1. We now have a new forum called Fantasy Matchup Discussion. Access it here

Yet Another shoulder problem.

Discussion in 'Strength & Conditioning Discussion' started by ACR4V3N, Jan 19, 2006.

1. ACR4V3N

ACR4V3N Blue Belt

Last night at MT class I was sparring against a instructor and we both threw a punch resulting in my arm going up and back. Im pretty sure I know what happened. My shoulder joint came slightly out of position and when I stepped back and it was hanging I felt it pop back in. This is called a shoulder Subluxation which is where your shoulder slightly comes out of socket and pops back in. It hurts.
    This also happened while I was playing soccer, trying to run and jump off a wall, and when I was playing Basket Ball.
    the reason im posting is to ask if any of you knew a good number of work outs for the shoulder. It said you need to let it rest, then build up strength. Every time its been hurt I have let it rest but the next time... its just easier to get hurt.
    Can some one tell me the best way to build up muscle for my shoulder?

2. deadlyshaolin

deadlyshaolin euphoria

Some people just have naturally more subluxable shoulders than others, it's an anatomic thing. The best way for you to strengthen your shoulder girdle is to do internal and external rotation exercises, e.g. with a cable, which is what my orthopedic surgeon told me to do after I had surgery to repair some torn cartilage in my shoulder.

Basically you attach a handle to a low cable, stand facing perpendicular to the axis of the cable (sideways), and pull the handle up and across your body. It's sort of like doing tennis forehands and backhands. Use low weight at first, knock yourself out.

3. MPCOA

MPCOA Guest

Make sure to use low weight or you won't use the rotator cuff.