Yoder Jackson Illegal Kicks

rtodd

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Did anyone else not think, WTF after Yoder lands three illegal kicks to the head no point?

One is an accident, two I can accept but three????

What does it take for a fighter to lose a point with a certain ref? Do they have to be named Tito Ortiz?

Keep crying about it lol. It´s so stupid thats its illega, same with elbows to the head. It basically saying "here we need to give the graplers a bigger chance". Punches, and kicks should also be illegal. So many stupid rules. Kicking from the bottom is extremly useful to psuh an opponent of with from the hips, but kicking to the head is illegal, well it did tremendous damage which is why you shouldn´t be standing like that when keeping a fighter down.

Stupid rule. Looks like baby mma with rules like that. Just like Jon Jones is a dirty fighter because of his kicks..really just go watch football instead. Its always been a weird and annoying rule. Idk if you train mma, but when you´re on the mat and someone is not laying on you but just holding your legs, you got a huge urge to kick them, i guess its a natural instinct. Personally i just find the rule BS. So i was happy when i saw those kicks, that just shows how dangerous they are and why we want to use them...not our problem a grapler wants to just stand there and hold you gfor 5 minutes to get the round..
It´s just such a weird rule, idk why they haven´t made an exception to the whole "downed opponent" just because they have one knee on the ground, if they allowed it , it´d owudl really help fix the stalemates and the lay n pray strategy, and let you get up alot easier...many peole find this rule stupid. But "hey its the rules" dont fix whats broken as they say. lol

Such a stupid rule, AS got DQ´ed because of it aswell...such a stupid rule that should be removed. period.

Last edited:
You know what though, at one point it looked like she had one knee up and the other knee resting on yoder--- if so, would this be legal as she does not have a knee on the mat?

You know what though, at one point it looked like she had one knee up and the other knee resting on yoder--- if so, would this be legal as she does not have a knee on the mat?

upkicks landed that way would be legal (and no hand on the mat). It was close so if anything, John should have called a time out, given a warning, and let them continue. Didn't look like damage was done (or if so, just a little). Can't take an immediate point away, for god's sakes it's a two-round match

It annoyed me he grabbed Ashleys foot twice when she was cheating with the fence. Sure, cheating is bad but he shouldn't do anything he wouldn't do vs Brock or Stipe.

That's one of the most ridiculous rule to be begin with, but yeah, clearly illegal and way too many for the free pass like that.

Back