1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

You guys know any WAGS?

Discussion in 'Mayberry Lounge' started by Red Beard, Jan 31, 2020.

1. Red Beard Red Belt

WAGS....acronym for Weird Alone Guy. We all have met them and they insist they are happier alone. They sit at the bar alone, go to the movies alone, even do the unthinkable...eat at restaurants alone! My cousin is a WAG and I have seen him with women and he is horrendous at picking them up. He's in his mid thirties and he still punches guys in the arm when he sees VW Bugs (punch Buggy no punch back) and he also spits constantly. After a certain point it becomes nearly impossible to meet a woman without insane baggage so the prime years to meet a woman to get hitched to are 24-30. Once you creep over 30 it's a roll of the dice. Any of you Sherbros know any WAGS...or are you one?

2. JoeyJoeJoeJr Black Belt

Im definitely a proud member of the wag club. Cant stand people.

3. Red Beard Red Belt

Now, do you think your WAG status is self-inflicted and you just adapted or do you think it was a choice? Are people annoying to you or did they all leave your side?

4. Threetrees Free Jon Gruden

I cant imagine going to a restaurant alone

I mean like a quick lunch maybe, but not a nice restaurant

5. Gomi1977 Purple Belt

Barger-Compascuum (try pronouncing that one!)
    I second that emotion, and 100% by choice.

6. Red Beard Red Belt

I can't understand it either. I have a childhood friend that is out in Vegas and he goes to restaurants alone constantly. He takes pics and puts them on Instagram like a chick bro! Pics of his drink and captions like, "This right here makes the work week worth it." Ahhhhhh bro no!!!! You're WAG'd up!

7. MMA since 1993 ____________ Banned

I instantly turn into a WAG when i go to the gym. I have my earbuds on, i'm there to put in the work, leave me TF alone.

8. Red Beard Red Belt

Does that involve women too? You have no wife or girlfriend?

9. Red Beard Red Belt

I wouldn't consider that WAG status though. I hate people that want to chat at the gym. I usually go to the gym with a buddy though so we spot each other. No homo.

10. Goon Dog Furio Belt

Me too.

11. JAEGERX Gold Belt

i definetly enjoy time alone but i cant stop banging whores from tinder and bumble i cant, i think the christian family that i have as floor neighbors on my apartment building are gonna do an intervention on me

12. Medulla Omoplata Mayberry Comptroller

I don't know any WAGs but I don't talk to or hang out with other people.

13. MMA since 1993 ____________ Banned

[​IMG]

14. Bubzeh Silver Belt

Lots of judging going on in here. Let people live their life how they deem fit.

Never really done any of the activities mentioned above alone but I'd happily do one or two of them.

15. Gomi1977 Purple Belt

Barger-Compascuum (try pronouncing that one!)
    I'm gay, so a big, fat no on that one! LOL

But no bf/ partner or anything, and am not interested (anymore). The effort does not match the reward, not even remotely. I have 2 really close friends, though not geographically anymore, which is unfortunate, but no more than that. We keep in touch digitally and meet up from time to time.

I have my dog, my garden, and my houseplants, plus another x amount of hobbies, and that, for me, is the most pleasant way of living I can imagine. And yes, I sometimes eat at restaurants, alone. Well, always with my dog by my side; when we go on a day hike, I sometimes treat myself to a nice meal on the way back. But I always want a seat outside, as far away from (noisy) people as possible, so I can enjoy my meal in peace, while reading a good book.

16. Cole train Gold Belt

Yeah i am

Or at least used to be age 16 to 20

Told a story about this in random story thread

17. Red Beard Red Belt

You WAG'ing so hard right now!!!!!

It's saying things like that that makes you a WAG.

Hahaha well...fair. I enjoy gardening and things but I love doing things with other people. Being the Weird Alone Guy isn't something I want and i can't comprehend how someone can exclusively love being alone. It's not normal in my opinion.

18. Threetrees Free Jon Gruden

Yeah it's weird because going to a dinner at a restaurant seems like it's more about the social experience than anything else

Same with a bar
    I have a friend who goes to bars alone and reads and I cant understand it
    I've seen him multiple times

The movies I can understand, if no one I know is interested and i dont want my wife to ruin a movie for me by complaining about it, I'll go to a movie at like noon on a day off or something

19. Cole train Gold Belt

Nobody likes it ,it just happens

I come from a country where 25 percent of males aged 18 to 25 become "misfits" like goverment calls them, meaning they become a computer guy who never leaves home, an alcoholic/junkie or criminal.

Im a pro when talking this kind of social stuff

20. Cole train Gold Belt

I usually go to bar alone when i run out of booze

21. JoeyJoeJoeJr Black Belt

Eh, long story.

When I was a teenager I was the life of the party. I had more friends than anyone I knew. Everyone wanted to be around me because I was funny and silly. I would party and I was very social.

During that time, likely due to some negative experiences I had, I started to change. I became less and less social over time. There were multiple factors.

The more time you spend alone, the more you become accustomed to it, and the less you want to be around others. These days I don't really have any friends. I would call that my choice. Ive had opportunities to make friends, but because Im embarrassed of myself, I don't allow anyone to get to know me. If you get to know me, you might see that I have problems. I spend most of my time putting on a completely fake personality thats meant to portray me as happy and normal, and im very good at it.

Ive completely lost all of my social skills, because I have nothing interesting to talk about, because I never do anything. I cant hold a 2 minute conversation and I find I don't really put effort in to it because I don't want to talk to people.

Its not necessarily that I find people annoying. There are people I don't find annoying, they are just too different than me. I cant relate to anything they say. I find I don't care about anything they say. Ive just grown distant, even to my own family.

I do what I want to do at all times, and I don't want others getting in my way.