Yogurt!

InTheFace

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I recently added yogurt to my diet and after only having it a few times my entire life, Ive really taken a liking to it. So far all i have had is the dannon fruit at the bottom. It has alot of sugar, 25ish grams and i don't care much for the whole pieces of fruit in it. I had a friend recommend me some organic stuff but because of where i live i cant get my hands on it. After alot of searching i cant really get a straight answer on whats best for you health wise, recommend me something please? thanks

If you don't like the pieces of fruit, then why don't you just get plain yogurt and throw in some granola or something?

Plain yogurt is great, I love it. Anything else you buy in a store is probably garbage, since usually flavored yogurt is essentially yogurt+a crapload of HFCS or other sugar. Get plain and add protein powder, nut butters, fruit, cinnamon, cocoa, and or other ingredients to your liking.

Plain yogurt is great, I love it. Anything else you buy in a store is probably garbage, since usually flavored yogurt is essentially yogurt+a crapload of HFCS or other sugar. Get plain and add protein powder, nut butters, fruit, cinnamon, cocoa, and or other ingredients to your liking.

Thanks, i haven't heard cinnamon before that sounds tasty.

I like plain yogurt with fresh blueberries. If you want to sweeten it up a little, use a little real maple syrup.

Put honey and fruits in it to make it sweet, forget about yogurt with sugar alrady in it. Also plain cocoa powder with honey tastes good.

Honey and maple syrup are little more than sugar by other names. I'm not "judging" you if you want to add sugar to your yogurt, just don't fool yourself into thinking you're being healthy by using honey, agave nectar, or whatever the new "in" sugar is.

Try skyr also, a variety from Iceland that is even thicker than greek. I dig it, plus it works awesome in shakes.

It's also grass-fed, correct?

Traditionally its supposed to be, raw as well. I get a brand called Siggi's, which is from local grass fed dairies in the northeast, as far as I've been able to tell.

Traditionally its supposed to be, raw as well. I get a brand called Siggi's, which is from local grass fed dairies in the northeast, as far as I've been able to tell.

That's what I was thinking of. Siggi's. I mistook Skyr for the brand.

That's what I was thinking of. Siggi's. I mistook Skyr for the brand.

Yeah I've seen other brands, some of the packaging is funny. You can sort of tell which are packaged over-seas for their local markets and shipped here by the graphics and style of the lettering.

My local whole foods carries a couple varieties, Siggi's I think is the best on the market based on what I've been able to find, and if memory serves it's produced in up-state NY.

Plain Greek yogurt + a little stevia + cinnamon is pretty darn good.

thanks for all the help guys, i cant get siggi's here without driving like 40 miles :(

thanks for all the help guys, i cant get siggi's here without driving like 40 miles :(

How did you find this out? From their website? If so you may want to try and check local Whole Foods type stores anyway. Not all companies keep an as detailed retailer list as you'd think.

But as the retarded-noob, immovablestone said. There are other brands, and while they may not be as good, you may be able to find some good ones around you. And as X said, plain yogurt with nothing add is always a good item. There is a lot you can add if you don't like the taste of it by itself.

But as the retarded-noob, immovablestone said.

crying_emo.jpg

I'm pretty sure it's more like the domestic violence one. With the girl in the corner and the guys fist infront. Dishes. Do them.

It was a toss-up between the weeping emo girl, and this:

dawson-crying.jpg

Weeping emo girl won out.

I love sour cream, but now I use plain yogurt in place of it on stuff like nachos and in things like tortilla soup. I also put a cup of it in my shakes sometimes for extra calories and depth. I have to be careful though, because I've noticed that a lot of the full fat stuff has trans-fat in it which is appalling to me. I've noticed the same with whole milk here too unless it is goats milk which I have yet to try. I have no idea where to get grass fed stuff around here since raw milk is illegal in Ontario as far as I know, and I haven't hit up any dairy farmers yet to see if they'd be willing to sell it to me on the QT. I've also heard that grass fed is a scam just like organic is and that it's basically the same thing with a different name. I'm not sure what to believe anymore. All I know is that the organic milk & yogurt had trans-fat in it too, so now...I'm not on the organic bandwagon anymore. Especially for the price difference.

Back