pat with little shots to the head, and little shots to the body. I mean, how could he have done that after saying that crap??

I would have cheered for Chandler, but after saying what he said, and then doing what he did on the ground with Brooks, I was hoping Brooks would win. Wasn't really surprised the way the fight went down, either.

Nope, Chandler is one of my favorite fighters. Fight should have been scored either a draw or a Chandler decision, no way Brooks took the fifth.

Yep. I happied all over the place. I like Chandler, but Brooks gave him a hell of a fight. I am still not exactly sure how Brooks won that fifth round though.

I haven't been near a TV so I just watched the fight
There's a really good case to be made for Brooks winning the fifth, but I think it was a 10-10 round personally
Which still gives Brooks the fight on my cards
10-9
10-9
8-10
9-10
10-10

47-48

i feel bad for chandler he had a shit fight.. still he had no excuses when he could of made plenty

I was happy he lost after they kept showing his family looking like they were in a sitcom where one of the main characters takes up a sport and they act all excited at nothing

Nope, Chandler is one of my favorite fighters. Fight should have been scored either a draw or a Chandler decision, no way Brooks took the fifth.

I'm just happy the right guy won. The guy who got beat up lost, and the guy who did not get beat up won. Worked for me.

I though Chandler won. Clearly.

I'm not a Chandler fan but I think the dude got screwed in this fight as well as in the Alvarez fight.

Even if he had gotten the decision against Brooks his stock would have dropped.

I though Chandler won. Clearly.

I'm not a Chandler fan but I think the dude got screwed in this fight as well as in the Alvarez fight.

Even if he had gotten the decision against Brooks his stock would have dropped.

If Chandler would have dropped Brooks with a punch at the end, rather then Brooks just kind of falling back, then I would have had Chandler winning a close one as well. But the two rounds Brooks won contained much more damage and domination than the 2 rounds Chandler won. Chandler wanted to bury his head after a TD, and throw pitter-pat punches.. Directly after saying guys like that don't need to be in MMA. Brooks kicked him in the face 5 times really hard and landed effective shots from top position. There is no way you can say Chandler clearly won, that is non-sense.

i feel bad for chandler he had a shit fight.. still he had no excuses when he could of made plenty

he literally said, this was my worst performance I've got a lot of stuff going on

he made an excuse like immediately post-fight hahaha

I'm never happy someone lost when I thought they deserved the win, regardless of how I feel about them as a person. And I thought Chandler and Mo were both legitimately robbed.

he literally said, this was my worst performance I've got a lot of stuff going on

he made an excuse like immediately post-fight hahaha

Yes he did. That is true. He bashed Brooks style before the fight, tried to use that style and failed, and then made excuses the first second he had the chance to.

I'm never happy someone lost when I thought they deserved the win, regardless of how I feel about them as a person. And I thought Chandler and Mo were both legitimately robbed.

Who didn't like Chandler before this fight??

And "robbed??" Nice to know Sherdog has no idea wtf that word means anymore..

I do not personally see a case for Chandler losing the fight, but he was given the loss. So that's a robbery in my eyes.

Yes he did. That is true. He bashed Brooks style before the fight, tried to use that style and failed, and then made excuses the first second he had the chance to.

Robbery term gets floated around wayyyy too often, both guys played it safe in the 5th round for the majority and it cost Chandler big time apparently because even that last minute combo and sub attempt couldn't seal the round for him...

coasting never works, ask Bryan Caraway what happens when you think you're up 2 rounds and take your corners advice of "do nothing crazy cause you're already winning"

I'm not happy he lost (I thought it should've been scored a draw) but I noticed what he said and then what he proceeded to do as well.

Rampage/Mo & Brooks/Chandler were both pretty bad decisions.

Not upset about Brooks though, he clearly was the better fighter and on a weeks notice I feel like he deserved the W. 10-9 system I still give to Chandler.

Mo/Rampage was a shit decision though

neither guy looked impressive imo. brooks looks like another askren, great wrestler but not much power in his strikes. chandler still gasses in the 3rd and 4th and gets a second wind in the 5th.

meh. not excited about either as champ anymore.

Back