You ever experience the white van scam?

Check this guy out. He opens up some of the stuff and shows just how crappy the insides are.

It's actually kinda funny how giddy he gets as he points out all the shortcuts, counterfeit parts, etc. Kinda nonchalant, like everyone's going to understand what the heck he's talking about.

I can't believe I just watched 20 minutes of that.

Don't get diddled.

Ya....

Happened to me when I was 17, I was young and dumb.

Sounds like a fake Dutch person.

Like in 1986. Can't believe this scam still happens. wow.

LOL this brings back memories. My friend got ripped right after highs school with that speaker scam. And my friends mom got beat with the "brick in the box" scam she was so pissed she kept the brick on the fireplace mantel, people would always ask why do u have a brick up there and she would tell them the story of getting ripped off with the brick in the box scam. Another scam in my area was going around similar, a entire apartment building was being renovated and some scammers got a hold of all the oven doors, they wrapped them up nice and and put them in flat panel tv boxes. when they pull them part way out of box it looks like a flat panel tv in shrink wrap, there was a warning on tv news back then.. lol good times.

The most prevalent scam Ive encountered is people approaching me at gas stations and plazas claiming they are stranded and need money for gas.

lol.. got approached when i was a freshman in college almost 20 years ago.. thankfully i could smell the bullshit from a mile away.. my buddy bought them though despite what told him he was getting scammed

A couple of friends and I got scammed on some baseball tickets one time.

The guy had them in a little envelope. Only slid them partway out. That should have been the first tipoff that it wasn't legit. But you assume they're just in the envelope so they don't get lost or something.

We get to the gate and they inform us that the tickets were for yesterday's game. :rolleyes:

Should have been more aware. Oh well, wasn't much money. You live and you learn.

A couple of friends and I got scammed on some baseball tickets one time.

The guy had them in a little envelope. Only slid them partway out. That should have been the first tipoff that it wasn't legit. But you assume they're just in the envelope so they don't get lost or something.

We get to the gate and they inform us that the tickets were for yesterday's game. :rolleyes:

Should have been more aware. Oh well, wasn't much money. You live and you learn.

lol imagin this rite now XD

MayESOn.jpg

Dammit_15499d_767684.jpg

The most prevalent scam Ive encountered is people approaching me at gas stations and plazas claiming they are stranded and need money for gas.

Lol this mofo tried that on me once a few years back. I withdrew money from the ATM in front of the local corner store and he approaches me telling me the same thing, I told him sorry and that I don't have any money for him, he keeps begging me to help him but I just walked away.

We had some kids come by our office one day with suitcases full of Chinese electronic gear of many descriptions. I almost bought a small radio controlled helicopter but instead I bought a rechargeable flashlight with a built in stun gun for $20.00. The flashlight part works great. The blue sparks that come out of the stun gun probes look vicious and painful, but I have yet to try them out on anyone. They were dropped off by someone in a white van and were making the rounds to the area businesses on foot. I think they said that they also had TVs and DVD players and audio equipment and could make a phone call to have them brought over. That flashlight is about two years old now and I don't have any complaints about it. I actually thought that it would have quit working by now.

When I lived in the NOLA area on the west bank, you couldn't get out of your car in a parking lot without someone hitting you up for a dollar. They would always say the same thing too. "I need a dollar for toll to get back across the bridge." I would never pull out money in front of those guys.

When I lived in the NOLA area on the west bank, you couldn't get out of your car in a parking lot without someone hitting you up for a dollar. They would always say the same thing too. "I need a dollar for toll to get back across the bridge." I would never pull out money in front of those guys.

I legit had the same person approach me twice. My cousin once and she still had the balls to ask for a handout. I just lol'd.

I legit had the same person approach me twice. My cousin once and she still had the balls to ask for a handout. I just lol'd.

Yeah, it's kind of funny. I've seen someone get "a dollar to pay the toll" and immediately head over to the next person in the parking lot asking for "a dollar to pay the toll". Shameless panhandlers. If he asked me for a dollar to buy a beer, then maybe I'd see it a little differently.

Holy shit! I didn't know this was a real thing. I remember this from 20+ years ago in the Bay Area. I was offered speakers from the back of a white van more then once back then.

I had this happen out side a grocery store. I said no and headed for the hardware store across the street. Leaving the hardware store I saw the guy walking out of the other parking lot. So I decided to watch him. He walked a block and got in his car. So I decided to see if he would get gas. I followed him for 5 miles and passed 2 gas stations. He pulled into a Walgreens and went inside. I figured he would buy beer but I wanted to see so I went in also.

I'm standing right next to him watching him as how grabs a box of "Fiddle Faddle" and then a bottle of "Yoo Hoo" and heads for the cash register. At this point I ended my surveillance and went home

Just got thinking about this. Why always speakers? This scam has been going on for like 40 years, and they've never changed the game. It's kind of odd when you think about it.

Back