Yoel Romero = Tom Brady of MMA

No... Jon jones would be the tom brady. Come the fuck on

Even in his mid 40s he’s still fighting at the top level and improving in every fight. Will he ever age? 42 years old and no signs of slowing down. I could see him breaking Randy’s record as oldest champ and continuing to win top 5 contender fights in his 50s. Freak of nature
Tom Brady has played in 9 Superbowls and won 6 of them.
Yoel has had 3 Title Fights scheduled and has won ZERO titles. He did win the Interim Title fight against Luke however was disqualified from winning the title before it ever started as he missed weight.

I really don't see the similarities.

Isn't Tom Brady a cheater? I don't watch the padded obese un-athletic 11 minute of actual game play of what Americans call a "sport".
giphy.gif

Even in his mid 40s he’s still fighting at the top level and improving in every fight. Will he ever age? 42 years old and no signs of slowing down. I could see him breaking Randy’s record as oldest champ and continuing to win top 5 contender fights in his 50s. Freak of nature
Tom brady is a multi time champion

Romero has won a total of zero championships

I don't like Tom Brady, but come on.

Who the fuck is Tom Brady and why are you comparing him with an amazing athlete like Yoel?

Isn't Tom Brady a cheater? I don't watch the padded obese un-athletic 11 minute of actual game play of what Americans call a "sport".
nah that's hater bs. turns out when air goes from heat to cold it contracts. who knew?

as much as i like romero..he has not been improving for years..in fact his problem is that he fights the same way over and over. he has no gameplan, no strategy. just swings for the fences and hopes for the best
He's gotten better in my opinion since the first Whitaker fight, he's more patient and conservative with his movements so he doesn't gas as much. I think fighters are a lot more intimidated by him now than they were before then

I know I am in the small minority, but I do think age has been hurting Romero. Everyone thinks he is 25, but last few years I have really noticed his wrestling is not very good, his shots are slow and not slick like they used to be. If you watch him before he was in UFC and also watch his first few UFC fights his takedowns was super fast and explosive and very slick, but for a few years his takedowns most of the time never work and they look a lot slower and old.

In terms of striking, then yes he is still fast and explosive and he knows how to pace himself so he can explode with big punches,kicks,knees etc etc.

Romero hasn’t won enough championships to be anywhere near Tom Brady. He actually hasn’t won a championship at all.

Don’t disrespect the goat like that.

More like tony romo of mma.always did good in regular season but couldn't win the big one.

Tom Brady is one of the best Champions in the NFL of all time. Apparently he can't age.

Yoel has never won a belt. But he too has the fountain of youth...

Back