You all do realize Chael will be retired by Jones right?

Sonnen has faced Anderson for 7 rounds.....5 of those rounds went the full time, and Sonnen won them all 10-8.

Didn't realize that was getting trashed.

I'd actually like to see Jones go into this fight with a steely determination to hospitalize Sonnen. If ANYONE needs humbling it's him.

Well whatever that 185'er says is wrong.

Jones would smash silva bro

This is flawed. They are not the same size. If Silva were the larger man he'd demolish Jones right now IMO. Future prime Jones v Prime Silva in a virtual P4P contest will be an interesting debate when that time comes. Saying Jones would whoop Silva isn't a fact and them fighting is't really an even way to claim GOAT status.

Sonnen will not be retired by Jones....he will be smashed thoroughly though.

the only way to permanently defeat chael is to wire his mouth shut - if you dont go that far, he might be heading to the HW division for an instant title shot after this one

YOu mean to unify the title because he is the BEST DAMN THING GOING TODAY!

Yes, Chael will definitely be absolutely outclassed and embarassed in this fight, but he still has a lot of winnable fights after this at 205.

Too bad his health is in shambles from abusing steroids. He'll have to use that for the rest of his life.

Shambles??? Odd... sure does put on competitive fights for a guy whose health is in "shambles".

retired huh bwahahahaha go lick jones nuts some more. Atleast Sonnen is a likeable guy and dont turn down fights. He may not win but hes alot cooler and more well liked than bones.

Sonnen a likeable guy?

Maybe to racist and xenophobic white guys who spend their free time lighting their own farts on fire and throwing rocks at cars...

But to the rest of us Sonnen is pretty much what's wrong with the sport. All he does is lay on top of a guy, but because he can run his mouth idiot WWE fans think he's exciting.

Plus he's always getting busted for steroids. He's a cheater.

i think this fight might be more competitive than most think. could last a couple rounds even

lol you're gonna have to hear from Sonnen for days to come TS he's already setting up his next high profile matchup with Rampage on twitter

At 240 lbs he can't make a cut to 185 anymore, and he already got trashed by Anderson twice anyway, so now he's headed up to 205 to fight the 25 year old phenomen and the greatest fighter MMA has ever seen.

What will happen to the Sonnen fans when April rolls around and whatever's left of him announces he's retiring after Jones takes him out?

He will fight for the HW title after he loses to Jones. Is that too hard to understand?

In regard to Chael vs Jones, it doesn't. And thats what we're talking about.

Hunh?

So Sonnen got the title shot against Jones because of him wrecking the MW division then the LHW division.........

.....or....

...because Sonnen has a fricking mouth on him that will put asses in seats and get PPV buys?

Hunh?

So Sonnen got the title shot against Jones because of him wrecking the MW division then the LHW division.........

.....or....

...because Sonnen has a fricking mouth on him that will put asses in seats and get PPV buys?

Chael earned his shot just like everyone else.

Chael is too good at talking on camera to "retire" from the UFC. If you mean move on, then I agree.

It's a joke he is fighting Jon Jones btw. Strangest match-up fopr a title in the history of the UFC. A guy with a poor record at 205 in his career coming off a loss at 185? WOW.

Hunh?

.....or....

Thats not what I meant. I meant Sonnen's supposed popularity will have no bearing on the outcome of the fight.

The guy I originally replied to was comparing Sonnen and Jones and basically saying Sonnen was "cooler" and "more well liked" and I said "too bad MMA is not a personality contest".

You're trying too hard to make a point where one doesn't exist.

At 240 lbs he can't make a cut to 185 anymore, and he already got trashed by Anderson twice anyway, so now he's headed up to 205 to fight the 25 year old phenomen and the greatest fighter MMA has ever seen.

What will happen to the Sonnen fans when April rolls around and whatever's left of him announces he's retiring after Jones takes him out?

so you do or don't like sonnen?Are you the last Jones nuthugger left in the world?

Sonnen is already marketing a fight with Rampage, a very easy win for Sonnen too, so no I dont think he will retire if he loses to Jones

Back