You go through a dwi checkpoint

Have yet to have ever experienced one, let alone seen one set up.
They are super common in areas with a lot of drunk drivers. When I lived in America's asshole, New Mexico, I saw them all the time.

Fuck man I've played it off twice going thru checkpoints before (when I was younger) when I was absolutely over the limit

They are super common in areas with a lot of drunk drivers. When I lived in America's asshole, New Mexico, I saw them all the time.

Haha, I live in the good ole dirty south and natta.

i see them about once a month. They have this spot in oxnard thats a regular checkpoint on weekends and there are always a handul of people outside holding up signs saying "checkpoint ahead...turn here"

Personally i just fall in line every time i have come in contact with police. Never been mistreated by one other then one bs ticket when i was 19, other then that not a complaint from me. Deserved it everytime i was arrested or given tickets and was always treated respectfully in the process.

Answer truthfully and move along. Messing with police ends badly most of the time, and having been in trouble in the past, and have been beaten up for political protesting, I know when to stand my ground and when not to. Cops at DWI checkpoints have been getting fucked with alot since the youtubers said "know your rights" (even when in some cases they are way off), so they just lock you up regardless, the DA throws the case out, but you still gotta deal with possibly being jailed/car towed etc, sure you can sue, but then its a whole ordeal as opposed to just, you know, moving along? Its not like you are making a political statement of any value.

I don't understand people just deciding to play fuck fuck games with the cops. Why be an asshole?

My job is hard enough without dealing with people just being assholes for fun. Truth is I could give two shits about where you're coming or going from but I'm asking cause drunk idiots drive around and crash into families.

Supreme Court has said checkpoints are legal and until the laws change cops will do them.

Personally DUI saturation patrols are more effective and a better use of everyone's time but MADD and other groups like checkpoints because it is visible and looks like being hard on drinking and driving.

I don't understand people just deciding to play fuck fuck games with the cops. Why be an asshole?

My job is hard enough without dealing with people just being assholes for fun. Truth is I could give two shits about where you're coming or going from but I'm asking cause drunk idiots drive around and crash into families.

Supreme Court has said checkpoints are legal and until the laws change cops will do them.

Personally DUI saturation patrols are more effective and a better use of everyone's time but MADD and other groups like checkpoints because it is visible and looks like being hard on drinking and driving.
Sometimes the idiotic rebellion phase persists into adulthood.

If you aren't impaired then the answer shouldn't matter and just humorist the officer and giving an answer could save you a lot of time.

skyler%20am%20i%20under%20arrest.jpgjpg

You're not impaired. The cop asks you where you are going and where you're coming from. Do you answer his questions?

Happened to me a while back and i instinctively answered truthfully. However i think the correct answer is none of your business. This is America and i have the right to travel freely. Im thinking about saying so next time out of principle.

What say you?

I can see both sides of this issue. However, it comes down to what do you value more:
1) Being a decent human being, or;
2) Not being inconvenienced for 5 seconds of your day

You don't have to answer those questions--that's true. But you have to understand that these cops are people too. They're just trying to catch shit bags and collect a pay check. How do you like it when people give you attitude at your job?

If you want to answer "none of your business" because that makes you feel like a man or something, then ok that's your right. Just be respectful about it. Don't be a douche bag to the cop.

because some people see cops as liberty takers who are on the side of the government, not their own.

I tell them I'm not on my way to kill someone and then transform him/her into a splendid dinner.

You're not impaired. The cop asks you where you are going and where you're coming from. Do you answer his questions?

Happened to me a while back and i instinctively answered truthfully. However i think the correct answer is none of your business. This is America and i have the right to travel freely. Im thinking about saying so next time out of principle.

What say you?
Tell the bodies in your truck are starting to stink and if they hurry the fuck up because you've got an isis meeting to get.

That will rustle their jimmies

because some people see cops as liberty takers who are on the side of the government, not their own.
I'm very against cops overstepping their bounds. However if we're gonna have a civilization, we need cops. Yes some cops are assholes, because some people are assholes. We still need cops though, and I don't see the benefit in giving the good ones a hard time.

I'm very against cops overstepping their bounds. However if we're gonna have a civilization, we need cops. Yes some cops are assholes, because some people are assholes. We still need cops though, and I don't see the benefit in giving the good ones a hard time.
In a 3 second interaction you can't possibly know if he's a good one or bad one... And maybe your past experience will dictate your assumptions about this one. Is that harsh? I don't think so. Remember, cops are trained to never, ever trust you... Given that they're leaning that way i automatically have a chip on my shoulder against them too

Why on earth would you not? You'd sound like a fucking penis if you challenged it imo.

In most cases, those people are called "criminals."

Cops don't write laws any more than soldiers don't declare war.

If anyone is a "liberty taker" that would be congress and the president.

I've seen cops fight against policies they see as unconstitutional. But at the end of the day, the government signs their paycheck. So of course they're on the side of government.

In a 3 second interaction you can't possibly know if he's a good one or bad one... And maybe your past experience will dictate your assumptions about this one. Is that harsh? I don't think so. Remember, cops are trained to never, ever trust you... Given that they're leaning that way i automatically have a chip on my shoulder against them too
Well yeah, that's why I don't fuck with them, because I don't know. I mean this is from a guy that isn't overly fond of cops in general, I've had a gun pulled on me by cops for no reason before, been treated roughly, accused of shit I didn't do, etc. I'm not trying to get shot or put in jail though and I realize every cop isn't a douche

Back