You ever experience the white van scam?

RawHawg

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I already knew of this, and was recently approaching by the scammer with the trademark plain white van while I was pumping gas on the way to work. He starts up with the usual bs "hey do you like music, we happen to have an extra surround sound system, blah blah..."

I just told him to give me break and said I couldn't believe they were still pulling that stupid scam crap and he left. If I wasn't in a hurry I would have asked him to take everything out of the boxes and set it all up and anything else to waste his time for nothing.

Anyone else ever encounter these assholes?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_van_speaker_scam

Yeah, it was annoying. He tried to sell me an "ipad" as they had a few extra in the back (lol)

I'll post the full story later.

They tried that that shit with me, but I was a lite more naive. I wound up driving around with them for a bit. Then I started giving in to their advances by taking off articles of clothing for money. Eventually I wound up having sex on camera in the van. Afterwards, I asked to get out because I had to take a leak and they wound up driving away, leaving me in the middle of nowhere. Smh

I already knew of this, and was recently approaching by the scammer with the trademark plain white van while I was pumping gas on the way to work. He starts up with the usual bs "hey do you like music, we happen to have an extra surround sound system, blah blah..."

I just told him to give me break and said I couldn't believe they were still pulling that stupid scam crap and he left. If I wasn't in a hurry I would have asked him to take everything out of the boxes and set it all up and anything else to waste his time for nothing.

Anyone else ever encounter these assholes?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_van_speaker_scam

Hahaha, holy shit. Yes, i have and that was at least 20 years ago. I was working at a gas station and a guy said he had some stereo equipment that was not on the inventory sheet from the company he worked for, but was loaded onto his van anyway by mistake. Told him 'not interested' pretty quickly. I think he started asking customers and the owner told him to screw.

I love that they pull out the inventory sheet and try to show it to you as if that proves the shitty lie they're telling.

hadn't even heard of that.

They tried that that shit with me, but I was a lite more naive. I wound up driving around with them for a bit. Then I started giving in to their advances by taking off articles of clothing for money. Eventually I wound up having sex on camera in the van. Afterwards, I asked to get out because I had to take a leak and they wound up driving away, leaving me in the middle of nowhere. Smh

It's fine, man, you were just paying your way through college.

Yep.

It was in a big parkinglot, pitchblack outside and me and my friends were Juniors in Highschool. They were about the same age as us. The first thing they did is nervously try to convince us over and over that they weren't scammers even though we hadn't questioned them on it. "Look see, here's our business card and business number, etc etc"

Me and my friends were virtually broke and we didn't care for audio stuff anyway, so we could only have afforded anything dirt cheap (since it was gonna be crap anyways). We asked how much they wanted and they said "TWO THOUSAND DOLLARS- IT'S WORTH FIVE"

we just turned around and went into Subway like we had meant to before being interrupted. They didn't even try to lower their offer.

Yes, I have seen this. Two guys approached me. Said that they picked up a bunch of high end speakers for their work. They were given too many, but no one would notice the mistake. Therefore, they claimed they had to get rid of the speakers before they reached their office, otherwise It would be noticed that they had too many.

So I asked them why they didn't take them home. They said they were too far away. So why didn't they hide them somewhere? They said someone would probably steal them. They claimed what they really wanted was to keep the awesome speakers, but they would settle for some cash instead. Even if that was a massive loss for them.

So I made them an offer. I would take the speakers as a favour. I would give them my phone number. Then after they were done work they could pick up the speakers at my house an maybe give me $100 for my trouble. If they were worth $2000, or whatever they claimed, then this was a fantastic deal for them. Oddly enough they declined.

I'm pretty sure my dad fell for this like 15-20 years ago. I love my dad but he can be pretty gullible at times.

I've been approached by guys doing this twice, once at a gas station and once in a parking lot. First time I wasn't interested because I don't really care about stereo equipment. Second time, I'd read about the scam and told them to fuck off. I also saw another guy talking to a soccer mom at a grocery store parking lot, then I saw her walk towards the ATM to get cash out and I interrupted her and let her know it was a scam. Guy was pissed and followed me out of the parking lot for a bit.

Better than being forcibly raped, against your will. I figured that was the goal in all of the van anecdotes.
Who knows what they would've done if you didn't give it up willingly, bro...

I actually did buy speakers from a guy in a white van. Good quality ones too. Had them for 5+ years.

Lol. They still are doing this huh? Happened to me about 16 years ago or so. My question is, how is it so scam? Obviously they are lying about how the acquired them, but if you do want them they do actually give em to you.

Yes, fell for it many times.

freecandy.jpg

I had it happen once but it wasn't a van, it was like a ford probe and the guy was trying to sell cologne that was "extra" from work or whatever...I don't fuck with perfume so I wasnt interested at all.

Back before I moved to Asia, there were guys selling flat screen tvs, nice plasma ones in a grocery store parking lot. Tu me out they were stolen from the public schools and were part of a big sting operation to catch dudes who had Been heisting shit.

Lots of people got busted either that one.

Brazzers. Not even once.
2313534-van.jpg

I drive a white van for work. These guys are giving us a bad name. Though I don't have any stolen goods to sell in my van

Back