Yet Another Baby Dolphin Dies After Being Passed Around For Selfies on Argentinian Beach.

Arkain2K

Si vis pacem, para bellum
@Steel
Reaction score
Baby Dolphin Dies After Being Passed Around For Selfies on Argentinian Beach
February 18, 2016​

7182208-3x2-940x627.jpg

A young dolphin has died after Argentine beachgoers took it from the sea to pose for photographs with it.

Huge crowds gathered around the small animal on the beach resort at Santa Teresita in Argentina after one man picked it up.​

cen-dolphinselfie-06-1-2048x1536_3417637.jpg

But it appears it quickly overheated and died while out of the water.

It was still being passed around by the beachgoers after its death and was later left discarded in the sand.​

dead-dolphin-1-2048x1536_3417636.jpg

The dolphin was from the La Plata - also known as the Franciscana - variety, found off the coasts of Argentina, Uruguay and Brazil.

It is considered a "vulnerable" species because there are only about 30,000 left in the world.

The Argentine Wildlife Foundation later issued a reminder to the public of the mammal's extreme vulnerability, hoping it will prevent such a sad event again.

"The Franciscana, like other species, cannot remain for much time outside of the water, it has thick fatty skin which gives it heat and means that taking it out of the water rapidly causes it to dehydrate and die. This occasion serves to inform the public about the urgent necessity to return these dolphins to the sea as soon as possible if they find them on the shore. It is fundamental that people help to rescue these animals, because every Franciscana counts now."

http://news.sky.com/story/1643996/dolphin-dies-being-passed-around-for-selfies

Arkain2K says: When I first saw this news headline, I had to recheck the date before sharing because quite frankly, I can't believe this level of extreme ignorance and profound stupidity still exists in 2016.

There are thousands of beach-goers all around the world who rushes in to help the dolphins/orcas/whales that washes up on their beach, and then there's the Argentines who drags it onto dry land for selfies.

Last edited:
uggh. very fucked up. i'm of the opinion that people are very dumb when in the mob mentality

this, to me, is like the animal equivalent of when people take out their phones and yell Worldstar! when some person is taking an absolute beating rather than actually intervene and help.

as for the level of stupidity @Arkain2K, I think that when you have people in a swarming mob type of entity, you get stupidity maximized exponentially.

WHAT THE FUCK MAN
its too early to be this rustled
fuck those people

those people so fukkin demented
who the fuck passes around a dead baby dolphin for pictures
then just tosses its body aside
gonna put them all in my firepit

Half of the world population is dumb. Another half is even dumber.

Um didn't you already do this same thread over in sherfront?

I got $10 on Drake dying the same way 2016. Where the death pool at??

as for the level of stupidity @Arkain2K, I think that when you have people in a swarming mob type of entity, you get stupidity maximized exponentially.

Fortunately, when a beach is full of good-hearted people, great things are accomplished with the conbined effort.

Every year, we have seen "mobs" of total and complete strangers working together to rescue the dolphins and whales washed up on their beach, like these surfers and fishermen in Chile a few months ago:

A 65-foot whale has been saved by surfers and fishermen during a three hour rescue operation after it became beached off the coast of Chile.

The huge creature was rescued after a lengthy rescue operation was staged to tow it back out to sea.

Video footage shows beach-goers, who had been surfing, struggling to move the whale as it was rocked backwards and forwards by the waves.

Thankfully a group of fishermen came to the aid of the whale and managed to help the surfers free the distressed animal.

The fishermen tied several thick ropes around the whale and pulled the whale back out to sea.

After dragging it for some 5 kilometres, the whale was cut free from the rope and able to glide off into the water.

The triumphant rescue was celebrated by the rescuers, all pleased that the magnificent whale was free to enjoy the ocean again

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...shermen-tow-sea-gets-beached-coast-Chile.html

THAT mob chose to help the stranded animal, and pass on the once-in-a-lifetime chance to ride on top of it with their selfie-sticks.

Same with the stranded baby humpback whale in Australia. People actually ran to the beach in the middle of the night to lend a helping hand when they heard it got stuck on the sand again:

Tourists did a good job with the beached pilot whales in Ireland:

CLuiAJuW8AAFVAg.jpg

This lucky orca was kept alive by Canadian volunteers through the 8 painful hours being stuck in low tide:

There are too many instances to count in the United States, where stranded animals get the assistance from both ordinary people as well as professionals.

So yeah, luckily there are still a hell lot more decent people at the beaches around the world with far more common sense than these selfie-addicted assholes down in Argentina, who were actually stupid enough to drag a baby dolphin out of the water and onto dry land to satisfy their vanity.

Last edited:
This just makes me sick. The fact that they just left its body in the sand... Wow. I fucking hate people.

This is so sad. Unfortunately some people go full retard when they have a camera on their hands

Then they wonder why dolphins try to rape everything.

Haven't even had my morning coffee yet and I'm already rustled.

Dolphin photo bombs selfies with his corpse!

Fortunately, when a beach is full of good-hearted people, great things are accomplished with the conbined effort.
I don't think this is a good versus bad but reflective of a cultures view of animals . I'm not surprised to see this happen in Argentina and China where animals are just animals . Versus seeing people saving whales in Canada , Ireland and USA where animals are deemed sentient .

People who are obsessed with taking selfies are a bunch of narcissistic assholes. "Look at me"...... The popularity of selfies is a trend that unfortunately won't go away and will get worse.

That poor dolphin died unnecessarily to satisfy a bunch of losers posing with it so that they can post the pictures on social media and send it to their stupid friends.

Back