Yoel Romero = Tom Brady of MMA

What tom is doing is impressive but a few qbs have started pushing 40 and still been pretty good. Hes def taking it up a notch. Qbs and kickers prob have the 2 longest career avgs in the NFL.

Yoel being the freak he is at his age is very impressive. In Mma, being old is not usually good lol

Wrestling, in particular, is not kind on the body. Joints take a beating and the mobility slips away.

Yoel Romero isn't even the Randy Couture of the MMA World.

Even in his mid 40s he’s still fighting at the top level and improving in every fight. Will he ever age? 42 years old and no signs of slowing down. I could see him breaking Randy’s record as oldest champ and continuing to win top 5 contender fights in his 50s. Freak of nature
You're not off with the age part, but Yoel doesn't have a single belt or title defense. A better comparison would be GSP or Mighty Mouse .

Tom Brady is so nonathletic I have a hard time with this comparison. He ran like a 5.2 sec 40 in combine, can't throw far, can't jump or run. But he has infinite football IQ. With Romero you're talking about a super human with sub par fight IQ. If you're just looking for longevity Bisping is a good comparison and he actually got Gold.

Even in his mid 40s he’s still fighting at the top level and improving in every fight. Will he ever age? 42 years old and no signs of slowing down. I could see him breaking Randy’s record as oldest champ and continuing to win top 5 contender fights in his 50s. Freak of nature

I don't like the guy, and I don't like the Patriots. But you are HIGH AF. Tom Brady IS the best QB, in the modern era at least. No matter who anyone else names, Brady scoreboards TF out of them with all his Super Bowls. Tom Brady will be talked about in 100 years.

Romero hasn't won a fucking belt in any MMA promotion, let alone the UFC and NO ONE will talk about the guy outside of MAYBE his family in 100 years.

Tom Brady is so nonathletic I have a hard time with this comparison. He ran like a 5.2 sec 40 in combine, can't throw far, can't jump or run. But he has infinite football IQ. With Romero you're talking about a super human with sub par fight IQ. If you're just looking for longevity Bisping is a good comparison and he actually got Gold.

Tom Brady is other worldly over Romero when it comes to this

BYB-ear.jpg

They are both on the old side for a pro athlete. That’s where the parallel ends

Anyway, TB's days are numbered with a 19th overall QB rating this year

did he cheat or something?

If you haven't noticed Yoel decline in many aspects after each and every fight for the last 5-6 years you're haven't been paying attention.

Of course he's still dangerous and undoubtedly good enough to hang with the division, but he's slowed tremendously and tends to get ever wilder in his striking exchanges.

No way is he improving and in no universe should he ever be compared to Tom Brady.

Brady is an already an actual champion.....aaand he fooks this ADD7701A-3080-43A0-9C98-13A6B47B29B5.jpeg on the daylehhh.
Yoel can’t even dream with any of those.
27555360-EE82-4DE4-908F-14B0FFDBAAAC.jpeg

Back