You go through a dwi checkpoint

kahiljabroni

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
You're not impaired. The cop asks you where you are going and where you're coming from. Do you answer his questions?

Happened to me a while back and i instinctively answered truthfully. However i think the correct answer is none of your business. This is America and i have the right to travel freely. Im thinking about saying so next time out of principle.

What say you?

I'd just answer them and save myself the hassle.

Last edited:
I'd just answer the questions and move along. The lack of evidence required to successfully prosecute a DWI/DUI case can be absolutely ridiculous.

I'm all for sticking it to the fuzz, but if you're sober in this scenario I'd just tell them what you're up to or make up a bullshit story about going to the store.

Fair enough...definitely the easiest play. But if your papers are in order and ur stone sober, its a good time to fuck with them.

Fair enough...definitely the easiest play. But if your papers are in order and ur stone sober, its a good time to fuck with them.

No fool its never a good idea to mess with armed people on edge who have the power to seriously mess you up in every way imaginable. Its cool that you know your rights and in spirit I feel you but in the real world bad things happen to people who mess with cops. If your cool just tell em so and move it along.

Not really, I played that card and got burned pretty badly. It didn't help that my car stunk of weed, but I was most definitely stone cold sober.

Even worse, I was literally pulled over on the turning lane of the parking lot where I was moments away from rolling my joint. Ha!

Not really, I played that card and got burned pretty badly. It didn't help that my car stunk of weed, but I was most definitely stone cold sober.

Even worse, I was literally pulled over on the turning lane of the parking lot where I was moments away from rolling my joint. Ha!
So you're fucking with cops while your car smells like weed and you're surprised it ended up bad for you? Smfh.

"I was going home, now all of sudden I'm hungry for bacon"

So you're fucking with cops while your car smells like weed and you're surprised it ended up bad for you? Smfh.
It was a life lesson, that's for sure.
200w_d.gif

Case in point, I was pulled over a different time and my friend had open liquor (I wasn't drinking, period). They cited HIM for open liquor, and just took my weed away. They were very nice about it, and I just pretended like I was sorry. I got some more weed from my friend when I dropped him off at home just a few blocks away.

I'd say, I came from "that way" pointing over my shoulder, and I'm going "that way" pointing forward. This is information they already know, so why not tell them?

I'd turn my phone's camera on record and put a sign on the windshield that says I don't consent to any searches and waste everyone's time. Then put the recording on Facebook so everyone sees how cool I am.

There's not really a correct answer. There's just the answer that helps you survive the police encounter, and the answer that gets you(and potentially your passengers) hit with false charges, injured, dead or molested.

I'd just answer them and save myself the hassell.
This. There's never an upside to being a dick. Hell, I've been in situations where I could've had my car towed or given a ticket but got out of it just by being cooperative and straight-forward.

This. There's never an upside to being a dick. Hell, I've been in situations where I could've had my car towed or given a ticket but got out of it just by being cooperative and straight-forward.

Yeah, you won't be doing yourself any favours by making a police person's job more difficult.

If you dont mind the delay ... Fuck with them .... If you fuck with them, they can ask for papers, do a check, take their time ... They love fuckin with people, so dont give em ammo

My CDL provides me my living, so I'm very polite to all policemen I come across.

But I also know to keep my mouth shut when the conversation goes beyond being friendly and into a polite interrogation.

So, I politely give non-answers, while keeping a straight face.

Question - "Where are you going tonight?"
Answer - "About three miles west of here." (When I'm actually driving East).
Question - "Do you have any drugs or anything else illegal in the vehicle."
Answer - "No." (Simple denial. Nothing flamboyant to give them the red flag that I'm desperately trying to convince them.)

Cops can smell a lie a mile away, they're lied to everyday by criminals trying to talk themselves out of being arrested, or a speeder trying to talk themselves out of a ticket. But don't think they can't mistake the truth for a lie. If you're clean in smell, appearance, and demeanor, chances are you'll be good.

I say, "I'm coming from my house and headed to a friends place. Y'all catch anyone yet?"

Then they say, "have a good night sir, be safe."

I say "ok."

Then I go about my night. It's really not that hard to not be a pain in the ass for no reason.

Back