YOKKAO 10 and YOKKAO 11

Discussion in 'Muay Thai and Kickboxing' started by muaythaicombat, May 13, 2014.

1. Yodsanan

Yodsanan K'FESTA.1

I'm half thai to be fair, but that doesn't mean you can't talk about nak muays and farangs even though you're a white guy.

Don't many dutch fighters don't say OSU at the end of there training and interviews? Doesn't mean they're wannabe japanese.

they can't go full blast because the level of fighting is arguably higher in the stadium then it is in thai fight. never thought I have to say something that obvious.

(Mostly) easier fights, more money, international fame. Who wouldn't say yes?

Last edited: Jun 30, 2014
  2. CPH

CPH Let's party

Brocktirement should have been banned long ago. But no: for some reason, this site really needs trolls like him, so 'stirring up shit' (the very essence of trolling) is absent in Sherdog's own super special definition of the term.

3. DastardlyMass

DastardlyMass Brown Belt

Here is pakorn vs kongsak so you can familiarize yourself with both in one fight

4. Brocktirement**

Brocktirement** Banned Banned

liam lost alot lately, against heavy competition

he's probably gonna lose again but I'd rather see him win against that kongsak guy

5. DastardlyMass

DastardlyMass Brown Belt

No he does not need to be banned! he has his points even thou they are becoming few are far between lately

6. Brocktirement**

Brocktirement** Banned Banned

I'm not a troll

7. CPH

CPH Let's party

70% troll is still a troll. Anyway I'm done here. His behavior is tolerated and whatever I have to say about it will change nothing.

8. nakmuayw

nakmuayw Orange Belt

I'm very aware that I am a falang. Does this bother me? Not at all.

Anyways, Kongsak will probably not play around seeing his opponent is Liam... That will be great, but I'm having this feeling we'll not see this fight until May 2015 or something like that.

Please Yokkao, get a PPV/livestream

9. Harukaze

Harukaze Brown Belt

You're a moron. The etymological root of the Thai word "farang" comes from "farangi", the Persian word for "foreigner", a term brought to Siam in the 1500s by Persian traders (predating European arrival to Ayutthaya). Conjugates of the Persian word "farangi" are used all over the world, from Malaysia to Samoa. "Started during the Vietnam War" my ass, that's the stupidest theory I've ever heard.

On top of that, have you ever even been to Thailand? "Farang" is pretty common usage word; getting butthurt about it is like getting butthurt over the word "gaijin" in Japan. Sure, you can use it in an insulting way ("farang kee nok" or whatnot), but "farang" itself is just vernacular.

LOL, Kongsak at 143 -- never thought I'd hear that name at that weight haha.

You claimed to be a Muay Thai fan in a past post, yet you've never heard of Kongsak. That's as ridiculous as a self-proclaimed football fan having never heard of Neymar.

10. anorak

anorak Brown Belt

No your a genuine guy with a few minor mental issues regarding t.v broadcasting camera angles and midgets and a rare as yet unnamed phobia for the smell of cat piss

11. kwankaodaddy

kwankaodaddy Orange Belt

"Farang" mean "the foreigner from western" Thai people use this word to call the westerner since the King Narai period 500 years ago. This word doesn't mean any offence. It's like you call Asian people "Asian guys" because you don't know where's they from.

12. Snubnoze707

Snubnoze707 High Level

LOL @ Perm123's manufactured outrage based on complete lack of information. Typical.

13. Snubnoze707

Snubnoze707 High Level

That's an accurate accessment. I'd like to tack on a few additional qualities but I'm currently being censored by the mods.

14. Pem123

Pem123 Red Belt

i can show you many sources that stated Farang is specific to European ancestry people. http://www.into-asia.com/thai_language/farang.php i have a friend from Thai that will tell you that too. and dont tell me malay people uses it, because i for sure know we dont use that words.

its has all the criteira to become racial slur, yet it isnt. well when you racially attacking caucasian, who the hell care right ? but don't you dare touch the illegal immigrant minorities

15. Pem123

Pem123 Red Belt

of course there are many theory on where that word are coming, but i think i trust Edmund Roberts American diplomats over some guy on sherdog.

i could be wrong though

16. Snubnoze707

Snubnoze707 High Level

Oh I see it's one of those reverse racism scenarios. Tremendous. Your posts just get better and better.

17. Pem123

Pem123 Red Belt

like i said it is your right, but it just seems unfair to me.

18. Pem123

Pem123 Red Belt

like i said, i've seen few words with less racial slur value in it that become racial slur. this should be too

19. Snubnoze707

Snubnoze707 High Level

You said it yourself. End of discussion.

20. Pem123

Pem123 Red Belt

and i also said it should be, and for me it is. but for some people it isn't which make me really upset sometimes