Yoel’s best UFC wins

• Thread starter Deleted member 359865
  • Start date
Same old shit with Romero fanboys. He beat everybody he lost to eh.

The only bad decision in his career was the fight he should have lost on points against Jacare.

Romero and Dan Henderson were not as great of MMA wrestlers as their wrestling accolades led you to believe.

Romero has some solid wins but his fans are quite delusional, thinking he won fights he clearly didn't win.

Whittaker and Izzy are the two best middleweights of this entire generation of fighters, and he went to virtual draws with both of them.

Murdering Weidman, Rockhold, Brunson and Machida in violent scary fashion is just part of his UFC career.

Now he's 44 years old and fighting at 205lbs.

This is a dogshit thread.
Are you dense? His fight vs Izzy is easily one of the worst fights of all time. He looked scared and incapable, you Yoel fans trying to use that fight to say he was competitive with the second best MW of all time qualify as mental gymnastics for sure.

The only bad decision in his career was the fight he should have lost on points against Jacare.
It’s so bad they’re trying to say he arguably best Izzy, which is absolutely ridiculous.

He’s always been good, just simultaneously overrated beyond belief by his weirdo cult like fan base that genuinely seem to believe he’s never lost.
This....is a good take. Kudos

He loved because he fucked up Whineman and Cuckhold. He's not really got the resume to go with his hype.

You’re forgetting the second Whittaker where he beat the snot out of Bobby.

Having said that I still think he was overrated the way he was made out to be this boogeyman of the division

As much as I agree with you on most part (obviously the Jacare part) i was shocked when he lost his second fight to Whittaker.
It was a while since I saw that fight but I was like 100% sure we have a new champ there.

Beat a washed Weidman (knee KO was cool tho) and a washed rockhold and was propped up as some killer ever since. Yet all of his matches against top tier guys in their prime have hardly been impressive. Is it safe to say this guy was never ever really a top 5 MW?
13-1 weidman is washed Weidman???? Like fuck Weidman I don’t like him but he wasn’t washed up when he fought Yoel. He was 1 fight removed from being a multi defense champ.

13-1 weidman is washed Weidman???? Like fuck Weidman I don’t like him but he wasn’t washed up when he fought Yoel. He was 1 fight removed from being a multi defense champ.
So if he wasn’t washed then how do you explain his career post Yoel? His title defenses were no where near the caliber of Izzy’s or Whittakers MW wins.

Last edited by a moderator:
63F37123-91B1-42BF-AB8C-89DE4823B540.jpeg
I was told I don’t know shit and check Romero’s credentials

It's funny how the narrative of a fighter changes once he leaves the UFC and loses in Bellator.

Just last year, people were saying he could move up to LHW and become a UFC champion. He goes to Bellator and then, all of a sudden, he's washed up. He loses in Bellator and now he was never that good.

Same with Rumble. When he announced that he was coming back, people were so excited that he could fight in the UFC for the LHW title or even make a splash at HW. He signed with Bellator and then he is washed up again.

If anything, this fight doesn't show how bad Yoel is but how good Phil's wrestling and grappling is to be able to control him. It also showcased how much Phil's striking has improved since his UFC days.

Phil is the best grappler in LHW history and would give any fighter, UFC or Bellator, a run for their money.
it’s just a truism that you will get every view on sherdog. So yoel was always overrated and underrated and you’ll have sufficient evidence in posts of both. Yoel was washed up and a potential future champ.

Hopefully most people commenting on yoel today actually watched him fight in bellator yesterday. That’s at least good for bellator and bellator fighters.

Me personally? I don’t think yoel was a viable champion contender at 205 in either org. He’s not the asset he was 2-3 years ago. At his peak he was among the best mw’s but in a group with his peers of that / this era. Always fight ending power…..

Like last night for instance. Lost a 3 round fight because he claims he thought it was 5 rounds...
If I remember correctly, I thought the ref clearly said it was the last round. I could've got that mixed up with the commentary team cause I was tired from watching like 30 fights lol.

Did he actually confirm that’s what he thought?
Not sure. But that was the story when I went to bed last night. And his reaction to the fight being over seemed to confirm.

So if he wasn’t washed then how do you explain his career post Yoel? His title defenses were no where near the caliber of Izzy’s or Whittakers
Yeah he is kind of done at the top. But when does a guy become washed? After his first loss? 2nd, 3rd? I was just arguing that when he fought Yoel he wasn’t washed up yet.

Like last night for instance. Lost a 3 round fight because he claims he thought it was 5 rounds...
As a professional - with a coach - there's no excuse for him making that mistake. But I have to admit, I usually expect main events in other orgs to be 5 rounds, and can be surprised when they end after 3. Just think, that wasn't always the case in the UFC.

Not sure. But that was the story when I went to bed last night. And his reaction to the fight being over seemed to confirm.
Seems almost impossible to believe he had a training camp and a fight and it was never discussed that he was training for a 3 round fight or told between rounds that he needed to finish the fight in that round to win……..but hey, yoel’s a character…..

Back