YOD diet log. Tips and suggestions appreciated.

YOD89

White Belt
Reaction score
Hello all. At 6'7 and somewhere just over 300 pounds I'm tired of being one of the slowest people in my mma class. I never have any stamina and i'm just tired of being tired. I've come to the conclusion that, in addition to working out,I need to adopt better eating habbits. My theory is better foods and portion control. I don't count calories and I don't want to starve myself. I'm strictly trying to lose weight, not build muscle( i'll focus on that later, as I don't really have the means right now.)

I when to the grocery store last night to see what I could do with around 35 to 40 dollers.

I got the following:

2 oranges
2 apples
2 potatoes
1 bag of spinach
1 pack of whole grain bagels
1 box of quaker weight control oatmeal
1 box of honey bunches of oats cereal
1 2lb bag of whole grain rice
1 13.25 oz box of whole grain spaghetti
3 chicken breast
1 pound of all natural lean ground beef
1 half a gallon of milk
1 block of reduced fat cream cheese

My diet starts tomarrow. Any suggestions of what I should add to the mix next time?

read the FAQ's

you have more carbs in that 1 weeks list than i eat in 6 months

you do have a lot of carbs but you dont need to be afraid of them. a simple diet is boring but effective. vegetables, whole grains, and lean meats in reasonable portions is a pretty good place to start. vegies over fruit if you are trying to lose weight, they dont taste as good but have less sugar and more fiber and vits.

Hello all. At 6'7 and somewhere just over 300 pounds I'm tired of being one of the slowest people in my mma class. I never have any stamina and i'm just tired of being tired. I've come to the conclusion that, in addition to working out,I need to adopt better eating habbits. My theory is better foods and portion control. I don't count calories and I don't want to starve myself. I'm strictly trying to lose weight, not build muscle( i'll focus on that later, as I don't really have the means right now.)

I when to the grocery store last night to see what I could do with around 35 to 40 dollers.

I got the following:

2 oranges
2 apples
2 potatoes
1 bag of spinach
1 pack of whole grain bagels
1 box of quaker weight control oatmeal
1 box of honey bunches of oats cereal
1 2lb bag of whole grain rice
1 13.25 oz box of whole grain spaghetti
3 chicken breast
1 pound of all natural lean ground beef
1 half a gallon of milk
1 block of reduced fat cream cheese

My diet starts tomarrow. Any suggestions of what I should add to the mix next time?

No startchy carbs at all! (Bagels, Potatoes, etc..).

If you need any motivation to get the ball rolling cut carbs all together and lower your sodium intake and you will likely lose ten pounds in a week. Ya I know it will mostly be water weight but as long as you stay hydrated then where is the problem?

Otherwise, just stick with lean proteins (fish, chicken, egg whites, whey, etc...), and fruits + veggies. Eat something small but reasonable every 2-3 hours, maybe drink some green tea or coffee to pep you up in the morning (will help thermogenically aswell).

Above everything else just read the stickies... They will tell you everything you need to know, straight up dude.

Thanks alot to everyone who has posted. I've already learned alot and I plan to make changed accordingly. You guys are alright.

I'm seriously hating myself right now though, because to day I ate/drank:

Two bagels w/ cream cheese.

1 cup noodles.

2 tacos

2 krumpets.

3 bottles of diet pepsi

Seriosly. It's like I wake up and don't remember I'm on a diet. Damn.

Back