You can thank Ariel.

I’m glad guys are being smart. Don’t cheat. You will lose.

Fouls happen dude.

but the standard IN THE FIGHT GAME used to be that guys would take the allotted time to recuperate then man the fu** up and continue but I guess going the Soccer route makes sense being how it’s so “smart” ... SMH

Fouls happen dude.

but the standard IN THE FIGHT GAME used to be that guys would take the allotted time to recuperate then man the fu** up and continue but I guess going the Soccer route makes sense being how it’s so “smart” ... SMH
Nah man. This is about MONEY. I want my win and my MONEY. Honor is for children and dead people

https://www.cnbc.com/2016/11/04/how-one-bay-area-janitor-made-276000-last-year.html
"How one Bay Area janitor made $276,000 last year".

I bet a lot of Sherdoggers here have the ability to do the same job as this janitor and would do it for $276,000 per year.

Helwani doesn't make funny jokes like a top comedian. He doesn't have any experience in a pro fight. He's not a coach. Some Sherdoggers can do his job for half the pay at $250,000.

It's the fighters who put their health on the line by sweating and bleeding.
It's the fighters who create content for entertainment.
Helwani doesn't deserve $500,000 if fighters are making $15,000-$50,000 to show up for a fight. They have sparring partners, gym fees, and travel fees to pay.

The fight last night was up for grabs when it went to the judges..Romanov could not have know he was going to get the win.

Hey guys! TS just outed himself as a Helwani nuthugger!
tenor.gif
<3>

The fight last night was up for grabs when it went to the judges..Romanov could not have know he was going to get the win.

Two judges had the fight 20-18 after 2, meaning Espino needed a finish in the third to win and a 10-8 for a draw.

You are right that Romanov didn't know that. But if he suspected he won the first two, and was completely gassed, then he had a strong incentive to refuse to continue.

romanov-vs-espino-scorecard-ufc-on-espn-22.jpg

Aljo, Romanov, etc

This is what you get when one of the most popular “journalists” covering the sport uses his platform to argue that Anthony Smith should have taken the DQ to win the Title against Bones.

View attachment 848479

He used to be the man ... damn shame.

Was he wrong? Smith is irrelevant and fighting for peanuts now.

Aljo, Romanov, etc

This is what you get when one of the most popular “journalists” covering the sport uses his platform to argue that Anthony Smith should have taken the DQ to win the Title against Bones.

View attachment 848479

He used to be the man ... damn shame.

Thinking back on the days when Helwani was actually relevant... Back in the Loretta Hunt days.

Romanov tried to ask the doctor what would happen if he quit

Fighters shouldn't game the rules to get lazy wins. Smith got praise for being a man.

Helwani was never the man. He's always been a clown who really just wants to report/commentate for pro wrestling, but the bar for entry was much lower and thus more attainable for a dork like him in MMA "journalism".

Honestly, it's at the point with Jones that everyone should milk the fouls. Eyepoke? Drop like Rumble against Burns. Groin shot? Yvel vs Wandy. If he starts losing points and fights, he'll magically stop the accidental fouls.

Back