Banned
Reaction score
anyone get that question now?

wtf man..

i preferred it when people thought i was fighting some ninja stuff

anyone get that question now?

wtf man..

i preferred it when people thought i was fighting some ninja stuff

I tend to get the "JUDO CHOP!" more than anything..and I want to Osotogari them to hell for it.

yeah the you train UFC bugs me a little but at least they have even the tiniest exposure to the sport .

People tend to either just say "Oh that's different," and then avoid me for no apparent reason because it's not like I talk about unless someone asks.
The other response is "So you're going to fight in the UFC?" I have to explain to them that it's an org not a sport and they act like it's the most complicated thing since trigonometry.

Every night when I'm Loading up my car, one neighbor always says "eyyy, fighting tonight?" he's one of those guys who just hang out in his garage all the time so feels compelled to talk to every person that walks by.

Otherwise I just "yeah, my *so n so* was a black belt in karate, but I'm wirey and could always kick his ass."

What do you say to that? "cool?"

Every night when I'm Loading up my car, one neighbor always says "eyyy, fighting tonight?" he's one of those guys who just hang out in his garage all the time so feels compelled to talk to every person that walks by.

Otherwise I just "yeah, my *so n so* was a black belt in karate, but I'm wirey and could always kick his ass."

What do you say to that? "cool?"
i think talking bjj/mma with people who don't train or seriously follow the sport is awkward to say the least. i've been in situations when i was limping or had some bruises or was just beat up from the training and said something about it and obviously people ask what you train - and then i feel weird about it. if i tell them i train, they think i'm trying to look badass. and if you say brazillian jiu jitsu or mma, noone knows what the fuck you're talking about anyway and then you have to explain the whole thing which makes you look like you're trying to be tough even more.

to keep the debate short i've said i do boxing or judo. if i feel like i'm gonna get the "so you think you can kick my ass huh?" i say basketball.

Yeah, I just say I wrestle. If someone seriously said "so you think you can kick my ass" though, i think I'd probably punch them in the mouth. There's some extreme level of douchebagginess that just isn't acceptable, and I think that exceeds that. XD

Yeah, I just say I wrestle. If someone seriously said "so you think you can kick my ass" though, i think I'd probably punch them in the mouth. There's some extreme level of douchebagginess that just isn't acceptable, and I think that exceeds that. XD

people are just like that.

what i want to do is tell them yeah, i do think i can kick your ass and it's not because i'm tough or even strong, but because you don't know shit.

but saying that is playing along and then you might have to really choke the asshole out. and while i haven't done it before, i think choking someone out can really ruin your evening.

i think talking bjj/mma with people who don't train or seriously follow the sport is awkward to say the least. i've been in situations when i was limping or had some bruises or was just beat up from the training and said something about it and obviously people ask what you train - and then i feel weird about it. if i tell them i train, they think i'm trying to look badass. and if you say brazillian jiu jitsu or mma, noone knows what the fuck you're talking about anyway and then you have to explain the whole thing which makes you look like you're trying to be tough even more.

to keep the debate short i've said i do boxing or judo. if i feel like i'm gonna get the "so you think you can kick my ass huh?" i say basketball.

haha exactly same boat here.
ive gotten the "so you think you can kick my ass huh?" line so many times that i just stopped saying i train bjj, judo, mma or boxing.
I make up someshit about falling down stairs or hurting myself at bastketball,tennis or football lol

I just say that "Yeah, when they ask me nicely" then I flick my cigarette on the ground, igniting a trail of gasoline leading up to a car across the street and then I stroll away in slow motion while it blows up. It's important not to turn around to see the explosion, one wants to give the impression it's not one's first time blowing up a car.

Add onto the end that you do boxing, and they will instantly think you are legit (in the case that they think you are a ninja or kung fu guy).

bjj and mma= huh is that like break dancing stuff

boxing=oh tight bro

wrestling=uhm r u gay

At some level we are ambassadors of the sport. If I notice real interest, I try to educate my friends, family, acquaintances, colleagues, and random strangers.

I'm not always successful but I think it is worth the effort.

I still have friends whom I've known for years believe I do karate. Some people just don't want to learn.

After a jiu jitsu demo I put on at my local elementary school, a kid snidely asked me, "You're only a brown belt???" I didn't have time to explain as he and his father walked away all disappointed... :(

People at work just call me ninja. Partly because of the martial arts and I am a half breed. Also, I do get some questions about if I could beat up so and so. I always just say no.

I did have to choke one of my buddies one night. He ws talking shit for like a week and then finally made a move on me. He last about 20 seconds and I got an RNC. We're not young kids either! I'm 33. Guys never grow up. The same thing hapenned to my son last week. He recently started training and one of his buddies tried jumping him. The other kid got triangled.

lol @ half-breed.

I am going to start using that more often.

Back