Yet more insane liberal behaviour #BlackBrunchNYC

Brunch is the shit.

Nothing like a plate of Eggs Benedict and hashbrowns along with all you can drink coffee at 1 in the afternoon after a night of drinking.

If black people don't do brunch, then they should... It's fucking awesome!!!

I'm against police brutality. I don't agree with these tactics to protest it.

What tactics, if you don't mind sharing, do you suggest? Is it only allowable for them to use methods that are completely convenient to everyone else and, accordingly, do nothing to force people into considering their cause?

I just don't understand the rationale here. You say you're against it, but don't condone it being brought up in any way that is even slightly able to draw attention to those who are, generally speaking, least affected by it and also most crucial to sway.

lol so the cops are abusing Asians just as often as black people?

Why do you think Asians are judged as individuals? It just so happens that their stereotypes tend to be positive but that doesn't mean they aren't being stereotyped. They aren't all that upset about it because it is a net positive for them (the bad ones aren't all that bad and the good ones help them).

Brunch is the shit.

Nothing like a plate of Eggs Benedict and hashbrowns along with all you can drink coffee at 1 in the afternoon after a night of drinking.

Brunch is white people stuff.

Brunch is the shit.

That meal is fine following a night of light drinking.

But if it's after a 20+ drink night, you keep that caffeine and eggs the hell away from me. I'll take water, a milkshake, and, if I'm feeling especially ambitious, a grain-based breakfast food.

What tactics, if you don't mind sharing, do you suggest? Is it only allowable for them to use methods that are completely convenient to everyone else and, accordingly, do nothing to force people into considering their cause?

I just don't understand the rationale here. You say you're against it, but don't condone it being brought up in any way that is even slightly able to draw attention to those who are, generally speaking, least affected by it and also most crucial to sway.

These protesters are now considered rude and obnoxious. Is that the message they wanted to send?

Why do you think Asians are judged as individuals? It just so happens that their stereotypes tend to be positive but that doesn't mean they aren't being stereotyped. They aren't all that upset about it because it is a net positive for them (the bad ones aren't all that bad and the good ones help them).

So you are basically admitting Asians are not being abused just as often as black people despite not being white, correct?

Brunch is the shit.

Don't forget about the Bloody Mary bar and bottomless mimosas. Brunch should be bringing people together.

What part of I cannot control the actions of other people don't you understand?

What I can influence and control is my democratic government.

You're a gun guy, no? What if I told you that gun activists should focus on stopping other people from going on mass shooting sprees because if people didn't go on mass shooting sprees, there wouldn't be any calls for gun control? I'm pretty sure would dismiss that outright. Its the same here.

I can make an argument that without black people in America, our gun homicide rate would be closer to other western countries. That's how bad the problem that you refuse to address is.

Can we agree that there are bigger issues in the black community than police brutality?

The closest you'll get is members of a gun club going into a restaurant - but they don't yell and disturb others.
You don't think strangers walking around exercising their right to display their guns and cammo berets while you're eating a burrito with your kids might be unsettling to some people? Maybe even as disturbing as someone exercising their right to talk out loud for 4 and a half minutes?

So you are basically admitting Asians are not being abused just as often as black people despite not being white, correct?

I never said they were. I said everyone should be treated as individuals. For a black person, this might mean not being treated as a criminal. For an Asian person, it would be something totally different.

These protesters are now considered rude and obnoxious. Is that the message they wanted to send?

How exactly do you inconvenience people without being rude? You seem to be accepting of the fact that inconveniencing the audience is necessary to reach people who are comfortable ignoring the issue....so how do you prefer they act? If there are people thick-skulled enough to only learn from the situation that there are rude and obnoxious people in the world, I guess that's just the way it goes.

Honestly, I have absolutely no problem with this at all. It's non-violent, it's rich in symbolism, and it's probably decently effective. It's incredible to me that people in this thread are offended by a non-violent interruption of brunch so much that they think it's more important than the recognition of police brutality. Who knew brunch was so sacred.

I can make an argument that without black people in America, our gun homicide rate would be closer to other western countries. That's how bad the problem that you refuse to address is.

Can we agree that there are bigger issues in the black community than police brutality?

I can make the argument that without 100 years of housing discrimination, the ghettos where violence is most common would likely not exist and gun violence might be on par with other western countries.

So yes, I agree that police brutality is not the biggest issue facing black people. Its one of many structural issues facing black people but its probably the easiest one to fix which is why I have no problem with people focusing on it.

How exactly do you inconvenience people without being rude? You seem to be accepting of the fact that inconveniencing the audience is necessary to reach people who are comfortable ignoring the issue....so how do you prefer they act? If there are people thick-skulled enough to only learn from the situation that there are rude and obnoxious people in the world, I guess that's just the way it goes.

Honestly, I have absolutely no problem with this at all. It's non-violent, it's rich in symbolism, and it's probably decently effective. It's incredible to me that people in this thread are offended by a non-violent interruption of brunch so much that they think it's more important than the recognition of police brutality. Who knew brunch was so sacred.

Take it to the police, not the mall, not the restaurants and not at an honoring for an old man who probably doesn't have much left.

It's rude, it's disrespectful and that is the message that's being sent. People want these protesters to go away. The original message is gone.

Take it to the police, not the mall, not the restaurants and not at an honoring for an old man who probably doesn't have much left.

It's rude, it's disrespectful and that is the message that's being sent. People want these protesters to go away. The original message is gone.

lol

Take complaints about police brutality to the police? That's your solution? Just accept that police brutality is here to stay because it's not worth interrupting the voting public's brunch? Just go to the police?

I was being civil, but you're clearly either just a moron or someone who is too stubborn to admit that what you're saying makes no sense and goes absolutely nowhere.

EDIT - Also, the interruption of that veteran's ceremony was absolute despicable. I am in total agreement about that.

lol

Take complaints about police brutality to the police? That's your solution? Just accept that police brutality is here to stay because it's not worth interrupting the voting public's brunch? Just go to the police?

I was being civil, but you're clearly either just a moron or someone who is too stubborn to admit that what you're saying makes no sense and goes absolutely nowhere.

Yep, I'm a moron. Have fun with this movement that's going nowhere.

edit: And not take it to the police you fucking retard. I'm talking about protesting at police stations and events and functions. Goddamn.

It was non violent and dramatic but won't be effective.

I bet the people who were interrupted now have increased negative notions of black people. They won't be outwardly racist because of it but unexpressed or their "quiet" thoughts on them will reflect people of aggressive and intimidating tactics. The people at brunch may of been decision makers for companies, industry or even private policy makers - now when they think of a black person, they think of the obnoxious person who made them feel uncomfortable during their meal, and not victims of the state and systematic prejudice.

Tactic failure.

try interrupting a black person eating at a bbq joint with your protests and let's see how that turns out.

This blacklivesmatter movement is sliding off course, angering the majority of the population, especially middle to upper class white people is going to damage their cause more so than help it.

You need to gain the sympathy of white america - which in this liberal age of white guilt, should be easier than ever before.

However, using radical, invasive or intrusive measures will just enhanced quiet or unexpressed racism. Leading to more systematic repression of black people.

black people are only 12% of the population but they are the pitbulls of the pack - people want to think they it's not the breed but majority are cautious as hell when dealing with them and their issues - if they want white majority to warm up, you need to stop the barking and up the friendly.

wtf?

Back