Yet more insane liberal behaviour #BlackBrunchNYC

For you bleeding heart types, if a bunch of pro-life protesters invaded your brunch with pictures of dead fetuses, you would be on here crying.

Except the thing one group is protesting- abortion- is legal under the law and approved by a large proportion of the population.

The thing THIS group is protesting- lethal police brutality- is not legal and approved of by no one.

Slight difference there.

Except the thing one group is protesting- abortion- is legal under the law and approved by a large proportion of the population.

The thing THIS group is protesting- lethal police brutality- is not legal and approved of by no one.

Slight difference there.

But that's how laws get changed, no? Weren't you the one saying that? They believe they're right. I mean it was - and still is I guess in some states - legal to deny gay people a legal recognized marriage, and this has also approved by a large proportion of the population. But then we hear about a "tyranny of the majority". People should be consistent with their beliefs.

But God forbid some upper class class idiots have their brunch interrupted.

Upper class idiots have earned the right to not have their brunch interrupted!

While the right to assemble or to free speech is an entitlement right. It's like the welfare and food stamps of rights.

As a society we have to see that, just like money, a right that has been worked for must be held in much higher regard than a right that has been handed out.

Regardless of how long it lasted I think I'm safe in saying that very few people would want deal with something like this at any point in their day.

All stuff like this does IMO is alienate the vast majority of people a group is trying to reach. You want to educate me? Hold a community forum to discuss it. If I want to be educated I'll show up.

The point is, many people DON'T want an education. They want to remain ignorant. This forces them to pick a side, right or wrong.

I was against the town hall disturbance. It was infinite, it was distracting and it ensured people would focus on all the wrong things.

A four minute disturbance of brunch is a mild annoyance, and it will force people to figure what the hell went on, rather than how the hell to get these people out.

Again, I am sorry your strawberry waffle tasted much worse after hearing dead black people names.

Lol at that group of individuals being able to educate anyone.

But that's how laws get changed, no? Weren't you the one saying that? They believe they're right. I mean it was - and still is I guess in some states - legal to deny gay people a legal recognized marriage, and this has also approved by a large proportion of the population. But then we hear about a "tyranny of the majority". People should be consistent with their beliefs.

But abortion is something that was long illegal, then made legal, and the protesters are trying to revert it back.

Police brutality was never legal and will never be legal. The protesters here are pretty much just clamoring for already existing laws and practices to be respected.

Though, to be clear, I'm all in favor of anti-choice protesters peacefully taking to the streets as well. Tea Party rallies, pro-military, anti-choice. I'll certainly disagree with the cause, but airing of opinions I'm all for.

"No one"??? I think you're selling a number of our fellow WR members short.

Well, no one supports it in the abstract.

Obviously once you start adding qualifications in the real world things change.

Slight difference there.

So only causes you support, how about legalizing marijuana can they interrupt to protest in support of that?

Or SSM where that is not legal, is that OK?

Slight difference there.

Justifiable lethal force is legal; brutality is what a criminal yells after he fights the police while being arrested.

These people; in most cases don't even realize that the guy in NY died of a heart attack and wasn't choked to death.

Are you suggesting that you support reducing discrimination by police and efforts to take police killings seriously by the legal system but you just think that they're going about it wrong? I got the impression that you opposed the protesters' goals, which would mean that you being disturbed by their actions is a good thing.

I'm against police brutality. I don't agree with these tactics to protest it.

The point is, many people DON'T want an education. They want to remain ignorant. This forces them to pick a side, right or wrong.

I was against the town hall disturbance. It was infinite, it was distracting and it ensured people would focus on all the wrong things.

A four minute disturbance of brunch is a mild annoyance, and it will force people to figure what the hell went on, rather than how the hell to get these people out.

Again, I am sorry your strawberry waffle tasted much worse after hearing dead black people names.

How do we know it was 4 minutes? The vid is edited

Lol at certain posters supporting these racists while at the same time accusing other people of being racist.

ok then, just take the cops out of those neighborhoods - problem solved.

I remember watching Stossel and he brought in this black guy to talk about discrimination and why the black community doesnt trust the police. The guy said the issue is constant negative contact with the police and one of the biggest reasons police are in those neighborhoods are just to sniff out drug dealers. So the cure is to #legalizeit

Honestly even white people who have had too much contact with the police hate the police. I understand your point but keeping the cops away from the neighborhoods would help solve that problem. Pretty much everytime they'll be there will be in response to a real crime.

If all these people who are clearly concerned about race relations put the effort into making the black community safer, they'd probably see a drastic change in how police interact with them. This "movement" is only alienating people from their cause. Nothing is going to come from these protests.

What happened to the good ole days of the Fire Department spraying people with a hose? Those things hurt and would be a good deterrent.

For you bleeding heart types, if a bunch of pro-life protesters invaded your brunch with pictures of dead fetuses, you would be on here crying.

The opposite is also true. If a bunch of gun rights activists invaded the same brunch in protest of NYC's gun control laws, the same people here crying would have no problem with it.

Back