Yoel’s best UFC wins

• Thread starter Deleted member 359865
  • Start date
Fair enough. I do think Yoel has legitimate claims to that second Whittaker fight and took a round 10-8. He beat Weidman, Rockhold and Jacare who were all flawed fighters but were exceptional at the time and some of them in brutal fashion. He's obviously been on the downswing for a while with consecutive losses at an older age, but you could say he possibly beat Costa. MMA is such a crazy sport.
I feel that, Jacre was a scary dude for awhile there. Costa is another guy that I’m worried about being propped up, but the jury is still out on him.
I’m holding out hope for Cannonier, I like his skill set although dropping down 2 weights puts him at a major advantage in a lot areas. Want to see him vs Izzy.

Beat a washed Weidman (knee KO was cool tho) and a washed rockhold and was propped up as some killer ever since. Yet all of his matches against top tier guys in their prime have hardly been impressive. Is it safe to say this guy was never ever really a top 5 MW?

Lol no, he beat the brakes off Whitaker in their 2nd fight but got robbed for missing weight. All his other Ls were close decisions. Nobody wanted that fight for a reason.

He looked bad tonight as a bloated 205er at 44 years old though

I've always said he was the lost overrated MW of all time, probably worse so than Mousasi

His nut-huggers like to pretend he beat Whittaker and Izzy though, oh and even Costa LOL

This Davis loss means nothing though. Dude is 44, at a higher weightclass, and coming off a neck surgery. He's done.
A lot of fighters, media, & fans alike think he won 1, 2, or all 3 of those fights. Each fight comes down to how you scored a particular round. Round 2 vs Izzy, round 2 vs Costa, & round 4 vs Rob(which honestly isn't hard to score if the scoring criteria is applied correctly).

Special fighter too bad time caught up with him. Wonder how he would have done if he entered MMA earlier.
Three of my biggest MMA IF:

• IF Romero started out earlier in MMA
  • IF Brock Lesnor started out earlier in MMA
  • IF UFC gave Khabib real contract instead of fake/dupe contract to fight for the title against Alvarez in 2016 instead of Conor, Khabib could have racked probably 5 to 6 title defense against real contenders, and it's not like any lightweight can beat Khabib anyway:

Last edited:
Phil Davis is just a better fighter than Yoel now and in the past. if Phil fought the same guys as Yoel he might have 1 or 2 losses.

Yoel looked fine but Phil Davis is just bigger and a better MMA wrestler. Yoel got taken down by Tim Kennedy. Of course Phil Davis was able to rag doll him

Yoel is a great fighter but elite grapplers at a higher weight class will always give him problems. He had some good UFC wins and would of been champ if Bisping fought him

Last edited:
Phil Davis is just a better fighter than Yoel now and in the past. if Phil fought the same guys as Yoel he might have 1 or 2 losses.

Yoel looked fine but Phil Davis is just bigger and a better MMA wrestler. Yoel got taken down by Tim Kennedy. Of course Phil Davis was able to rag doll him
Yoel do better in Middleweight than LHW

Damn you know what their weight was on fight night? The fact that Yoel couldn't shed 1 more pound means that he weighed a lot more after hydrating

Damn. Do you know?

Yoel was probably robbed in that fight either way.

Back