You guys really have nothing on Jones, do you ?

I have nothing on Jones but I have something against you nuthuggers who believe he is the second coming of jesus.

Shouldn't it be the third coming?

Didn't he supposedly come back once already?

Jones is a talented fighter but is unlikable as a person. Actually, let me rephrase: Jones might be extremely likable as a person, but the fans will never know because everything he says or does is meticulously engineered to sell an image, a la Sonnen, Lesnar, et al. I (and I'm guessing most of us) find phony people off-putting. Sorry.

I think it's pretty strange how many people confuse "unlikable" with "Bad person". I've been face to face with Jon, a foot or two away and I didn't see a bad person behind those eyes. He saw an old friend, smiled and was very warm and genuine.

I think the cameras just add a weird dimension to people. I throw this analysis on Jones because I can empathize with a lot of it. At work, I'm am about my fucking business and your feelings don't matter to me. It's made a lot of people dislike me, but I'm sure to show my more human side as time goes on and let them know there's a soul behind this monster lol

Not disagreeing with you at all, btw, I just think it's weird how many fans jump to the conclusion that because you don't like someone, that they are a bad person. There are great people I can't stand and some of my friends and family are shit bags.

Shouldn't it be the third coming?

Didn't he supposedly come back once already?

Yes, in the same physical form, so it was still a single embodiment. The 'Second Coming" of Christ is Christ in a form far surpassing our mortal comprehension; pretty much a pissed off God-Tier video game boss. His first form is as a weak, mortal man with the holy spirit inside of him.
It can be argued either way, and if you start talking about the holy ghost and what not you begin to trail down a pretty creepy path of theoretical.

Yes, in the same physical form, so it was still a single embodiment.
It can be argued either way, and if you start talking about the holy ghost and what not you begin to trail down a pretty creepy path of theoretical.

I swear my sunday school teacher taught us that he was in a different body.

but that was long ago.

I swear my sunday school teacher taught us that he was in a different body.

but that was long ago.

I haven't read the New Testament in fucking forever and I only really paid attention to the book of Matthew, so I'd take her word over some fucker off the internet.

All the hate Jones gets is mostly non-fighting related high school drama. The worst thing you guys have against him is the eye pokes. His kicks to knees are legal. He makes weight, has never tested dirty, and he puts on an amazing show.

Why can't you guys just respect the guy for being the phenomenally talented fighter he is ?

lol ....PLEASE PLEASE like my favorite fighter like i do. EXPLAIN WHY YOU HATE HIM>....IDK him personally buthe is a good guy WHAT DO YOU GUYS HAVE ON HIM.

please stfu lol. Its the nature of the sport man. Dont get mad people like to root against this guy its fun!

We have tons on Jones, which is why I find it so silly people are focusing on eyepokes and little barbs that are pretty inconsequential (inb4 some 14 year old tells me the irrefutable evidence that Jon Jones is going to blind someone).

He's just a prickly, strange guy that puts out a false image as if there's something to hide. Some want him to be a humble, christian black guy archetype, but on the contrary, I'd love for Jon to just be a condescending dick and just give a response to a simple question that doesn't seem like a half-truth or a labored, very meticulously worded "WILL YOU LIKE ME PLEASSEEE?" answer.

He has a real obsession with being like and heralded and an almost psychopathic response to the opposite. The way he's chased people down on twitter, the way he's responded to fellow fighters, etc. He's obsessed with "GREATNESS...WILL YOU BE A WITNESS?" as if he's curing cancer instead of beating guys up in a cage.

This all started around the Vera fight, where Brandon basically said "I'm not scared of him and I don't think he's that good". Jones' entire personality he built at the time, a quiet hard working father that would rather let his fists talk and let god do the rest, was now a scowling, pissed off cagefighter ready to (literally) break your skull if you talked shit.

I don't mind that type of guy at all. I'm a big fan of Igor and older fighters who seemed to get off on punishing their inferiors. It was crazy to watch the pinnacle of fist-fighting and what one man could do to another.

Jon wants to be held in that regard in one breath, but in another wants to be a Kanye-West-esque celebrity telling you that your 9-5 existence is pointless and that the art he's creating is what will be remembered.

Funny thing is, I fucking love Kanye, because he's an alcoholic maniac monster, and his music these days is basically stating what a piece of shit he is. Love the honesty. Say what you will about that asshole, but he always seems to get the last laugh in some fashion.

Jon on the other hand is just kind a weird megalomaniac who is constantly reminding us how great he is, not only as a fighter, but as a human being, when truth is, he's a young man with a lot of pressure on his shoulders that makes mistakes, misspeaks, missteps, etc. No one expects him to be perfect other than himself, but when he fails to meet his own standards, he tells us that he doesn't give a shit what we think, but it seems like he REALLY REALLY cares what the public thinks of him. I have immense respect for Jon and I think his story (his sister dying, one of his parents being blind, his humble beginnings, losing an opportunity to follow his dream to raise a child, etc.) is a compelling one if the end result didn't turn out to be such a polarizing and kind of depressing figure. The people who like him generally like his accomplishments, and not the person behind them. This is not a problem if the person wasn't marketed as heavily as Jon has been marketed by the UFC and how often he is marketing himself and posting pictures and videos of himself screaming "Like me'

It kind of reminds me of Tiberus' reign of the Roman Empire; desperate to be loved and feared all the same, on his own little Island away from the people, judging them in one breath and wondering why he is not loved in the next.

Could you rephrase that please?

Not disagreeing with you at all, btw, I just think it's weird how many fans jump to the conclusion that because you don't like someone, that they are a bad person. There are great people I can't stand and some of my friends and family are shit bags.

Yes, those are my sentiment exactly. To clarify, I don't think he's a bad person, and with his resources I'm sure he does far more good for the world than I currently can. There's an unquantifiable chemistry about liking someone. Some dirt-bags have it, some good guys don't. I've worked with people who would probably give me the shirts off their backs, but if I had to spend a few recreational hours with them I'd likely find a utility closet and hang myself with my shoelaces. Whether Jones is a scumbag or a great guy, something about him doesn't sit well with me and -- not that it matters to him, I'm sure -- I intensely dislike him.

He is a great fighter. I respect his fighting skills.

However he is also a person that many people don't like. People like and dislike people all the time. It's what we do. He is not very likeable, therefore many people don't like him. Get over it.

He has crazy long arms and he guages distance. Once in a while he accidentally pokes a guy.

Here's a crazy idea, close your fucking fist and gauge distance with your jab like most other fighters. Don't point your fingers straight at someone's eyes an inch away and follow their head everywhere it goes. The Rampage fight is the best example of this.

Jones is trying to keep his opponent at the distance he likes by the threat of running their eyes into his outstretched fingers. If you don't see that, I don't know what to tell ya. There may be no rule against it, but it's dirty, and it's shit I don't wanna see.

However, aside from that and his kicks to the knee (which I also don't like) he's an incredible fighter and I try to never miss a Jones fight. But it doesn't mean I have to like the guy. He seems like an incredibly self absorbed kid who will exploit any rules or lack there of to win, when he's talented enough to not have to. At all. And that to me is what makes it even more ridiculous and unsportsmanlike.

Back