Yoel Romero is the only victim of racism in the UFC

I messed with this chick last night who I've been thinking was sexy at the gym for like 6 months but she smelled like bad bad tuna fish down there and I was pissed off. I shower 3 times a day why should I be dealing with these dirtballs. I'm good guy.

It might not be a showering issue on her part; it could be dietary. Ask her what she's been eating. If she's been eating seafood, that can actually cause the smell. Consider suggesting she get checked for trimethylaminuria.

Uh clearly mentioned that both are factors that contribute to Romero's uphill battle in terms of public perception. He did not say that A = B, he said A+B = Negative Perception. Maybe you should understand some elementary logic basics before giving lessons about what millennials need to focus on.
Bullshit. Don't spin. Thread title refers to racism. The first non-context line of his post, that set the tone of this thread, was that Romero is Cuban AND Christian, essentially TS's way of linking his ethnicity to his religion. You see it your way, I'll see it mine...

Edit/add: anyone with sense on this site recognizes the dislike of Romero has nothing to do with his race... it's about him portraying himself to be a devout Christian yet enjoying that horse meat - hypocricy.

Last edited:
Yoel Romero has stained (pun intended) his reputation in my eyes after refusing to move out of the stool for literally 30seconds in the Tim Kennedy fight. I dislike Kennedy aswell but Yoel wasn't moving and Big John wasn't reacting as sternly as he needed, calling Romero to stand up or be disqualified after 10seconds.

Yoel Romero is a cheating fucking asshole whom I'm so god damn sick of hearing about.

After that fight with Tim I never understood why people would basically suck Yoel's hemorrhoids out but call Tim a whiny cunt. Yoel cheated and he's an ass wipe, end of story. It isn't racism, it's his behaviour overall.

Oh well I guess you could say Tim Kennedy is being hated on because people hate whites though right?

I followed the Woodley situation closely and his complaints were ridiculous. American blacks like him and Jon Jones are unpopular because of their character it has nothing to do with race although some racist might hate them a bit more than they would otherwise (but they would still hate them).

Kevin Randleman was one of the most popular MMA fighters ever.

Yoel Romero on the other hand is hated here for no other reason than because he's a black Cuban Christian. His Cuban origin plays a big role here too, it seems that the animosity is still well alive.

His haters are the most ridiculous haters of a fighter here, they constantly blabber about cheating when it's a fact that Kennedy was the only one who cheated in that fight and what Romero did wasn't his fault and perfectly legal anyway in those circumstances.

Then the "no for gay Jesus" thing when many morons actually tried to convince people that this was some sort of homophobic rant when it was very clear that he never mentioned anything about homosexuals. His haters pointed out the timing because America just accepted some new pro-gay privileges but how the fuck would a Cuban pro fighter who's in a camp know about this? It's unlikely he followed the news and had time to develop opinions on social issues a day before his big fight. And if he did he would have said it clearly. It was just an ordinary Christian rant. You know the kind that you constantly hear from religious American fighters.

Then the USADA episode where he was proven innocent yet he's still bashed here for being a "cheater".

And of course his haters here questioning the result of the fight against Jacare and denying him a title shot even if he's clearly the next in line being 7-0 in the UFC while all other contenders have recent losses.

If he were American (and preferably white) with his athleticism, exciting style, background and charisma he would have more fans than anyone in the MW division right now. But as it is, if he became the champ he would probably sell less PPVs than MM. That's if they ever give him a title shot anyway because the UFC clearly doesn't want him as champ.
If he was white and spoke perfect English I agree he would be more popular. But so fucking what.
People have their preferences and it doesn't mean they are racist. If I go into a bar and am more attracted by the white girl than the Indian girl, that doesn't make me a racist, mmmkay? So if you want to argue he's hated because he's black and Cuban, fine. But saying he's not popular because racism is rather dumb, imo.

No TS. Conor McGregor is the only true victim of racism in the UFC.

He had two of the most blatant fence grabs ever in his fight with Jacare
Popped hot for banned substance
Wouldn't get off the stool
Religious zealot

There's some reasons for not liking the guy. But all around he seems like a decent enough guy.

you're right, he definitely has been the victim of racism, but he's not the ONLY one.

i mean artem lebov just fucking said "YOU KNOW HOW THOSE MEXICANS ARE" on Mermaid Hour when he was talking about Nayt Diaz and Joanna Champion told Claudia Gadelhia to "go back to the jungle" that's some fucking racist bullshit plus how many fried chicken Cormier gifs do you see on this board per day

He's as clean as his drawers on that Brunson fight.

All these people seeing Racism in every shadow... I wonder how much they cared about Mark Hunt's racist comments calling Brock a "white piece of shit." Not much I would bet. Also, come on now Yoel has charisma? really TS?

Back