You guys really have nothing on Jones, do you ?

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Coffee79, Jan 1, 2015.

1. Coffee79

Coffee79 Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

All the hate Jones gets is mostly non-fighting related high school drama. The worst thing you guys have against him is the eye pokes. His kicks to knees are legal. He makes weight, has never tested dirty, and he puts on an amazing show.

Why can't you guys just respect the guy for being the phenomenally talented fighter he is ?

2. Ancient Warrior

Ancient Warrior Gold Belt

Here we go again.

Maybe if you argue hard enough, you can convince people to like Dana as well.

3. Coffee79

people are too harsh on Dana too - every time the UFC makes any facebook post someone posts a pic of him as a clown.

Just mean spirited.

4. Other

Other Nope

12-6 elbows

5. gameoverman

gameoverman Purple Belt

No eye-gouging and no biting are the two original and most important rules...At least he doesnt bite i guess.

6. Docile

Docile Brown Belt

You're only speaking to the people who don't respect Jones as an athlete then?

Let's listen for the crickets.

7. Coffee79

He has crazy long arms and he guages distance. Once in a while he accidentally pokes a guy.

8. mmass

mmass Orange Belt

DUI?

I want DC to win but Jones is an amazing fighter.

I won't enjoy it if he picks DC apart.

9. Zanmato

Zanmato Black Belt

i respect jones' abilities even if i can't wait for him to lose however saying "all you guys have on him is the fact that he pokes eyes [repeatedly]" is rather funny

he's many multiples over the average though

10. Ancient Warrior

Ancient Warrior Gold Belt

At least I know what your standards are now.

11. Coffee79

again, that's not related to his talent as a fighter

12. Other

Other Nope

You honestly believe that each and every time finger pokes an eye that it is an accident?

13. Da Speeit

Da Speeit CANCEROUS POSTER Platinum Member

In bed with your bitch, watching game of thrones,
    We have tons on Jones, which is why I find it so silly people are focusing on eyepokes and little barbs that are pretty inconsequential (inb4 some 14 year old tells me the irrefutable evidence that Jon Jones is going to blind someone).

He's just a prickly, strange guy that puts out a false image as if there's something to hide. Some want him to be a humble, christian black guy archetype, but on the contrary, I'd love for Jon to just be a condescending dick and just give a response to a simple question that doesn't seem like a half-truth or a labored, very meticulously worded "WILL YOU LIKE ME PLEASSEEE?" answer.

He has a real obsession with being like and heralded and an almost psychopathic response to the opposite. The way he's chased people down on twitter, the way he's responded to fellow fighters, etc. He's obsessed with "GREATNESS...WILL YOU BE A WITNESS?" as if he's curing cancer instead of beating guys up in a cage.

This all started around the Vera fight, where Brandon basically said "I'm not scared of him and I don't think he's that good". Jones' entire personality he built at the time, a quiet hard working father that would rather let his fists talk and let god do the rest, was now a scowling, pissed off cagefighter ready to (literally) break your skull if you talked shit.

I don't mind that type of guy at all. I'm a big fan of Igor and older fighters who seemed to get off on punishing their inferiors. It was crazy to watch the pinnacle of fist-fighting and what one man could do to another.

Jon wants to be held in that regard in one breath, but in another wants to be a Kanye-West-esque celebrity telling you that your 9-5 existence is pointless and that the art he's creating is what will be remembered.

Funny thing is, I fucking love Kanye, because he's an alcoholic maniac monster, and his music these days is basically stating what a piece of shit he is. Love the honesty. Say what you will about that asshole, but he always seems to get the last laugh in some fashion.

Jon on the other hand is just kind a weird megalomaniac who is constantly reminding us how great he is, not only as a fighter, but as a human being, when truth is, he's a young man with a lot of pressure on his shoulders that makes mistakes, misspeaks, missteps, etc. No one expects him to be perfect other than himself, but when he fails to meet his own standards, he tells us that he doesn't give a shit what we think, but it seems like he REALLY REALLY cares what the public thinks of him. I have immense respect for Jon and I think his story (his sister dying, one of his parents being blind, his humble beginnings, losing an opportunity to follow his dream to raise a child, etc.) is a compelling one if the end result didn't turn out to be such a polarizing and kind of depressing figure. The people who like him generally like his accomplishments, and not the person behind them. This is not a problem if the person wasn't marketed as heavily as Jon has been marketed by the UFC and how often he is marketing himself and posting pictures and videos of himself screaming "Like me'

It kind of reminds me of Tiberus' reign of the Roman Empire; desperate to be loved and feared all the same, on his own little Island away from the people, judging them in one breath and wondering why he is not loved in the next.

14. kurtwpg

kurtwpg Silver Belt

Have nothing on Jones? Please. I can waterski better and crush him at math

15. DragonRush

DragonRush White Belt

I have really been wondering myself this week where all of Bones' fans are? I mean, all of the other GOATs had haters

16. SlicerDM

SlicerDM Peace is a lie, there is only passion Double Yellow Card

I have nothing on Jones but I have something against you nuthuggers who believe he is the second coming of jesus.

17. HyungminSon

HyungminSon White Belt

I can't post a picture, but this reminded me of that "Leave Britney alone" guy

18. EliteHandSpeed

EliteHandSpeed Purple Belt

[​IMG]

It's funny that this is his only "loss", Bones is well on his way to becoming the GOAT

Last edited: Jan 1, 2015
  19. Other

Other Nope

Also, unsupported claim, I feel like he may have bad breath

20. Dan155

Dan155 Green Belt

Jones is a talented fighter but is unlikable as a person. Actually, let me rephrase: Jones might be extremely likable as a person, but the fans will never know because everything he says or does is meticulously engineered to sell an image, a la Sonnen, Lesnar, et al. I (and I'm guessing most of us) find phony people off-putting. Sorry.