you could honestly score it 50-45 DJ

Ya, not sure what happened to

“You have to beat the champ to be the champ”

If DJ got the respect that GSP or Anderson got, he would have won that decision.

Lower leg kicks that do no damage whatsoever should be scored 1/10th of a takedown. This is MMA, not some point scoring karate match! Not all leg kicks are equal!!! Quantity is nothing, Quality causing damage is everything.
Most of the lower leg kicks that scored for DJ were of the precious little damage type. Honestly, I am not certain that I would score every single lower leg kick that DJ landed on HC than I would any one of the leg kicks that Jose Aldo hit Uriah Faber with!!!
No opponent worries about a leg tap that does half the damage of when you accidentally bang legs dancing with your girlfriend. It is a serious problem that needs to be addressed. FFS, Takedowns are an MMA skill. Score it. Footsy is a bedtime skill, Score it only if the opposing footsy player does the nasty with you.

Have you ever taken a leg kick? That shit hurts. Cejudos whole leg went dead from one in the first round.

On the flip side, Cejudo landed takedowns but didn’t do any damage on top, nor did he threaten with submissions. He just held him there. His takedowns led to less damage than DJ’s leg kicks.

It was a close fight but Cejudo clearly won three rounds, albeit not as dominantly as Mouse won his two. The rubber match has to happen, agreed, but Mouse says he needs time off.

Cejudo is going to get better too and has only been doing MMA for 5 years, where as Mouse has been doing it for 15. Even if they run it back, the experience gap that Mouse had is going to get smaller and smaller.

'Athlete this and that is honestly to stupid to discuss'? Fa real? He is the only Olympic Gold medalist in the UFC and won gold as a teenage kid! You can mock that but it is some serious high level shit, and this past bout is evidence why everyone was saying he would dethrone Mouse. Everyone, myself included, forgot about him and wrote him off, but he proved himself in spades.
It can be said from both parties. Honestly the takedowns in my own opinion were worth nothing since Cejudo didn't really do much while on top besides literally hold DJ to the mat. On the flip, DJ didn't do much to win striking exchanges either. On paper he heavily outlanded him from what I saw, it seemed that way watching the fight too.

The athlete talk is old when it comes to this. Yes, you have to be active and athletic. Truthfully it means something, but you are pumping Cejudo up like just because he was an olympic wrestler at said level allowed him to just dominant the fight completely. When it was close, as we both know.

I never wrote Cejudo off completely for this fight. I thought DJ would win at least by decision. This fight was close though and I do have DJ for a rematch. He's been such a dominant champ and he can show a lot by coming back and winning the title. If Cejudo can shut him down there as well, then I guess we have a new king for the division.

Back