you could honestly score it 50-45 DJ

xMaxPower

Red Belt
Reaction score
just sayin'

there are no rounds where Cejudo definitively won.

Scoring a takedown is its own reward. Use that superior position to do something. Cejudo litterally just held him there.

In a fight Damage and sub attempts is what matters.

you know what happens with people when they judge fights?
Rd1: they score it for fighter A
Rd2: 50/50 round but ill give it to fighter B to make this fight more interesting
Rd3: they score it for fighter A
Rd4: 50/50 round but ill give it to fighter B to make this fight more interesting
Rd5: winner of this round wins the fight.

The fact that is DJ thats fighter A adds to it even more because one of the GOAT's is supposedly losing rounds. When one of the GOATs gets laid on, it makes it seem like an even bigger deal then it actually is because DJ is one of the goats and hes in bad position. But the reality is, Cejudo's position led to nothing, therefore should be counted for almost nothing.

DJ should have trained his wrestling more if he didn’t want to drop a decision to takedowns

Dj didn’t do shit to him either

You know who won this fight? The fans. I have it scored 50-45 with all 5 rounds going to the fans

There was absolutely nothing significant to that fight other than Cejudo's takedowns. The standup was very even with MM getting the slight advantage because of leg kicks.

Stop being salty, DJ lost. Get over it already.

Unless a person does a big slam or something, TD's are almost meaningless unless they lead to something significant.

I would score a hard punch over a TD if the person just holds them there doing nothing.

If it was anyone but MM who lost Sherdog would be up in arms, absolutely outraged that someone LnP’ed his way to a split decision victory where they did close to zero damage.

But because its MM Sherdog doesnt care

You could score any fight 50-45 for any fighter if you don't care about what happens in the cage

If it was anyone but MM who lost Sherdog would be up in arms, absolutely outraged that someone LnP’ed his way to a split decision victory where they did close to zero damage.

Pretty much. Full props to Cejudo for giving him a harder fight than anybody since Cruz, but mighty goat shouldn't be dethroned due to a couple contentious rounds of LnP

I gave Cejudy round 2 but just barely, the rest were up in the air

Had it 49-46 DJ. Giving Cejudo round 2 for getting chewed up for 4 minutes and getting top control for 1 is fucking asinine

There’s a better case of scoring it 50-45 for Cejudo

I scored it 49-46

Cejudo

Other than the gimp ankle first

He sealed 3 rounds with takedowns and I’d say he won all striking exchanges as most were Dj landing a leg kick and cejudo countering with a big right hand that would land on Dj mouse noggin and send him backwards

He controlled the octagon

Fought a beautiful fight

TJ Dillashaw says hello. He lost his belt via split decision and there was literally nothing about it because Sherdog hates TJ.

TJ would be going on his 8th consecutive title defense but alas, he's going on his 2nd instead.

You know who won this fight? The fans. I have it scored 50-45 with all 5 rounds going to the fans
Ha-Thats-cute.jpg

There was absolutely nothing significant to that fight other than Cejudo's takedowns. The standup was very even with MM getting the slight advantage because of leg kicks.

Stop being salty, DJ lost. Get over it already.

That's how I saw it.

I never like someone winning with only takedowns but when your stand up striking was only barely better, getting taken down and controlled will lose you the fight.

DJ was not effective enough while standing and ate some big shots himself and even dropped/slipped after getting hit.

Super close fight.

DJ should get a rematch but I do think he lost this contest by a hair.

Lower leg kicks that do no damage whatsoever should be scored 1/10th of a takedown. This is MMA, not some point scoring karate match! Not all leg kicks are equal!!! Quantity is nothing, Quality causing damage is everything.
Most of the lower leg kicks that scored for DJ were of the precious little damage type. Honestly, I am not certain that I would score every single lower leg kick that DJ landed on HC than I would any one of the leg kicks that Jose Aldo hit Uriah Faber with!!!
No opponent worries about a leg tap that does half the damage of when you accidentally bang legs dancing with your girlfriend. It is a serious problem that needs to be addressed. FFS, Takedowns are an MMA skill. Score it. Footsy is a bedtime skill, Score it only if the opposing footsy player does the nasty with you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThroughTheDakr
Back