You guys are being too hard on Belcher.

He deserves the criticism. He was doing very well defending and reversing takedowns, and giving him a pass for the first guillotine guard pull, after that his decisions to repeat the position turned a competitive fight into a smotherfest. That deserves criticism, if we're going to be honest.

Alan is a finisher and he always goes for the kill, which is commendable. With that said, he didn't fight smart and left himself vulnerable on several occasions. His confidence in his BJJ is great, especially after the Palhares fight, but he should've avoided trying to guillotine Yushin. You can't make those type of mistakes against a guy like Okami and this fight proved that.

That's a style that Belcher just has a hard time dealing with. He could have looked great against a lot of guys. He'll get back up and probably look good in his next fight.

Everyone looks bad against him, that's why they call him the Kanagawan Kryptonite.

He is 7 and 3, anyone can have a bad night.....he will be back, lay off.....

Okami has never been the UFC champion.

Yes, he looked like crap.

But he was a mere man fighting against the silent storm, the rolling thunder, the rainmaker, the flash flood, the monsoon, the lightning rod, the Japanese buzzsaw, the tree which bends but does not break, Yushin Okami. You don't just end up with a name that translates to "Great God" by coincidence. This was ordained by fate from the jump-off.

Any disappointment is your fault for not understanding that Yushin Okami is the best middleweight on the planet other than Anderson Silva and Alan Belcher is merely a good fighter with questionable fight and tattoo IQ. Please stop being so hard on him.

thank you for your time.

What? Yushin okami and Yoshihiro Tajiri are one in the same? :eek:

100112_tajiri.JPG

Yeah right, sounds like another hater who didn't even watch the fight. Nice try

Okay. I guess we have a difference of opinion on what constitutes fighting. I see most agree with me here. Perhaps no one watched the fight except you?

Bullshit. Okami had 3 horrible takedows where Belcher landed on top, specially one where Belcher landed right on mount, but Belcher wasted them so badly it was ridiculous.

meh belcher didn't waste them as much as okami's just a great scrambler with huge power and technique down there.I predicted okami would beat him atleast 60-40 but I still expected much better out of belcher's grappling.

Okami has a new nickname. When they introduce him in the cage, it is now Yushin "The silent storm, the rolling thunder, the rainmaker, the flash flood, the monsoon, the lightning rod, the Japanese buzzsaw, the tree which bends but does not break" Okami

Yes, he looked like crap.

But he was a mere man fighting against the silent storm, the rolling thunder, the rainmaker, the flash flood, the monsoon, the lightning rod, the Japanese buzzsaw, the tree which bends but does not break, Yushin Okami. You don't just end up with a name that translates to "Great God" by coincidence. This was ordained by fate from the jump-off.

Any disappointment is your fault for not understanding that Yushin Okami is the best middleweight on the planet other than Anderson Silva and Alan Belcher is merely a good fighter with questionable fight and tattoo IQ. Please stop being so hard on him.

thank you for your time.

okami-ktfo-by-tim-boesch.gif

Back