Yet more insane liberal behaviour #BlackBrunchNYC

If all these people who are clearly concerned about race relations put the effort into making the black community safer, they'd probably see a drastic change in how police interact with them. This "movement" is only alienating people from their cause. Nothing is going to come from these protests.

Innocent people should not have to change the behavior of other people that they do not know in order to be treated fairly. Everyone should be treated as individuals, that shouldn't just be reserved for white people.

Innocent people should not have to change the behavior of other people that they do not know in order to be treated fairly. Everyone should be treated as individuals, that shouldn't just be reserved for white people.

I'm saying if they want change, they have to address the problems in their communities that lead to these over policing incidents. I understand that you shouldn't be responsible for other peoples actions, but there's serious problems in the black community that aren't being addressed that has been plaguing their communities for decades now.

I'm saying if they want change, they have to address the problems in their communities that lead to these over policing incidents. I understand that you shouldn't be responsible for other peoples actions, but there's serious problems in the black community that aren't being addressed that has been plaguing their communities for decades now.

So, let me get this straight.

Me, a Marine vet who has no criminal history, thousands of hours of charitable work who happens to be Black - I need to worry about what some dudes over in SE Chicago are doing vice what the cop with a gun in my face is doing to me because dues in SE Chicago are good enough justification for an Officer to be aggressive?

What kind of backward BS is that?

Me, a Marine vet who has no criminal history, thousands of hours of charitable work who happens to be Black - I need to worry about what some dudes over in SE Chicago are doing vice what the cop with a gun in my face is doing to me because dues in SE Chicago are good enough justification for an Officer to be aggressive?

No, you don't have to worry about it if you don't want to. Unless you live in Chicago and feel that the police are giving you unfair treatment.

Yes, why didn't you personally get on a plane and travel to the southside of Chicago to lecture "youths" there because Scrody thinks that every black person should be judged by what happens in Chicago (and apparently the lowest murder rate since 1963 is not good enough for him). You're telling me that doesn't make sense to you?

No, you don't have to worry about it if you don't want to. Unless you live in Chicago and feel that the police are giving you unfair treatment.

Even in Chicago, black people shouldn't be judged by the actions of other completely unrelated black people that happen to live in the same city as them. Do you think we hold meetings to determine how much crime should be committed? Like we can just go to the next meeting and say "Okay guys, thats enough with the crime. I don't want to be profiled anymore".

Its utterly ridiculous.

If you guys noticed(doubtful), I said these people that are clearly concerned about race relations (the protesters), not every black person in America. But yes, pile on the bullshit.

If you guys noticed(doubtful), I said these people that are clearly concerned about race relations (the protesters), not every black person in America. But yes, pile on the bullshit.

Most black people are concerned with race relations and police brutality and no even those of us concerned with it shouldn't be judged by the actions of others. Your position is indefensible.

I remember watching Stossel and he brought in this black guy to talk about discrimination and why the black community doesnt trust the police. The guy said the issue is constant negative contact with the police and one of the biggest reasons police are in those neighborhoods are just to sniff out drug dealers. So the cure is to #legalizeit

Honestly even white people who have had too much contact with the police hate the police. I understand your point but keeping the cops away from the neighborhoods would help solve that problem. Pretty much everytime they'll be there will be in response to a real crime.

You missed my sarcasm. In St. Louis the kid just robbed a store, in NY the store owner called the cops becasue Garner(?) was selling loosies. Even the little kid that got shot (the only 1 we should be pissed about) a guy called 9-11.

In all of these situations the cops would have still been in the neighborhood.

While I agree that legalization would cut down on the crime in those areas; the cops are there because of the higher crime rates to begin with - lets not forget that it was local community groups; in most cases, that wanted more police officers for their neighborhoods.

The opposite is also true. If a bunch of gun rights activists invaded the same brunch in protest of NYC's gun control laws, the same people here crying would have no problem with it.

You know if you could find 1 instance of either happening it might strengthen your case, but I doubt you'll find it.

The closest you'll get is members of a gun club going into a restaurant - but they don't yell and disturb others.

You know if you could find 1 instance of either happening it might strengthen your case, but I doubt you'll find it.

The closest you'll get is members of a gun club going into a restaurant - but they don't yell and disturb others.

I won't bother looking since I replied to a hypothetical with a hypothetical.

Most black people are concerned with race relations and police brutality and no even those of us concerned with it shouldn't be judged by the actions of others. Your position is indefensible.

So you think barging in on brunches and WWII veterans ceremonies is more productive than cleaning up your own community so that you can stop being unfairly judged by police?

It's not just black people that are treated like shit by police

I'm not acting like this would immediately solve all racial issues, but it would be a different kind of start wouldn't it?

Can we all agree that there are bigger issues in the black community than police brutality?

lol so the cops are abusing Asians just as often as black people?

Nix and Fission are correct - they shouldn't be treated as criminals because of their skin color.

The flip side to this is that it would be ridiculous to think that cops in higher crime areas aren't going to be in more aggressive; ie shoot first, mode than in a low crime area. This means that if I'm out in slouchy clothes or appear to be less that upper middle class when I'm in these areas I need to be careful with my own actions - jumping into the seat for my wallet; attacking an officer; slapping an officers hand away.

Maybe look up some of these words before using them next time

He didn't use any words improperly....

I don't know the guy very well, but you and the other genius who didn't understand his usage of the word "incubate" look pretty dim-witted for trying to resort to nit-picking his terminology and failing at even that trivial task.

You missed my sarcasm. In St. Louis the kid just robbed a store, in NY the store owner called the cops becasue Garner(?) was selling loosies. Even the little kid that got shot (the only 1 we should be pissed about) a guy called 9-11.

In all of these situations the cops would have still been in the neighborhood.

While I agree that legalization would cut down on the crime in those areas; the cops are there because of the higher crime rates to begin with - lets not forget that it was local community groups; in most cases, that wanted more police officers for their neighborhoods.
No, I got your point. I just wanted to put that out there since your post reminded me of that.

Harassing people people based on race = hate crime.

The police will hopefully reinforce this.

Try interrupting a black person eating at a bbq joint with your protests and let's see how that turns out.

This blacklivesmatter movement is sliding off course, angering the majority of the population, especially middle to upper class white people is going to damage their cause more so than help it.

You need to gain the sympathy of white America - which in this liberal age of white guilt, should be easier than ever before.

However, using radical, invasive or intrusive measures will just enhanced quiet or unexpressed racism. Leading to more systematic repression of black people.

Black people are only 12% of the population but they are the pitbulls of the pack - people want to think they it's not the breed but majority are cautious as hell when dealing with them and their issues - if they want white majority to warm up, you need to stop the barking and up the friendly.

So you think barging in on brunches and WWII veterans ceremonies is more productive than cleaning up your own community so that you can stop being unfairly judged by police?

It's not just black people that are treated like shit by police

I'm not acting like this would immediately solve all racial issues, but it would be a different kind of start wouldn't it?

Can we all agree that there are bigger issues in the black community than police brutality?

What part of I cannot control the actions of other people don't you understand?

What I can influence and control is my democratic government.

You're a gun guy, no? What if I told you that gun activists should focus on stopping other people from going on mass shooting sprees because if people didn't go on mass shooting sprees, there wouldn't be any calls for gun control? I'm pretty sure would dismiss that outright. Its the same here.

Back