You guys are being too hard on Belcher.

All In The Game

Green Belt
Reaction score
Yes, he looked like crap.

But he was a mere man fighting against the silent storm, the rolling thunder, the rainmaker, the flash flood, the monsoon, the lightning rod, the Japanese buzzsaw, the tree which bends but does not break, Yushin Okami. You don't just end up with a name that translates to "Great God" by coincidence. This was ordained by fate from the jump-off.

Any disappointment is your fault for not understanding that Yushin Okami is the best middleweight on the planet other than Anderson Silva and Alan Belcher is merely a good fighter with questionable fight and tattoo IQ. Please stop being so hard on him.

thank you for your time.

Those are some cool names,man. I wish I could have at least one name half as cool as those.

Like Alan just can't understand why you would pull guard on a great wrestler regardless of the choke opportunity or not.

But he was a mere man fighting against the silent storm, the rolling thunder, the rainmaker, the flash flood, the monsoon, the lightning rod, the Japanese buzzsaw, the tree which bends but does not break, Yushin Okami. You don't just end up with a name that translates to "Great God" by coincidence. This was ordained by fate from the jump-off.

Any disappointment is your fault for not understanding that Yushin Okami is the best middleweight on the planet other than Anderson Silva and Alan Belcher is merely a good fighter with questionable fight and tattoo IQ. Please stop being so hard on him.

thank you for your time.

Chael Sonnen disagrees.

He took him down and went to sleep on his chest. That's it. Hard to do anything when your opponent wants to lay on your chest for 15 minutes.

I didn't think he looked like crap, I just think he didn't have a game plan coming in and probably thought he would sub okami quickly on the ground. His hands were obviously winning the fight with damage but he just needed to circle away off the fence and avoid the clinch.

He took him down and went to sleep on his chest. That's it. Hard to do anything when your opponent wants to lay on your chest for 15 minutes.

Bullshit. Okami had 3 horrible takedows where Belcher landed on top, specially one where Belcher landed right on mount, but Belcher wasted them so badly it was ridiculous.

I always wondered if Okami is his legit last name or if he changed it.

thank you for your time.

Those Are Awesome Nicknames ! ... Only Thing Capable Of Stopping Okami Is Chael's Mom :)

no, we're not, belcher blew that fight and i'm sure he would tell you that.

I guess thats why he was trying to pass. I'm guessing you didn't see Okami reach side control because reftard decided that it was a good time to stand them up, after 2 SECONDS!

I guess thats why he was trying to pass. I'm guessing you didn't see Okami reach side control because reftard decided that it was a good time to stand them up, after 2 SECONDS!

I don't know, I was lulled into near sleep by Okami's "fighting" by that point.

thank you for your time.

This is all too fantastic for words.

I also believe Belcher lost because he's not very good at all.

i though Belcher looked damn good but had a few critical positional/transitional mistakes that cost him dearly.

NCAA Belcher is not the strongest Alan Belcher.

That's a style that Belcher just has a hard time dealing with. He could have looked great against a lot of guys. He'll get back up and probably look good in his next fight.

He lost to one of the best middleweights there ever was. No shame in that.

Back