'You cannot eat here': Hawaii café riles residents with ban on Trump voters

Didnt some republicans do this with cakes not too long ago ?

How did yall feel about that one ?

how did the left feel about it ? it seems they have one rule for themselves, and one for others. The fact homosexuals are a 'protected class' doesn't change the fact that Christian bakeries are forced to make cakes for people who's lifestyle and culture is forbidden by their belief system.

Doesn't this just ensure that Trump supporters WILL eat there?

Both are basically the justification for banning racial discrimination in the south with regard to conducting business, but like Loving vs Virginia with regard to gay marriage, they can be extrapolated to say that the commerce clause governs businesses nationwide and as a result can prohibit most forms of discrimination.

Green books were literally maps that black people had to use to point out places that were safe for us to go in the Jim Crow south (and the rest of US, to a certain lesser extent) . That's an oft forgotten piece of history that kinda drives home what exactly we're advocating. They were pretty surreal to see in person.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Negro_Motorist_Green_Book

Interesting, thanks for the info.

I just don't think legislation fixes anything. It just forces people to act like they don't think the way they do. I'd rather know how someone thinks than not, and then use that information to decide whether or not I'd patronize their establishment.

If a business can ban people due to voting for Trump, how about if you want to ban people who praise a pedophile warlord?

I see a lot of "MAGA" tips in this restaurant's future.

I thought refusal of service based on political views, race etc. is illegal in United States and its dominions?
Political affiliation isn't protected federally in the US. California, New York, and DC have laws protecting political affiliation at the state level. There are federal level laws protecting people with disabilities though.

They can do what they want but i doubt it is very smart from a business perspective to refuse taking peoples money.

Didnt some republicans do this with cakes not too long ago ?

How did yall feel about that one ?

What a truly, god awful analogy. And that's saying something considering this is Sherdog.

That looks like your typical liberal "we need to come together and heal through tolerance" directive.

Follow
Laci Green

✔@gogreen18

Regardless of the outcome, we are clearly a *deeply* divided and broken country. So much work ahead to mend, heal, and restore the U in USA.

11:15 PM - 8 Nov 2016 1,0881,088 Retweets 2,6492,649 likes

3 hours later.

Follow
Laci Green

✔@gogreen18

We are now under total Republican rule. Textbook fascism. Fuck you, white America. Fuck you, you racist, misogynist pieces of shit. G'night.

2:52 AM - 9 Nov 2016 4,7444,744 Retweets 9,4759,475 likes

So much for “tolerance.”
Have you seen the size of her tits tho?

If conservatives are fine with bakeries not serving homosexuals then why be upset about this place not serving Trump voters?

I mean it's a stupid thing really cuz how can you tell if someone voted for anyone? lol I guess the idea is to be mean and hope that Trump voters just go else where?

Also, fox news? More like fake news hurrdurr
Why can't both just be seen as wrong?

Liberals seem intent on creating some sort of half assed segregation. I don't really understand the agenda.

You're equating acceptance for people's sexual preferences with acceptance of political views?

No I am pointing out both sides pull this shit.

Personally I think its bad business and a tad silly

What I am comparing is people not wanting to serve others at thier place of business over silly personal reasons

Political affiliation isn't protected federally in the US. California, New York, and DC have laws protecting political affiliation at the state level. There are federal level laws protecting people with disabilities though.

So saying "You are denied cause you voted for Trump" is different from "You are denied cause you're a homosexual"? Double standard at best if true.

If the sign said no Trump voters, Gays or Jews, 85% of the war room would be confused. It would be like a snake eating it's tail.

My position on this is the same as with the Christian baker, it's their business and the market will sort it out. If their position is too extreme then no one will buy from the business.
I definitely would not be so rustled as to cry, grab a tub of Ben and Jerry's and make a post about it, but the average Trump Humper is whiny. They act like an entitled teenager and have to react to every perceived slight against their Dear Leader, no matter what actress, TV show or Hiawaain business, does the slight, they must pay with a post on Sherdog.

No Trump supporter would support Ben and Jerry's bro

If you are going to make shit up to cry about at least get it right

Back