Yesterday!

true_fan

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I didn’t see anything that resembles a threat to Khabib, no one punch KO, no size and no grappling credentials! As we all know, Khabib already faced harder hitters with better wrestling so this challenge is actually easier than MJ and less dangerous than Conor’s. The only thing might be heart, but that’s not going to be enough especially when it might cause more damage than anything to his foes, just like in the case off MJ getting clobbered round after round just to be subbed at the end! What do you guys think?

Ya, but someone has to fight Khabib. If it’s not Tony for a carietynof reasons, it’s Poirier.

Props to Poirier for gettting done what needed to get done.

Dana has to figure out a way to get Tony vs Khabib now.

I think Poirier will give him a good fight. Dustin is scrappy and has the power to hurt Khabib. Tony should be getting his shot ahead of Poirier though

... all my troubles seemed so far away?

I can’t see Dustin beating Khabib. But I was pretty sure he couldn’t beat Max either.

My money would definitely be on Khabib, but it’s mma. And that uncertainty or surprise is what makes it so great.

Khabib's fans have to be the only people I've seen who never want a fighter they root for to fight anyone. Everyone is beneath him. Let's just call it a day and end the division. Proving things is for losers.

Thought the exact same thing. Dustin looked good but he won’t pose a threat to Khabib. Tony vs Khabib is the only fight that makes sense. Ali is clearly trying to avoid having Khabib fight Tony.

I hope they book Khabib vs Dustin and then Dustin gets injured and Gaethje fights and he was on call in shape and ready

Khabib's fans have to be the only people I've seen who never want a fighter they root for to fight anyone. Everyone is beneath him. Let's just call it a day and end the division. Proving things is for losers.

What do you mean? I think it's unanimously decided that Khabib should fight Tony, fans or not. Also wanted the Conor fight, whether he deserved it or not aside. Now there's talks of Poirier, while that may take a backseat to Tony in respect to how much it is wanted.

I, myself, would consider myself a fan of Khabib's...but not really that "big" of a fan. Closer to being neutral than a big fan on that.

Dustin is fighting with a ton of heart and intelligence--he did a great job managing his energy against an unbelievable Holloway chin. Khabib is so tough because his wrestling is relentless. I think Poirier at least makes it interesting and wouldn't rule out the possibility that he could KO Khabib. Khabib does stand and trade a bit so that will be the time when he's susceptible. With Tony's mental health issues, I think he might get passed over.

What do you mean? I think it's unanimously decided that Khabib should fight Tony, fans or not. Also wanted the Conor fight, whether he deserved it or not aside. Now there's talks of Poirier, while that may take a backseat to Tony in respect to how much it is wanted.

I, myself, would consider myself a fan of Khabib's...but not really that "big" of a fan. Closer to being neutral than a big fan on that.

He's kind of right though..

Khabib fan - nah he shouldn't fight gsp, gsp is so much bigger!

- He's a 155'er even though he missed weight and was hospitalized..

All challenges are dismissed to protect sherdogs darling.. he's practically the messiah.. i can swear he converted a couple of guys here.. alhamdudiallah..

I'd love him against woodley, askren, usman etc, or aldo for that sake.. he's a fucking beast and we want to see him rev beyond the red line..

Well, you tell us?? who beat him??...

He's kind of right though..

Khabib fan - nah he shouldn't fight gsp, gsp is so much bigger!

- He's a 155'er even though he missed weight and was hospitalized..

All challenges are dismissed to protect sherdogs darling.. he's practically the messiah.. i can swear he converted a couple of guys here.. alhamdudiallah..

I'd love him against woodley, askren, usman etc, or aldo for that sake.. he's a fucking beast and we want to see him rev beyond the red line..

You can literally say that about every fan for every fighter.

Sure there are some fans who don't want Khabib/GSP, but there are also fans for Jon Jones who don't want him to fight Stipe or JDS or even DC at HW. So does that mean "Jones fans" don't want him to ever fight? No. There were also Conor fans who didn't want him to fight RDA/Eddie, but that doesn't mean they didn't want him to fight anyone either.

Khabib/GSP is also not ideal because we don't know if GSP will even defend the belt if he wins at 155 (if he made the cut). There's also plenty of options for Khabib to defend his belt against over a retired and aging legend like GSP that wouldn't clog up the division further (if Khabib/GSP was at catchweight or WW).

It's also odd how every fighter you'd love to see Khabib fight listed is outside his own division...that he is the CHAMP in. Yes, he has missed weight, but he has recently learned the way of the weight cut (supposedly).

You can't pick and choose who you call a "fan" to fit the narrative. I'd rather see Khabib defend his belt against Tony/Poirier/Iaquinta/etc.

Well, you tell us?? who beat him??...
Anyone could. That's the point. It's MMA. Anything can happen.

I'd be perfectly happy watching Khabib clear the division, but I won't pretend it's a foregone conclusion that doesn't actually need to be achieved to be credited to his resume. He hasn't done much as champ yet, but we get thread after thread about how the top contenders don't deserve/shouldn't bother fighting him. It's boring and pathetic. I want to see him fight all of the top guys and prove he's actually one of the all-time great champions. But I'm crazy that way.

Khabib mauls them all, but in MMA there’s always a chance to get caught.

Anyone could. That's the point. It's MMA. Anything can happen..

" It's MMA. Anything can happen."" ...No shit!! I really thought you would be more creative than that sir...this is not worth my time.

" It's MMA. Anything can happen."" ...No shit!! I really thought you would be more creative than that sir...this is not worth my time.
Lol, you quoted me asking me a question that had nothing to do with the point of my post.

Back