You are the Universe and the Universe is you

No, it's not. But it is C12H16N2 which is what I am referring to. So, seeing as you maintain this is not what you refer to... What are you referring to?

I'm itching and ready to kick in with sources to support my claim that DMT is a naturally occurring compound readily obtained from botanical sources. I'm interested in seeing your arguments against Shulgin, for example. This will be grand.
Why do you suppose chemists go through the bother of making it, then?

...?

I mean, it's no different, right?

Why do you suppose chemists go through the bother of making it, then?

...?

I mean, it's no different, right?

If you've bought it on "the street" you've not bought synthed DMT anymore than you've ever had synthed mescaline. It can be done, but it isn't done viably for profit. Maybe you'd had it, but you wouldn't know it if you had or not most likely.

So here's some quotes which argue for that which you so vehemently deny...

"N,N-dimethyltryptamine, or DMT, is an illegal, psychedelic tryptamine compound found in the human body and at least ~60 species of plants worldwide. Rick Strassman, MD, described it as "the first endogenous human psychedelic" in DMT: The Spirit Molecule (2000), and in an interview in 2011 said that DMT "seems to actually be a necessary component of normal brain function." http://www.vice.com/read/dmt-you-cannot-imagine-a-stranger-drug-or-a-stranger-experience-365

http://www.neurosoup.com/dmt/dmt-plants/
https://psychonautwiki.org/wiki/DMT
https://erowid.org/chemicals/dmt/dmt.shtml
https://drugs-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8680
http://www.dmtsite.com/dmt/information/sources.html

Also, you claimed that "DMT isn't simply some of what's in it, in the same way that flour isn't a pan of brownies" which I can only presume is an ass-backwards interpretation of an ayahuasca brew...

Matey, nobody is synthing anything that can be produced without excessive bother via organic sources. The rate of return is absolutely terrible.

Even Terrence McKenna's famous reports were based on the very same A/B pull which I have referred to (in passing, based on what my neighbour's cat's teddy bear said in a dream) multiple times in this very thread.

If you've bought it on "the street" you've not bought synthed DMT anymore than you've ever had synthed mescaline. It can be done, but it isn't done viably for profit. Maybe you'd had it, but you wouldn't know it if you had or not most likely.

So here's some quotes which argue for that which you so vehemently deny...

"N,N-dimethyltryptamine, or DMT, is an illegal, psychedelic tryptamine compound found in the human body and at least ~60 species of plants worldwide. Rick Strassman, MD, described it as "the first endogenous human psychedelic" in DMT: The Spirit Molecule (2000), and in an interview in 2011 said that DMT "seems to actually be a necessary component of normal brain function." http://www.vice.com/read/dmt-you-cannot-imagine-a-stranger-drug-or-a-stranger-experience-365

http://www.neurosoup.com/dmt/dmt-plants/
https://psychonautwiki.org/wiki/DMT
https://erowid.org/chemicals/dmt/dmt.shtml
https://drugs-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8680
http://www.dmtsite.com/dmt/information/sources.html

Also, you claimed that "DMT isn't simply some of what's in it, in the same way that flour isn't a pan of brownies" which I can only presume is an ass-backwards interpretation of an ayahuasca brew...

Matey, nobody is synthing anything that can be produced without excessive bother via organic sources. The rate of return is absolutely terrible.
Sorry, but I've actually had DMT.
It's like nothing that occurs naturally.
It ain't like psilocybin, it ain't like peyote, it ain't like any brew or combination of anything.
I've never, ever had anything natural that comes even close.

It ain't like psilocybin, it ain't like peyote, it ain't like any brew or combination of anything.
I've never, ever had anything natural that comes even close.

Please quote where I claimed the experience was similar to any other psychedelic compound. Thanks.

Now please examine the sources I provided which prove DMT is obtained via organic sources, which you claimed was false. Thanks. Now present a coherent argument for your position.

Let's just come back to this part, actually.

It is like something that occurs naturally. It's like DMfuckingT, which occurs naturally. DMT occurs naturally. Not precursors to DMT, not components which can be processed into DMT (which would be precursors, naturally, but based on the discussion so far I'm not sure you'll grasp this concept so readily) it is DMT itself.

The reason Ayahuasca requires additional components (which seems to be possibly one source of your ignorant confusion) is because DMT is not orally active to the human metabolism without the presence of MAO inhibitors. However, pure DMT when A/b extracted into a "freebase" form is vaporisable and has an effect without the necessity for MAOIs.

DMT, son. Occurs, son. Naturally. Son.

flour isn't a pan of brownies

Awesome analogy, except now I HAVE to have brownies, you bastard.

All I have on the premises is white chocolate macadamia cookie dough.

And it's crappy outside.

What to do, what to do.

And it's crappy outside.

What to do, what to do.

Video is too damned fast.

At what point does he add the DMT?

dcereb.jpg

DMT is just another way for the gnomes to say hooray

And it's crappy outside.

What to do, what to do.
White
chocolate
I can't even type the words on the same line!

hmmmm.....so you say there is this universe and nothing else...but it just popped up without cause?
I'd say his source is science.

That dudes a dumb dumb and doesn't know the science behind what he's even talking about -
www.universetoday.com/48619/a-universe-of-10-dimensions/amp/?client=ms-android-verizon

Superstring theory posits that there are at least ten dimensions

and if this is proven wrong we will just add another dimension....welcome to string theory

You feel a part of you that isn't there when you're missing a limb because your brain is designed to allocate certain machinery to the functioning of that part, and already has in circumstances where a limb that otherwise developed normally was amputated.

On the other hand, it isn't designed to internalize extra parts like chairs (although you probably do get some kind of cortical "extension" for familiar objects that you use often, which is why they can come to feel like they're a part of you as you expertly use/operate them subconsciously). For the most part, the physiological feedback mechanisms just aren't there to drive that kind of neurological adaptation in a significant way.

I don't think this notion is going to take you very far - definitely not as far as the thread title implies.

Your end paragraph there is actually pretty good except that I'd categorize exploration as a subheading under survival. What you're really doing when you explore is preparing for future threats or opportunities. That realization seems to kind of expose the meaninglessness of the titular assertion though.

I haven't done DMT, at least not the brew or vaporized crystals, but reading people who've experienced with DMT, it appears the molecule somehow fools the mind into thinking that you extend beyond one head, two arms and two legs. One poster (@Overpressure) arguing on the second page could chime in and share his experience with the rest of us if he pleases.

I don't share the belief that the brain was designed for a specific purpose, it's the product of hundreds of thousands of years of evolution combined to the influence posed by things inherent to evolution itself. In other words the brain evolved enough to permit the elaboration of language and society, but the evolution of language and society themselves have allowed the brain to evolve in return. Evolution is a straight arrow and everything deviating from its boundaries cannot be. This arrow spanning over time carried with itself the idea or image that man has one head, two arms, a torso and two legs and claiming otherwise would be considered foolish, farfetched and downright crazy. From the looks of it this image can be manipulated via meditation or chemicals such as DMT. I can't tell you how and in what measure meditation does it, but I've experienced lucid dreams and according to neurologists it's then that DMT is produced in abundance. Now what does this have to do with projecting your sensory body beyond the common image. Ever looked at your hands whilst you dream? I have and they don't resemble hands. They are so blurry that you cannot distinguish them from whatever exists in the background. Sure, it's just a dream but this goes to show there might be a way to exist beyond your two hands. Funny thing, dreams are closer to objective reality as time loses its meaning and distinctions are harder to make.

You're right on the spot when you claim that exploration is a subheading under survival. They have to go in the same direction just like a country undergoing expansion builds walls (borders) after it acquired new ground. However it cannot build these borders unless it is convinced beyond the shadow of a doubt that there are no foreign enemies within. No one wants to surround themselves with walls ensuring that whatever is threatening your existence is trapped with you within those walls.

@Screwtape: I've listened to some conferences by Jaggi Vasudev and Jiddu Krishnamurti. Very interesting people. To be honest I haven't read much lately, I'm actively trying to wrap up Thus Spoke Zarathustra but it's a very hard read lol

Last edited:
I haven't done DMT, at least not the brew or vaporized crystals, but reading people who've experienced with DMT, it appears the molecule somehow fools the mind into thinking that you extend beyond one head, two arms and two legs. One poster (@Overpressure) arguing on the second page could chime in and share his experience with the rest of us if he pleases.

Self-identification is different from internalizing new appendages though. Tumours can fuck with the former, drugs can fuck with it, meditation probably can too. But that doesn't make those experiences any more than induced transient deviations from the norm - it certainly doesn't shed light on any metaphysical truths except that the human minds exists in a fragile balance.

It shouldn't be a surprise that the mechanisms that maintain complex psychological functions break down easily under the right conditions. They were only patched together well enough to get us by, after all.

I don't share the belief that the brain was designed for a specific purpose, it's the product of hundreds of thousands of years of evolution combined to the influence posed by things inherent to evolution itself.

That's too bad.

In other words the brain evolved enough to permit the elaboration of language and society, but the evolution of language and society themselves have allowed the brain to evolve in return.

This is compatible with evolution properly understood.

From the looks of it this image can be manipulated via meditation or chemicals such as DMT. I can't tell you how and in what measure meditation does it, but I've experienced lucid dreams and according to neurologists it's then that DMT is produced in abundance. Now what does this have to do with projecting your sensory body beyond the common image. Ever looked at your hands whilst you dream? I have and they don't resemble hands. They are so blurry that you cannot distinguish them from whatever exists in the background. Sure, it's just a dream but this goes to show there might be a way to exist beyond your two hands. Funny thing, dreams are closer to objective reality as time loses its meaning and distinctions are harder to make.

None of this is doing the work you need it to though. See above comment on transient deviations.

Projections of the sensory body also tend to maintain some (albeit imperfect) semblance of the physical form. The fact that you're considering your "hands" at all when you're projecting or lucid dreaming should tell you something.

Back