YOKKAO 7: Saenchai vs Victor Nagbe Full-HD

If I ever throw in the towel and decide to tune out, Vinny Shoremam will most certainly be coming out of my speakers. That voice would give me the extra push to actually do it.

Wonder what both guys weighed the day of the fight. Saenchai looked tiny compared to Nagbe.

Pretty uneventful fight but thanks for the upload regardless.

imagine being there live and first having to sit through a 5 minute ram muay/wai kru or whatever the hell they call it and than a snoozefest........a bit of a waste of time. thank god I can skip through that

but saenchai is impressive nonetheless.....often fighting bigger and younger opponents and hardly ever being in trouble, respect for that

imagine being there live and first having to sit through a 5 minute ram muay/wai kru or whatever the hell they call it and than a snoozefest........a bit of a waste of time. thank god I can skip through that

but saenchai is impressive nonetheless.....often fighting bigger and younger opponents and hardly ever being in trouble, respect for that

You must be a very impatient person if sitting through a wai khru is such a drag for you.

You must be a very impatient person if sitting through a wai khru is such a drag for you.

no I want to see fights and not a ritualistic dance.

I think it looks stupid as well......I understand it if fighters want to do it, but as a VIEWER I don't want to look at a stupid dance.

But that's offtopic a bit.....boring fight but it was clear that saenchai was much smaller and never ate anything big.....scored some nice things but boring fight nonetheless

Many fighters like Namsaknoi or Sakad have really beautiful wai kru though.
Buakaw is also really good at it.
Anyway, just like Haka it's their tradition and saying it is stupid is disrespectful.
Also, it is supposed to help stretch your body pre fight.

The wia ku is mainly for the fighters to warm up not for you. It takes about the same time as a ring walk with crappy music and big intro from bruce buffer. Plus when you are actually sat there it's fine and can be quite entertaining and beautiful at times. The fight was boring though unfortunately but that can happen.

At the end of the day forget the wai kru it's all about the fights. A promotion won't live or die on the wai kru it will live or die on it's fights.

Last edited:
Props to Saenchao on landing that cartwheel kick hella clean tho. Love those Brazillian-esqe head kicks he throws too.

Looking forward to see more victor nagbe fights

Not a big fan of Nagbe, props to Saenchai.

Back