Yoel’s best UFC wins

• Thread starter Deleted member 359865
  • Start date
Beat a washed Weidman (knee KO was cool tho) and a washed rockhold and was propped up as some killer ever since. Yet all of his matches against top tier guys in their prime have hardly been impressive. Is it safe to say this guy was never ever really a top 5 MW?

Whittaker and Izzy are the two best middleweights of this entire generation of fighters, and he went to virtual draws with both of them.

Murdering Weidman, Rockhold, Brunson and Machida in violent scary fashion is just part of his UFC career.

Now he's 44 years old and fighting at 205lbs.

This is a dogshit thread.

I've always said he was the lost overrated MW of all time, probably worse so than Mousasi

His nut-huggers like to pretend he beat Whittaker and Izzy though, oh and even Costa LOL

This Davis loss means nothing though. Dude is 44, at a higher weightclass, and coming off a neck surgery. He's done.
First of all the Adesanya and Whittaker fights set aside, Yoel had an amazing run in the UFC even before those fights.

The OP is utterly ridiculous in twisting the narrative. He literally just told us that he doesn't watch fights without saying "I don't watch fights".

Sure he got a few lucky calls in his favor and had a few comeback wins, but once he started putting it all together he outclassed and KOed a PRIME Chris Weidman and a PRIME Luke Rockhold. Very few fighters survived to see the judges scorecards against Yoel.

As far as the Adesanya and Whittaker fights go, we are talking about a 40+ year old man giving the two best middleweight we have right now there toughest fights up to that point. And he was honestly just edged out against both opponents who were in their mid to late twenties.

To say Yoel was overrated is a knee jerk reaction to some fans over inflated opinion of him and because they may disagree with some judges decisions. But the facts show that Yoel was one of the most dangerous middleweights to ever compete in the UFC during his prime. Top 5 I'd have to say.

Whittaker and Izzy are the two best middleweights of this entire generation of fighters, and he went to virtual draws with both of them.

Murdering Weidman, Rockhold, Brunson and Machida in violent scary fashion is just part of his UFC career.

Now he's 44 years old and fighting at 205lbs.

This is a dogshit thread.
You posted just before me but 100% this. Anyone even remotely agreeing with the OP is crazy or lacking common sense.

He beat Kennedy, Brunson, Lyoto, Luke and Weidman, imo beat Whittaker in their rematch and arguably also beat Adesanya in that shit fight. With a bit of luck would've been champ. On that top level, wasn't overrated.

First of all the Adesanya and Whittaker fights set aside, Yoel had an amazing run in the UFC even before those fights.

The OP is utterly ridiculous in twisting the narrative. He literally just told us that he doesn't watch fights without saying "I don't watch fights".

Sure he got a few lucky calls in his favor and had a few comeback wins, but once he started putting it all together he outclassed and KOed a PRIME Chris Weidman and a PRIME Luke Rockhold. Very few fighters survived to see the judges scorecards against Yoel.

As far as the Adesanya and Whittaker fights go, we are talking about a 40+ year old man giving the two best middleweight we have right now there toughest fights up to that point. And he was honestly just edged out against both opponents who were in their mid to late twenties.

To say Yoel was overrated is a knee jerk reaction to some fans over inflated opinion of him and because they may disagree with some judges decisions. But the facts show that Yoel was one of the most dangerous middleweights to ever compete in the UFC during his prime. Top 5 I'd have to say.

At least someone agrees with me, lol.

Yep, this nails it

Yoel is probably the craziest freak athlete mma has ever seen

One of the only guys who’s genetics I would put against elite NFL guys

It's funny how the narrative of a fighter changes once he leaves the UFC and loses in Bellator.

Just last year, people were saying he could move up to LHW and become a UFC champion. He goes to Bellator and then, all of a sudden, he's washed up. He loses in Bellator and now he was never that good.

Same with Rumble. When he announced that he was coming back, people were so excited that he could fight in the UFC for the LHW title or even make a splash at HW. He signed with Bellator and then he is washed up again.

If anything, this fight doesn't show how bad Yoel is but how good Phil's wrestling and grappling is to be able to control him. It also showcased how much Phil's striking has improved since his UFC days.

Phil is the best grappler in LHW history and would give any fighter, UFC or Bellator, a run for their money.

"Phil is the best grappler in LHW history and would give any fighter, UFC or Bellator, a run for their money"

LOL, go watch the Rashad fight as you apparently haven't seen it yet.

It's funny how the narrative of a fighter changes once he leaves the UFC and loses in Bellator.

Just last year, people were saying he could move up to LHW and become a UFC champion. He goes to Bellator and then, all of a sudden, he's washed up. He loses in Bellator and now he was never that good.

Same with Rumble. When he announced that he was coming back, people were so excited that he could fight in the UFC for the LHW title or even make a splash at HW. He signed with Bellator and then he is washed up again.

If anything, this fight doesn't show how bad Yoel is but how good Phil's wrestling and grappling is to be able to control him. It also showcased how much Phil's striking has improved since his UFC days.

Phil is the best grappler in LHW history and would give any fighter, UFC or Bellator, a run for their money.
People on here don't understand how good Phil Davis is. He beat almost everybody in the UFC and even his losses were usually very close or competitive. He's always in shape and if you have a hole in your wrestling or grappling you're in for a long night. Yoel moving up to fight Phil was a tough outing for Romero, it was a very bad matchup.

Yeah the Rockhold victory you can hold against him

Not the other wins

How the hell was Weidman washed. He was literally the champ in his last fight and was the favorite going in

The fact that Romero is even being competitive at his age above his best weight class is impressive yet apparently he was never good.

He made Whittaker turtle.

JyoBzy.gif

3232362-turtle-is-hiding-in-its-shell.jpg

He was on the same level of the top guys of his time(Jacare, Mousasi, Whittaker, Rockhold) but not above them, like his derranged fanboys would have you believe.

He’s always been good, just simultaneously overrated beyond belief by his weirdo cult like fan base that genuinely seem to believe he’s never lost.
Exactly. Fanatical fans undermine the appreciation of decent or better fighters.

But now, everyone's going to face up to the fact that Yoel is not immune to Father Time.

define washed? Weidman only lost to Rockhold before losing to Romero. Rockhold was 16-3 before losing to Romero. Romero also arguably won the second whittaker fight.
He clearly won the second fight. He arguably won the first (though I give the first to Bobby)

Back