Yet more insane liberal behaviour #BlackBrunchNYC

Amusingly, they are "preaching to the choir" by taking on people who eat brunch in NYC. The whites and Jews in those audiences are almost certainly politically Liberal in the main, and likely voted for Bill de Blassio and his anti-cop nonsense.

lol true. I'd have more respect for them if they turned up at some NASCAR BBQ eat. ROFL

I think there certainly would be a different reaction if you marched a bunch of white victims(or family) of black suspects into a black establishment. But that would never happen.

That's an incorrect analogy, though. But you know that. You are just playing to the idiots.

Three fallacies going on in this thread:

1. Attacking the protestors or trying to characterize them according to existing racist stereotypes against blacks in order to avoid the real issue.

2. Acting as if this is the only type of action going on to protest police brutality against blacks. This is just a small part of what has been going on. The movement is operating at many levels. They encamped the police station in Los Angeles. Countless demonstrations of occurring around the country. This is only one of them.

3. Trying to de-center the racist treatment of blacks under the state by suddenly caring a lot about black on black crime in the inner city. As I have pointed out, there are countless grassroots organizations that are working, (most without government aid), to eradicate gang violence and create alternative institutions and options. The fact that they don't get mentioned much doesn't surprise me.

4. Trying to reverse the roles to make a point. You can't reverse the roles unless you bring with it all the current inequitable conditions. The brunch demonstrations, in this case, are making a racial as well as class based demonstration, since brunch signifies a certain amount of comfort, if not wealth. Saying that it would be a different story if a bunch of whites into a black establish is actually correct. Unlike this protest, that one would make absolutely no sense. People trying to equate the white experience in the US to the black experience are making a huge error that I believe comes from a deep down racist belief that blacks are somehow completely responsible for the relationship they have to the state, when in reality it goes all the way back to the cultural institutions instituted during slavery.

The point is, many people DON'T want an education. They want to remain ignorant. This forces them to pick a side, right or wrong.

But which side do you honestly think most will pick now that they've been forcibly thrown into a fight that they're not involved in?

I was against the town hall disturbance. It was infinite, it was distracting and it ensured people would focus on all the wrong things.

I'm not sure what town hall disturbance you're referring to . . .

A four minute disturbance of brunch is a mild annoyance, and it will force people to figure what the hell went on, rather than how the hell to get these people out.

Mild to you, very annoying to others. Most likely wouldn't win me over to their cause.

Again, I am sorry your strawberry waffle tasted much worse after hearing dead black people names.

That's not why this is annoying . . . and an unnecessary disturbance.

That's an incorrect analogy, though. But you know that. You are just playing to the idiots.

A victim is a victim and a dead person is still dead regardless of the color of their skin. Forcing some view onto others who are not involved and not the cause of your conflict/issue doesn't suddenly become acceptable because you want to blame every stumbling block you might face on slavery.

People trying to equate the white experience in the US to the black experience are making a huge error that I believe comes from a deep down racist belief that blacks are somehow completely responsible for the relationship they have to the state, when in reality it goes all the way back to the cultural institutions instituted during slavery.

Are they completely responsible? Maybe not. Do they have the power to make changes? Of course.

I'm Indian and have worked with them for almost 20 years and I'm pretty much fed up with Indians and blacks blaming the evil white devil for all of their troubles.

Well, technically it is breakfast-the protesters just tend to wake a little late

Again, this is a racist stereotyping couched in a joke. I'm pointing this out for others, I don't give a crap about your response and I could pretty much predict it.

Again, this is a racist stereotyping couched in a joke. I'm pointing this out for others, I don't give a crap about your response and I could pretty much predict it.

Incorrect. It was sofa'd into the joke apparatus.

hey sherbros, i need some advice.

the garbage man didn't flip the lid onto the empty garbage can the other day letting it fill up with rainwater. should i go protest at the next parent teacher meeting at the local elementary school, or just at the the closest yoga studio?

keep in mind i really want to send a message to that garbage man that he needs to do his job better.

Get back to us when he drowns your cousin in the garbage can, you no-good-analogy-making weed.

hey sherbros, i need some more advice.

the garbage man just drowned my cousin in the garbage can. should i go protest at the next parent teacher meeting at the local elementary school, or just at the the closest yoga studio?
:icon_lol:

#WhiteBrunchMatters

People trying to equate the white experience in the US to the black experience are making a huge error that I believe comes from a deep down racist belief that blacks are somehow completely responsible for the relationship they have to the state, when in reality it goes all the way back to the cultural institutions instituted during slavery.

Doesn't it just make basic, mathematical sense that in a high-crime, predominantly black neighborhood, the majority of people being beaten/killed by cops would be African American?

If you could show me statistics that revealed more blacks than whites getting beaten/killed by cops in high-crime, predominantly white neighborhoods you might be able to make a case for race as at least a mitigating factor in some cases of police brutality.

I firmly believe that cops are absolutely equal opportunity when it comes to bringing the hammer down on citizens who do not respect their uh-thor-uh-tie.

I once had my dinner interrupted at a Thai place in December by carolers. I hate Christmas music and it freaking ruined my dinner.

That's why I went to the Thai place. They are SUPPOSED to be Buddhists.

Ironically these people LOVE race issues. They're glad when they can blow something up into a race issue.
They'd actually be annoyed if there was no racism around at all.

When you base your whole life and ideology based on the perception that the majority of terrible things in the world is caused towards you because of the color of your skin, you're absolutely correct. Isn't it amazing how every generation has their 'revolutionaries' right before they have to work a full-time job to pay for their art degrees?

I still lean libertarian on most issues, but my views have shifted into a more centrist area when it comes to economics, foreign policy, etc. simply because I am more engaged in society now. That's the problem with young people, they have all the knowledge in the world with none of the experience.

Now with the black community it seems different, they're a more social oriented group ranging from different ages so long as they feel they can raise their fist in the air and stand for a black cause just as the heroes of old fighting injustice. Other groups are in their late-teens and early 20s when they want to 'change' the world. However on the plane of comparison both modern groups are attention seeking at best. Those who still have insecurities after their twenties go on to become afro-centrists, yuppie hippy types, or bunker-building end of the world types.

Last edited:
Yes they've dropped; significantly - I might add they dropped with increased policing and at the same time that longer prison sentences for drugs were introduced.

Doesn't change the fact that an officer knows he's 10x more likely to be shot by a young black male than a young white one. If you'll notice I also said it's why they're so quick to pull their guns.

When my son went to Iraq US casualties where significantly down, but the last thing I told him was that "any doubts at all you shoot first and figure it out later. Better to come home and face the time than come back in a bag"

And if he were a cop I tell him the same thing. As wrong as I know it was and is.

I didn't say it makes it all right to shoot on sight, but you have to look at why they feel threatened in those neighborhoods. Maybe they're all actually racist (sometimes I get the feeling that I'm suppose to assume all whites are racist until proven otherwise), but I have a sneaky suspicion that it has more to do with the graph I posted.

Side note - a cop just got shot by a couple of killer in WV; he originally pulled them over for speeding and didn't know that they had bodies in the vehicle.

While I can sympathize with that, I believe that if its reasonable for cops to be suspicious when they encounter the public then it should be across the board. I'm doing a little research to see who are the cop killers in America are. The first few I've found were non-black and some were people that would normally not be seen as suspicious by law enforcement (like an Asian guy and a white teenage girl).

All are 2014 incidents.

Charged with killing Sgt. Cory Wride in Utah:
5303cf35cd216.preview-620.jpg

Shot and killed Deputy Jonathan Scott Pine in FL:
Benjamin-Holtermann-0211.jpg

Charged with strangling 24 year old C.O. Amanda Baker to death:
tn_DylanCardeilhac.jpg

Shot and killed Detective John Hobbs in AZ:
1394210765000-phxdc5-6e9payfg9908ol1al7i-original.jpg

The man on the right shot and killed Officer Jason Crisp (on the left) in NC:
troy-whisnant-jason-crisp-jpg.jpg

Ran over and killed Chief Deputy Sheriff Pete Richardson in LA:
24999489_SA.jpg

3. Trying to de-center the racist treatment of blacks under the state by suddenly caring a lot about black on black crime in the inner city. As I have pointed out, there are countless grassroots organizations that are working, (most without government aid), to eradicate gang violence and create alternative institutions and options. The fact that they don't get mentioned much doesn't surprise me.

Yeah, it's pretty funny that there are so many idiots coming out with "How come they don't condemn black-on-black violence?" when there are tons of organizations that have been doing this for decades.

They may as well be saying: "Look at me, I am completely and totally unaware of the issues in black communities. Completely indifferent too! But I WILL spout off like I know something when they implicate us white people!"

The irony is that this indifference is to blame for a large part of the problems.

The black community would have more credibility if they showed the ability to be objective and look at facts before making their decisions. It seems no matter what, they view things as a black/white issue and always side with black. Even as a kid, I knew OJ would get acquitted when the jury selected was heavily black. Everytime once of these cases hits the media, they are always acting right away without the facts.

George Zimmerman was a douchebag, but he wasn't even white, and Trayvon Martin assualted him. But no, you got the Miami Heat paying tribute to a guy that committed assault. The St Louis Rams "Hands Up, Don't Shoot" tribute to a criminal in Michael Brown. The blacks never seem to do their research. They just want to play the victim. How is that worthy of any sympathy?

While I can sympathize with that, I believe that if its reasonable for cops to be suspicious when they encounter the public then it should be across the board. I'm doing a little research to see who are the cop killers in America are. The first few I've found were non-black and some were people that would normally not be seen as suspicious by law enforcement (like an Asian guy and a white teenage girl).

All are 2014 incidents.

Killed Deputy Sheriff Ricky Del Fiorentino in Cali:
ricardo_chaney_031914.jpg

This guy and his 17 year old girlfriend killed Officer Robert German in FL:
DOUBLE-brandon-goode-alex-hollinghurst-windermere-officer-shooting.jpg

Killed Police Officer Dave Smith in NY:
article-2594025-1CBCD21E00000578-191_306x423.jpg

I'm just going down a list of police officer deaths on wikipedia. Have only come across 2 black cop killers so far. Maybe a third of the way through the list.

Let's be honest, that Asian guy looks nuts.

Guy was determined to go against every Asian stereotype. He was suspected of breaking into cars when the cop confronted him after being given his description over the radio.

Yeah, it's pretty funny that there are so many idiots coming out with "How come they don't condemn black-on-black violence?" when there are tons of organizations that have been doing this for decades.

They may as well be saying: "Look at me, I am completely and totally unaware of the issues in black communities. Completely indifferent too! But I WILL spout off like I know something when they implicate us white people!"

The irony is that this indifference is to blame for a large part of the problems.

When was the last time one of these groups busted into a restaurant to protest black on black crime? When was the last time protesters shut down a highway? They'll call for the death of police officers, but not for the death of the inner city drug lords. You have black Panthers patrolling for rogue police officers, but no mention of deterring any other crimes. It's hypocrisy.

Eskimo cop killer? 20 year old shot and killed 2 police officers in Alaska:
troopers-killed.jpg

Killed Police Officer Brian Jones in VA:
james-andrew-brown.jpg

I think you guys get the point. A lot of non-blacks kill cops.

The black community would have more credibility if they showed the ability to be objective and look at facts before making their decisions. It seems no matter what, they view things as a black/white issue and always side with black. Even as a kid, I knew OJ would get acquitted when the jury selected was heavily black. Everytime once of these cases hits the media, they are always acting right away without the facts.

George Zimmerman was a douchebag, but he wasn't even white, and Trayvon Martin assualted him. But no, you got the Miami Heat paying tribute to a guy that committed assault. The St Louis Rams "Hands Up, Don't Shoot" tribute to a criminal in Michael Brown. The blacks never seem to do their research. They just want to play the victim. How is that worthy of any sympathy?

That's your problem and your prejudice, bolded. That you even say that, that you frame your thinking in that way. This was gone over in excruciating detail some months back by Falsedawn, JVS, Panamaican, myself, Possum Jenkins, nixkid and others. You didn't get it then and I don't expect you to get it now, but just know that you lose right there. You should try to find another approach that isn't flatly stereotypical before you can begin to have a relevant opinion. If you can do that, your thoughts won't be tainted from the start.

Back