Yoel Romero's destruction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mortal Wombat

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I dont think there has been anyone to top the Cuban in sheer destruction of fighters. Not just the way he finishes but the aftermath.

Start with Tim Kennedy, yes controversial but brutal finish and Tim hasn't been finished in that way and didn't win again and is now retired.
giphy.gif

Derek Brunson didn't fight for another 8 months and was most likely pissing blood for weeks after those elbows. Also been Ko'd 3 times after.
giphy.gif

Clifford Starks gets kneed to Bellator
tumblr_nqifafECJV1tugoyjo2_400.gif

Ronny Markes had never been Kod and was 14-1. After Yoel he went 4-5 and sent from the UFC
10002658.jpg

Machida had only been Ko'd once before by Shogun and then after these brutal hellbows, I dont think he would have usually been Ko'd by Brunson straight after if it weren't for Yoel
tumblr_nqn1d0EJWI1rofocqo1_500.gif

Weidman suffered one of the most sickening knees in the sports history. He was Tko'd by Luke but that was over a long period of strikes. After this Chris's eye is permanently fuct
WelcomeMinorIrishsetter-size_restricted.gif

Finally he completely Fatality'd Luke Rockhold. He kissed him after prison style and Luke hasn't fought in a year and left the weight class. Future uncertain
cr27L77.gif

Plus he fuct Whittakers knee and broke his hand. No one seems to be the same after fighting him. Thats why you should be respecting Robert Whittaker. He is the only one to damage him with a broken orbital. And Yoel didn't even flinch.

EDIT: Dont know if he had anything to do with Robs hernia but the pattern continues.

Ladies and Gentlemen, The Soldier of God!

Last edited:
He's just a jacked up Cuban boy. Deal with it.

This is the one guy everyone from MW to LHW, dont want to face currently.

He's a nightmare for nearly everyone outside of Jones and Gus.

Let's make Yoel Romero versus Brock Lesnar at HW, no USADA. 3 rounds.

This is the one guy everyone from MW to LHW, dont want to face currently.

He's a nightmare for nearly everyone outside of Jones and Gus.

(Not that I wouldn't watch him going against those two.)

5_Anthony_Johnson_vs._D.J._Linderman_2.gif

tenor.gif

1.gif

tumblr_nu8soxZnuD1tugoyjo1_400.gif

PerkyPastAfricancivet.gif

PrestigiousSlushyCrossbill.gif

Johnson2.gif

anthony_johnson_tommy_speer.gif

Last edited:
He is a specimen for sure

yoel-romero-open-workouts-video.jpg

And probably a lot of Sherdoggers wet dream also.

I also like him for being PC-incorrect. So many gentle rustlings carried over by the wind...

I might be putting myself up for retard post of the day, but aren't 12-6 elbows illegal, or just in certain positions? Because the elbows he's hitting Derreck Brunson with look like 12-6.

I'm honestly not sure.

I dont think there has been anyone to top the Cuban in sheer destruction of fighters. Not just the way he finishes but the aftermath.

Start with Tim Kennedy, yes controversial but brutal finish and Tim hasn't been finished in that way and didn't win again and is now retired.
giphy.gif

Derek Brunson didn't fight for another 8 months and was most likely pissing blood for weeks after those elbows. Also been Ko'd 3 times after.
giphy.gif

Ronny Markes had never been Kod and was 14-1. After Yoel he went 4-5 and sent from the UFC
10002658.jpg

Machida had only been Ko'd once before by Shogun and then after these brutal hellbows, I dont think he would have usually been Ko'd by Brunson straight after if it weren't for Yoel

Weidman suffered one of the most sickening knees in the sports history. He was Tko'd by Luke but that was over a long period of strikes. After this Chris's eye is permanently fuct

Finally he completely Fatality'd Luke Rockhold. He kissed him after prison style and Luke hasn't fought in a year and left the weight class. Future uncertain
cr27L77.gif

Plus he fuct Whittakers knee and broke his hand. No one seems to be the same after fighting him. Thats why you should be respecting Robert Whittaker. He is the only one to damage him with a broken orbital. And Yoel didn't even flinch.

Quality post, well put together. :cool:

I've followed the sport a long time and I'm not sure if I've ever been as fascinated with a fighter as much as Romero.

He started the sport at a very old age after a career of wrestling, and his striking was pretty wild and uncoordinated early in his career. He scaled the rankings in MW with pretty well while improving rapidly at such an old age. The style you've seen his last couple fights has actually been cultivated by his limited experience, and it's the best Yoel we've ever seen.

The Yoel that KO'ed Machida and Weidman was a Yoel that didn't really conserve his gas tank as well, moved a lot more, and chose to wrestle more than strike.

The Yoel that we see nowadays is much, much scarier. His movement is very limited which conserves his gas tank and he's got impeccable striking defense so when he's recharging it's almost impossible to hurt him. Whittaker broke his hand because of that remarkable striking defense.

Basically, he can sit back and defend your strikes with little difficulty and eventually find his opening and starch you. And even if you survive (like Whittaker did) you're a half-concussed mess trying to fend off berserker-mode Romero who's trying to murder you from there on out.

It is a pity that Romero cannot beat time.

I've followed the sport a long time and I'm not sure if I've ever been as fascinated with a fighter as much as Romero.

He started the sport at a very old age after a career of wrestling, and his striking was pretty wild and uncoordinated early in his career. He scaled the rankings in MW with pretty well while improving rapidly at such an old age. The style you've seen his last couple fights has actually been cultivated by his limited experience, and it's the best Yoel we've ever seen.

The Yoel that KO'ed Machida and Weidman was a Yoel that didn't really conserve his gas tank as well, moved a lot more, and chose to wrestle more than strike.

The Yoel that we see nowadays is much, much scarier. His movement is very limited which conserves his gas tank and he's got impeccable striking defense so when he's recharging it's almost impossible to hurt him. Whittaker broke his hand because of that remarkable striking defense.

Basically, he can sit back and defend your strikes with little difficulty and eventually find his opening and starch you. And even if you survive (like Whittaker did) you're a half-concussed mess trying to fend of berserker-mode Romero who's trying to murder you from there on out.
The way he came out last fight with that weird robot defence was trippy as. Would have confused the fuck outta Rob but Rob one upped him and oblique kicked him that really surprised everyone.

I might be putting myself up for retard post of the day, but aren't 12-6 elbows illegal, or just in certain positions? Because the elbows he's hitting Derreck Brunson with look like 12-6.

I'm honestly not sure.
I think it's only illegal to the head.

Don't quote me, tho.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

10002658.jpg

cr27L77.gif

The biggest cheater perhaps in the history of the UFC.

I don't think any other fighter rivals him in terms of variety and frequency of cheating.

Still waiting for the Cheater of God to man up and stop ducking his own weight class.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back