Yoel Romero Walkaround Weight

Sansnom

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Anyone know what the guy usually walks around at?

When there were talks about him moving to LHW, I remember him or his manager saying he wasn't that big. That he would actually walkaround 205. Can't find the article though.

At 5"10 he isn't very tall compared to some other MWs. It wouldn't surprise me if he actually did walkaround 205.

Some guys have the ability to cut more weight than others. Like Rockhold who typically weighs in the 220 range and cut down to 185. (He mentionned weighing 222 going into his LHW debut which is the weight he typically walks around at)

If Romero does walkaround 205, I see why he would be hesitant to move to 205 considering most guys in that division would have 20+ pounds over him.

What do you Sherbros think?

tree fiddy

Beat me too it haha.

I'd say upwards of 210, I doubt he gets higher or above 220 unless he's just not giving a fuck.

How he makes Middleweight though is beyond me. Even with his walk around weight, he's probably a week away from getting shredded at anytime.

Some guys have the ability to cut more weight than others
Lol Romero has a perfect body type for cutting weight, the water should melt off of him like nothing. Muscle is composed primarily of water.

Guarantee he walk around a lot north of 205.

We should know his cage weight a couple of days after the Costa fight (via CSAC), though they didn't release the weights of all the fighters for their last card (and I don't know why).

Saying he walks around 205 doesn't mean too much. Romero has no fat at 205 where some fluffy fighters cut little to make 205. Romero just doesn't get fat when he cuts. A majority of his cut is likely water, not diet.

Hes over 40 and has been cutting weight most of his life. I doubt he does big weight cuts anymore. That would probably have more of a negative effect than a positive one at this point in his lifelong career as an athlete.

Romero has only missed weight once cause of short notice, and 2nd time was by 1 lb that the commission didnt let him cut even though usually they have hours left to cut. I dont know where the assumption that Romero doesnt make weight come from. Short notice shouldnt count.

Gay Jesus is actually tiny irl. Here he is backstage with some random fan:

yoel-romero-shaquille-oneal-ufc-on-fox-11.jpg

Gay Jesus is actually tiny irl. Here he is backstage with some random fan:

yoel-romero-shaquille-oneal-ufc-on-fox-11.jpg
Wtf are you dumb? Thats not some random fan... That’s an average sized sherdogger. Show some respect for your brothers.

at that body fat he probably walks around 210-215 but he could easily get to 230 with a little fluff

Romero has only missed weight once cause of short notice, and 2nd time was by 1 lb that the commission didnt let him cut even though usually they have hours left to cut. I dont know where the assumption that Romero doesnt make weight come from. Short notice shouldnt count.
It wasn't 1lb. It was actually 0.2 pounds.

He weighed in at 185.2. He must have been pissed that Whittaker's title wasn't on the line for 0.2 pounds lol.
at that body fat he probably walks around 210-215 but he could easily get to 230 with a little fluff
At 230 he would be fat. The guy is only 5"10. But yea, 210 would make sense.

I'd guess he walks around at about 205-210lbs

Anyone know what the guy usually walks around at?

When there were talks about him moving to LHW, I remember him or his manager saying he wasn't that big. That he would actually walkaround 205. Can't find the article though.

At 5"10 he isn't very tall compared to some other MWs. It wouldn't surprise me if he actually did walkaround 205.

Some guys have the ability to cut more weight than others. Like Rockhold who typically weighs in the 220 range and cut down to 185. (He mentionned weighing 222 going into his LHW debut which is the weight he typically walks around at)

If Romero does walkaround 205, I see why he would be hesitant to move to 205 considering most guys in that division would have 20+ pounds over him.

i was just thinking about this, hes probably a heavyweight out of camp

Wtf are you dumb? Thats not some random fan... That’s an average sized sherdogger. Show some respect for your brothers.

LOL great post, I was gonna write the same thing.

Back