Yokkao Matrix 14oz Muay Thai Gloves

Championstuff

Brown Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
I wanted to do a review of some new gloves that I recently purchased. I had purchased a pair of Fairtex bgv9’s, and though they were excellent gloves, they went too far up my forearm and were not comfortable for me, so I sold them and with the money bought a pair of Yokkao Matrix gloves in 14oz.

2q0rq84.jpg

These are the first gloves I’ve ever owned in 14oz.

My first impressions of these gloves were that they are very well made (as with almost all Thai brands). The leather is very nice and the logo stamp and wrist patch are very nicely done and are rather striking in appearance.

Upon putting on the gloves, I found the hand compartment to be very snug. I was used to Fairtex Bgv1’s with a wide pocket. I thought that the thumb was going to be too tight. After five training sessions, with many rounds on the heavy bag they have stretched to fit my thumb perfectly.

hsux6t.jpg

34gk2hc.jpg

Here is the glove next to a Fairtex Bgv1 16oz for comparison.

33pge84.jpg

I found the padding to be between a Fairtex Bgv1 and a Twins Special bgvl 3. The padding is not ballooney like a twins, but not super compact like the Fairtex. I found that the padding was comfortable with just the right amount of padding dispersed between the knuckles and back of hand.

I am admittedly a Fairtex fan. I love the bgv1’s and recommend them to everyone that is looking into getting new Thai gloves, but after using these for the past couple weeks I would also recommend them as well.

I really like these gloves and want to give them more rounds in training, but as of right now I would give these gloves a solid 7/10, below I will do pros and cons to outline this score:

Pros:

Very well made
Excellent stitching
Good padding
Excellent wrist support

Cons:

Uncomfortable thumb construction (stretched over time)
Very snug hand compartment (got used to it and prefer it, others may find it too snug though)

If you are looking for a good glove that isn’t too compact and isn’t too large, the Matrix is a very good option.

For scale, I am 6’1” 200 pounds with slender hands and wrists.

I also wanted to add that Yokkao products are rather expensive, and they sponsor some very high profile fighters, and it may attract people to the brand for that reason. I didn’t know of the fighters sponsored until after I bought the gloves.

A lot of the equipment has cartoonish and garish designs that some may really enjoy, but they are not really to my liking.

Dude sorry but those gloves are kind of overpriced for 90 dollars. You could have gotten some really nice twins gloves for 60 bucks. I hate how yokkao thinks that it is ok to overcharge just because they have graphic designs.

Dude sorry but those gloves are kind of overpriced for 90 dollars. You could have gotten some really nice twins gloves for 60 bucks. I hate how yokkao thinks that it is ok to overcharge just because they have graphic designs.
I had to re-read the review to see if I had posted how much I had paid for them, luckily I didn’t pay anywhere near full price or else I wouldn’t have gotten them. I paid about $70 including shipping, so probably sixty dollars.

The Death Stars are a little fat, the Death adders are more slender

After a Month hows the Leather looking? And the padding?

They look like a copy of the Twins Bgvl3

89622646-2811-4181-A4AD-64F835B7ACBC.png

I had to re-read the review to see if I had posted how much I had paid for them, luckily I didn’t pay anywhere near full price or else I wouldn’t have gotten them. I paid about $70 including shipping, so probably sixty dollars.
Oh ok, 70 is a good price for a quality gloves. You got a really good deal.

Oh ok, 70 is a good price for a quality gloves. You got a really good deal.
Yeah man there is no way I would pay full price for these. Don’t get me wrong, these are high quality, but for the money there are other options that are just as good.

Back