You gotta understand it from Dana's point of view. The less he pays fighters

Dana paying the fighters more is the equivalent of you arriving at McDonald’s and saying. Omg dude this Big Mac is so good I’ll pay you guys 200 bucks extra because McDonald’s deserves it.

it’s exactly the same thing. You don’t pay someone what you think or wish they were worth, you pay what they are worth and what the market dictates they are worth. Why would someone like say… canonier make millions? When they can literally replace him for any other fighter from the UFC or other organization and they will make exactly the same numbers in the ppv?

Funny how most of those guys and gals don't generate much revenue, plus they have other reasons to stay.
What do you mean they don’t generate much revenue? This thread is about them being underpaid bro…..

What do you mean they don’t generate much revenue? This thread is about them being underpaid bro…..
Yeah, most fighters don't really generate much money, it's disproportionately fighters who draw and are near the top. Mid tier fighters are underpaid as far as revenue generation in all likelihood, just not as much as top tier fighters.

Joe Schmo isn't buying a PPV for anything other than the headliner most of the time.

Exactly. Now you're understanding it. But we do our part dont we? We pirate the ppvs. We dont give them a cent.
And this is why bitching about fighter pay which I myself have done is stupid to even discuss on this site when nearly every poster brags about pirating the PPV's.

Well, cost reduction if you can do it without impacting revenue….

That seems to be what the UFC does best.
That's why they are worth billions.

Yeah, most fighters don't really generate much money, it's disproportionately fighters who draw and are near the top. Mid tier fighters are underpaid as far as revenue generation in all likelihood, just not as much as top tier fighters.

Joe Schmo isn't buying a PPV for anything other than the headliner most of the time.
So why don’t mid-tier fighters take their revenue somewhere else?

Exactly. Now you're understanding it. But we do our part dont we? We pirate the ppvs. We dont give them a cent.
Supposedly that’s means you have no leg to stand on. THe only possible solution to support fighters is to buy the ppvs so you’re favorite fighter can get one cent on the dollar

So why don’t mid-tier fighters take their revenue somewhere else?
Too much money to be made on the top, the need to fight elite fighters and the UFC having the lion's share of top top 15 talent, etc. Plus people perceive the UFC as the gold standard for fighter quality. Also pressure from the UFC to resign, those kind of shenanigans.

b31

holy shit fellas, we got a fuckin economist over here. should i buy or sell game stop?

IMO its a typical company like any other company.... the workers down the bottom do all the work and get scraps, while the guys at the top earn the big bucks.

I wish it wasnt like that.. but it is what it is....

you can argue its not your average company, but its ran the same as one..

Too much money to be made on the top, the need to fight elite fighters and the UFC having the lion's share of top top 15 talent, etc. Plus people perceive the UFC as the gold standard for fighter quality. Also pressure from the UFC to resign, those kind of shenanigans.
too much money on the top? why would there be more money from the company that takes most of your revenue?

too much money on the top? why would there be more money from the company that takes most of your revenue?
Because due in part to the wonders of monopsony power, the UFC can afford to pay something closer to a reservation wage. The UFC sets the wages for the industry by and large.

Because due in part to the wonders of monopsony power, the UFC can afford to pay something closer to a reservation wage. The UFC sets the wages for the industry by and large.
you seem to be missing the plot. if the fighter can take their revenue with them, how can the ufc set their wage?

you seem to be missing the plot. if the fighter can take their revenue with them, how can the ufc set their wage?
Are you asking how employers set wages? Is that really what you're asking me? Let's make it simple: The UFC can outbid every other mma promotion consistently without getting much past reservation wage.

There's a reason I Can't think of too many other labor markets as fucked up as mma.

Are you asking how employers set wages? Is that really what you're asking me? Let's make it simple: The UFC can outbid every other mma promotion consistently without getting much past reservation wage.

There's a reason I Can't think of too many other labor markets as fucked up as mma.
c'mon. if a fighter can take their revenue with them, why wouldn't other promotions just pay a higher % of that # and still make bank?

c'mon. if a fighter can take their revenue with them, why wouldn't other promotions just pay a higher % of that # and still make bank?
Because they lack the ability to sell like the UFC and you can't run a promotion based on one fighter, you need a roster. Most promotions can't even come close to paying out what the UFC does, because again, in part monopsony power. Not to mention most of the valuable revenue generators never get a chance to test free agency or are strongly discouraged from doing so.

Because they lack the ability to sell like the UFC and you can't run a promotion based on one fighter, you need a roster. Most promotions can't even come close to paying out what the UFC does, because again, in part monopsony power. Not to mention most of the valuable revenue generators never get a chance to test free agency or are strongly discouraged from doing so.
c'mon. the fighters bring their revenue so the org they go to has the revenue to pay out. this is your argument.....

The minute Dana starts giving these fighters more pay/sponsors is when we get a bunch of "fighters" who are satisfied to basically just show up to collect a check.

Don't forget where alot of these people are from.
Don't forget that most of them have families that collect government checks to DO NOTHING

These guys are complaining about pay yet have like 6 kids ?
Unbelievable.

First mistake was bringing Wmma into the UFC

Because those athletes are responsible for his terribly run company thriving
They sit out because they negotiate contracts and hold out for more money.
Fat bald pink asshole doesn't want to pay them while he pockets all the cash they're making him. Wtf does he do to promote? All you ever hear the dude do is shit on his own guys. Due to sneaky scumbag contracts they're roped into all of this. Either play the game or somebody else will and you get dick

I honestly expected more from username "grandwizard666"

Back