You are the Universe and the Universe is you

ScriptReadsMe

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
You are the Universe and the Universe is you. I first gained notion of this idea after a friend told me about DMT. Although a 'drug', your body itself produces some kind of DMT but in rather small quantities. They typically peak during lucid dreams and meditation.

Apparently DMT users experience the world as an extension of themselves. That is the recurring theme, but that's not all there is to it. They also describe meeting strange creatures and other colorful hallucinations. I suppose these could be some kind of side effects. Exogenous DMT obtained via plants may have a slightly different chemical structure than endogenous DMT. Similarly, exogenous cannabinoids (weed) have a slightly different structure than endogenous cannabinoid, resulting in a side effect that is the sensation of being 'high' (for some this may actually be main effect).

Now, for those of you who experienced with exogenous DMT (Ayahuasca et al.) how do you tell the main effect from the side effect? If DMT is supposed to make you experience the universe from another perspective and in the course of this trip you meet god, where does the main effect finish and where do the side effect begin? Is god part of the real experience or is he a side effect? I've wanted to try DMT so far but this critical question worries me.

Then I've looked into ways to increase endogenous DMT and found out that it may be possible via changes in the diet and meditation and ultimately yoga. Thus far I had a very narrow view of yoga, in my mind it was a hobby. I couldn't be more wrong. At least that's what Western yoga is. Someone reduced a rich and complete Eastern philosophy to nothing more than a recreational activity.

I can't say that I'm even vaguely familiar with yoga, but from what I gathered there could be an actual way of extending yourself beyond the body and its 5 senses. Let's pretend for a second that you've lost your right leg in a car accident. It is very likely that you will still feel sensations in your leg although it was amputated.

1. How is it possible, that you feel something as part of you although it's visibly not there?
2. Yet something that is indeed real, like the chair you sit on, never feels as part of you.
3. It's as if the mind created boundaries which limit your sensory body to one head, two arms and two legs.

Considering the last 3 points, a question arises. Can you push this boundary further and by what mechanism? Could you, for example, touch the chair and feel it as though it's part of you, like a limb if you wish?

From my limited understanding of yoga, there are 2 forces driving individuals. One is exploration and you can tell this from the fact that all our sensory organs are driven outwards. The second force can be summed up to survival. Now, how would one go about extending himself and feel the world as a continuation of him. Here is the inherent problem. You cannot, and it wouldn't make sense otherwise, expand beyond what your mind perceives as threatening to its existence. For example, a caveman cannot extend further than his cave because he recognizes that a saber-toothed cat may represent a threat. If he somehow manages to extend his sensory body to encompass the saber-tooth, he would lose the ability to identify the beast. Thus it's important for the mind to make a distinction between man and beast, because the latter may make an attempt at its self-preservation. Survival made it such that we divided the world into distinct objects in order to better spot threats. After all, not all the environment is threatening, therefore, the more distinctions you make, the more efficient you are in precisely telling where a threat might come from. On the other hand, if you see everything as one, everything becomes blurry and you cannot tell friend from foe, right?

I'd like to hear your thoughts on this!

We are all a particle of a being made up of many particles. Fear not! For there is an abundance of particles within you. You are, everything dear reader.

You are the Universe and the Universe is you. I first gained notion of this idea after a friend told me about DMT. Although a 'drug', your body itself produces some kind of DMT but in rather small quantities. They typically peak during lucid dreams and meditation.

Apparently DMT users experience the world as an extension of themselves. That is the recurring theme, but that's not all there is to it. They also describe meeting strange creatures and other colorful hallucinations. I suppose these could be some kind of side effects. Exogenous DMT obtained via plants may have a slightly different chemical structure than endogenous DMT. Similarly, exogenous cannabinoids (weed) have a slightly different structure than endogenous cannabinoid, resulting in a side effect that is the sensation of being 'high' (for some this may actually be main effect).

Now, for those of you who experienced with exogenous DMT (Ayahuasca et al.) how do you tell the main effect from the side effect? If DMT is supposed to make you experience the universe from another perspective and in the course of this trip you meet god, where does the main effect finish and where do the side effect begin? Is god part of the real experience or is he a side effect? I've wanted to try DMT so far but this critical question worries me.

Then I've looked into ways to increase endogenous DMT and found out that it may be possible via changes in the diet and meditation and ultimately yoga. Thus far I had a very narrow view of yoga, in my mind it was a hobby. I couldn't be more wrong. At least that's what Western yoga is. Someone reduced a rich and complete Eastern philosophy to nothing more than a recreational activity.

I can't say that I'm even vaguely familiar with yoga, but from what I gathered there could be an actual way of extending yourself beyond the body and its 5 senses. Let's pretend for a second that you've lost your right leg in a car accident. It is very likely that you will still feel sensations in your leg although it was amputated.

1. How is it possible, that you feel something as part of you although it's visibly not there?
2. Yet something that is indeed real, like the chair you sit on, never feels as part of you.
3. It's as if the mind created boundaries which limit your sensory body to one head, two arms and two legs.

Considering the last 3 points, a question arises. Can you push this boundary further and by what mechanism? Could you, for example, touch the chair and feel it as though it's part of you, like a limb if you wish?

From my limited understanding of yoga, there are 2 forces driving individuals. One is exploration and you can tell this from the fact that all our sensory organs are driven outwards. The second force can be summed up to survival. Now, how would one go about extending himself and feel the world as a continuation of him. Here is the inherent problem. You cannot, and it wouldn't make sense otherwise, expand beyond what your mind perceives as threatening to its existence. For example, a caveman cannot extend further than his cave because he recognizes that a saber-toothed cat may represent a threat. If he somehow manages to extend his sensory body to encompass the saber-tooth, he would lose the ability to identify the beast. Thus it's important for the mind to make a distinction between man and beast, because the latter may make an attempt at its self-preservation. Survival made it such that we divided the world into distinct objects in order to better spot threats. After all, not all the environment is threatening, therefore, the more distinctions you make, the more efficient you are in precisely telling where a threat might come from. On the other hand, if you see everything as one, everything becomes blurry and you cannot tell friend from foe, right?

I'd like to hear your thoughts on this!
tDNnwse.jpg

You feel a part of you that isn't there when you're missing a limb because your brain is designed to allocate certain machinery to the functioning of that part, and already has in circumstances where a limb that otherwise developed normally was amputated.

On the other hand, it isn't designed to internalize extra parts like chairs (although you probably do get some kind of cortical "extension" for familiar objects that you use often, which is why they can come to feel like they're a part of you as you expertly use/operate them subconsciously). For the most part, the physiological feedback mechanisms just aren't there to drive that kind of neurological adaptation in a significant way.

I don't think this notion is going to take you very far - definitely not as far as the thread title implies.

Your end paragraph there is actually pretty good except that I'd categorize exploration as a subheading under survival. What you're really doing when you explore is preparing for future threats or opportunities. That realization seems to kind of expose the meaninglessness of the titular assertion though.

Last edited:
You are the universe, and the universe is you. So that means you are one with nature, animals, the Earth... the stars in the sky... the Dalai Lama... a homeless guy's ass, as he shits himself in the street... and that rapist in Cleveland, who kept people in his basement for years, and later hung himself in prison. Yay, oneness.

Theres way more to existence than the one universe we inhabit. An infinite amount of dimensions where the difference between one and the other could be as minuscule as a single extra atom and they branch off infinitely from each smallest measure of time. Time itself merely the movement and reallotment of matter. No matter, no motion means no time. Havent tried DMT myself but heard its intense. An experience of infinity within fifteen minutes.

Sounds like youve done hallucinogens before TS so ya probably already question realities reality. Expect DMT to amplify those feelings. Thought and spirituality are interesting because theyre seperate from nearly everything else we perceive as real. Now Im rambling and need to sort out this wackiness in my dome, have a nice trip.

Well definitely not science yet, but lets let science evolve to something better than"ooh ooh fire, ooh ooh it hurts." The answer to the old question of what lies beyond the universe seems to me to quite reasonably be more universes. Source: I suppose my unreliable, unverifiable gut.

You are the universe, and the universe is you. So that means you are one with nature, animals, the Earth... the stars in the sky... the Dalai Lama... a homeless guy's ass, as he shits himself in the street... and that rapist in Cleveland, who kept people in his basement for years, and later hung himself in prison. Yay, oneness.
This post randomly reminds me of a fucked up "Would You Rather" I heard recently

Would you rather:

A) Have AIDS
OR
B) Lick out a bum's asshole

Since two of the key ingredients in dimethyltriptamine are controlled, I very much doubt anyone who says they've recently taken it.
Haven't heard about any legit DMT in a couple of decades.

Since two of the key ingredients in dimethyltriptamine are controlled, I very much doubt anyone who says they've recently taken it.
Haven't heard about any legit DMT in a couple of decades.

There are quite a few botanical sources of pure dimethyltriptamine which can be grown without suspicion and are not controlled in any way, shape or form. Certain of these species are relatively common in the wild if one knows what to look for. One need simply either perform a basic (pun intended) A/B extraction for a vaporisable product or brew and combine with syrian rue or another MAOI for an oral ingestion.

SWIM's neighbour's cat told him in a fictitious dream and all that, naturally. None of the above is remotely true as far as I know, but then again I wouldn't know.

There are quite a few botanical sources of pure dimethyltriptamine which can be grown without suspicion and are not controlled in any way, shape or form. Certain of these species are relatively common in the wild if one knows what to look for. One need simply either perform a basic (pun intended) A/B extraction for a vaporisable product or brew and combine with syrian rue or another MAOI for an oral ingestion.

SWIM's neighbour's cat told him in a fictitious dream and all that, naturally. None of the above is remotely true as far as I know, but then again I wouldn't know.
Nope.. If you've ever had it, nothing grown naturally is a substitute.
Ffs, it doesn't matter whether your eyes are open or closed during the half hour it affects you. You see the same things.
Let that sink in.

Nothing occuring naturally reproduces it, trust someone who's tried it all

Nope.. If you've ever had it, nothing grown naturally is a substitute.
Ffs, it doesn't matter whether your eyes are open or closed during the half hour it affects you. You see the same things.
Let that sink in.

Nothing occuring naturally reproduces it, trust someone who's tried it all

Um... Are you a fucking idiot, or what??

Nothing grown naturally is a substitute? You're aware the original source of DMT was within the Ayahuasca brew, which is prepared (shock, horror) in the manner I referred to above...?? And the A/B extraction I refer to doesn't produce a substitute but rather extracts DMT into a vaporisable form from the botanical sources in which it is found...

It's not a synthetic product, it is an organic compound which is naturally produced by several different botanical sources.

Um... Are you a fucking idiot, or what??

Nothing grown naturally is a substitute? You're aware the original source of DMT was within the Ayahuasca brew, which is prepared (shock, horror) in the manner I referred to above...?? And the A/B extraction I refer to doesn't produce a substitute but rather extracts DMT into a vaporisable form from the botanical sources in which it is found...

It's not a synthetic product, it is an organic compound which is naturally produced by several different botanical sources.
DMT isn't simply some of what's in it, in the same way that flour isn't a pan of brownies
Fucking idiot

DMT isn't simply some of what's in it, in the same way that flour isn't a pan of brownies
Fucking idiot

No, it's not. But it is C12H16N2 which is what I am referring to. So, seeing as you maintain this is not what you refer to... What are you referring to?

I'm itching and ready to kick in with sources to support my claim that DMT is a naturally occurring compound readily obtained from botanical sources. I'm interested in seeing your arguments against Shulgin, for example. This will be grand.

Carl Sagan said "we are a way for the universe to think about itself"

We are the universes' narcassim

Back