you are a sexist if you dont watch WMMA

wmma is like watching amateur male MMA.

It doesn't deserve a spot in the biggest promotion worldwide.

As a former matchmaker for Tuff-N-Uff and watcher of WMMA, I disagree. Both that top amateur shouldn't get a spotlight, but also that women are equal. Neither is correct.

The biggest difference being they don't have WNBA games on the same broadcast as NBA games. Not to mention that in the WNBA, the basket is still 10 feet and the court is just as large as the men's games. In WMMA, the women are competing against each other only, and not also a 10 ft rim, which most women can't reach to dunk on. There is a fundamental difference between the two to say the least, which is why this entire analogy is stupid.

so women compete with men in NBA?

I think the people who are sexist are probably few and far between. I mean, they are probably there. They probably just haven't seen anything to make them want to yet. Same with anything.

Remember when people would say they don't like anything under 170?
Don't like anything under 170 but Penn.
Don't like anything under 170 but Penn, Sanchez, and Florian.
Don't like anything under 170 but Penn, Sanchez, Florian, Maynard, Edgar, Stout, Fisher, etc.
Don't like anything under 155 but Faber.
Don't like anything under 155 but Faber and Aldo.
Don't like anything under 155 but Faber, Aldo, and Korean Zombie.
Don't like anything under 155 but Faber, Aldo, Zombie, Swanson, Poirier, etc.
Don't like anything under 145 but Faber and Cruz.
Don't like anything under 145 but Faber, Cruz, Barao, McDonald, Pickett, Wineland, Rivera, and Easton, etc.
Don't like anything under 135 but McCall.
Dont' like anything under 135 but McCall and Mighty Mouse.
Don't like anything under 135 but McCall, Mighty Mouse, Benavidez, Dodson, Lineker, Horiguchi, Smolka, Scoggins, etc.

No different with women.
I don't like any but Cyborg.
I don't like any but Cyborg and Ronda.
I don't like any but Cyborg, Rousey, and Tate.
I don't like any but Cyborg, Rousey, Tate, and Waterson.
I don't like any but Cyborg, Rousey, Tate, Waterson, Jedrzejczyk, Zingano, etc.

There might be fighters out there they would enjoy, but they might have just not seen them yet. They don't watch it because they say they don't like it. But they don't like it because they haven't really watched it.

But you have some people who just don't want to like it, even if they would. Like when people said they didn't like flyweights because they just bounce around for 15 or 25 minutes and they can't finish each other. Then when you show them a bunch of submissions, they say they mean with strikes. They can't hit hard enough to finish. Then you show them TKOs. Then they say they mean actual knock outs, out cold. Then you show them KOs. Then they say it's just because they are so small they can't take a punch. Really, they are reaching for reasons not to like it. But if a lot of their reasons aren't real reasons at all, maybe they would actually like the product.

boxing is not MMA

What insight! Such clarity of thought has never been seen before!

it's a different style of fighting where size and strength matter.

I'm not sure in which of the two you do not think that size and strength matters, but you are wrong in either case.

Watching 125lb men fight is not a natural to most people

Well, therein lies the rub: those who watch boxing or MMA are not 'most people' to begin with.

"I watch medium sized and big men beat each other up for money, and that's completely normal. However, you like watching small men beat each other up for money, and that makes you a freak."

Last edited:
I love basketball watch NBA all the time and some college basketball but you couldn't pay me to watch WNBA does that make me sexist??? P.S. I watch a lot of wmma and am a big fan of it

Yes. Rebeca lobo>Hakeem Olajuwan

It doesn't make you sexist not to watch WMMA.

Just insecure and/or sexually repressed.

You're not a sexist if you don't watch "wmma". Now if you find yourself with a strange and obsessive compulsion to make threads about not watching it and make negative posts about how terrible it is in every thread where it's discussed while still professing not to watch it...

i was gonna make a serious reply but then TS was outed as a crazy person and now i dont feel like it anymore

women suck at fighting, that is all. Their boxing, their kicking, their grappling....99 percent of them have a low level of skills compared to professional male fighters.

Ronda is the only woman that is way ahead of the rest, and i cringe everytime i see her striking. Her defense, footwork and overall boxing is awful. And yet she manages to ko other women lol.

The biggest difference being they don't have WNBA games on the same broadcast as NBA games. Not to mention that in the WNBA, the basket is still 10 feet and the court is just as large as the men's games. In WMMA, the women are competing against each other only, and not also a 10 ft rim, which most women can't reach to dunk on. There is a fundamental difference between the two to say the least, which is why this entire analogy is stupid.

Spud Webb

5'7"
NBA slam dunk champ
spud-webb.jpg

It depends on the reason you don't watch WMMA.

If you don't watch WMMA because you feel the division is shallow or you feel the skill level is low, or you prefer to watch super strong athletic freaks Jon Jones then you're not a sexist.

Heck, some guys only want to watch the NBA and Lebron James yet find the Spurs boring. That's fine.

If you don't watch WMMA because you think women shouldn't be allowed to fight, then sorry you're a sexist. If you're okay with two consenting men hitting each other in the face but not okay with two consenting women hitting each other in the face, that's the definition of a double standard.

However, it's a free country. Everyone is entitled to their beliefs and even if I personally think some people's beliefs are idiotic, they have the right to hold them. Just stop trying to impose those beliefs on everyone else or pretend that you're speaking for everyone else when those beliefs result in impinging upon the rights and freedoms of someone else.

Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. If hitting each other in the face makes two women happy, then who am I to argue with it?

I watch what I want when I want , after all I am a man.

Pseudo men letting these women control you what to watch and like is not natural and weak.

Its just opposite. You are sexist if you watch wmma because only sexist would watch inferior fighters that are all woman (based on power, speed, skill ....) in ufc compared to their male counterparts. Decision based on the sex makes you sexist. And strictly speaking all women divisions are also created by sexists. Men and women should be merged.

So you think people that watch NBA but not WNBA are insecure or sexually repressed?

I don't see them as the same thing. The NBA and WNBA are two different products to me. Like, two ENTIRELY differently products.

WMMA and MMA are both MMA to me, and offered as part of the same product.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NiTrok
Back