Yesterday!!..we saw what made Silva and Fedor so great!!

When Silva was Jones' age, he was tapping to Ryo Chonan. Jones might improve, or he might get worse. He's a fuck of a lot more accomplished than Silva or Fedor were at this stage of their careers.

Don't use logic. That's way above a lot of posters here. They like living in a world of delusion. It's kind of sad, actually.

It's tough enough going into a fight being the firm "favorite" and having a long record to defend. But when you also have to carry the weight of being "the pound for pound best" things are taken to a whole new level. You are the golden star of the sport and people are looking for perfection. They want to see exactly WHY you're considered to be the "best". Jones carried that burden into the fight last night and look what happened? though he won, he did not look like the same fighter we'd seen previously.

And just imagine that Jones had it for one fight yet Anderson and Fedor carried that load on their shoulders for SEVERAL years!!..and each time they stepped into the cage the pressure increased over and over again.

This is what made those two so special!!..it's not just about their records!!..it's about how they performed when they stood alone infront of the lights, cameras and the eyes of an expectent audience.

You right for the most part. It is a heavy burden and not everyone is cut out to carry it. But if you look a little closer you will realize both other greats (silva and fedor) also had some very close fights here and there. With Anderson there was only one really with the first Sonnen fight. He lost 4 straight rounds (not even close) and was losing the 5th before pulling out the awesome sub. Fedor had a really tough fight with Cro Cop also. All the greats always have a fight here and there where they appear more mortal. It's a testament to their opponent more than a lack of greatness in themselves.

Jones is a beast, but dont hate on the legends bro. thats no cool, just saying:)

I was simply stating the fact that Jones is a lot more accomplished than either Silva or Fedor were at the same age.

I was simply stating the fact that Jones is a lot more accomplished than either Silva or Fedor were at the same age.

You are rightly giving Jones credit for accomplishing so much at such a young age, but then forgot how much Silva accomplished in his mid to late 30s. I mean, you're not exactly getting stronger and faster after a certain age.

You right for the most part. It is a heavy burden and not everyone is cut out to carry it. But if you look a little closer you will realize both other greats (silva and fedor) also had some very close fights here and there. With Anderson there was only one really with the first Sonnen fight. He lost 4 straight rounds (not even close) and was losing the 5th before pulling out the awesome sub. Fedor had a really tough fight with Cro Cop also. All the greats always have a fight here and there where they appear more mortal. It's a testament to their opponent more than a lack of greatness in themselves.

The second a fighter shows any sign of weakness, in any way or doesn't dominate every second of every fight, they are automatically overrated/exposed/not that good.

Signed,

- Way too many posters on Sherdog

The only fighters worthy of GOAT.

Fedor/GSP/Silva - in that order.

Jones can get still get there - but not yet obviously.

You are rightly giving Jones credit for accomplishing so much at such a young age, but then forgot how much Silva accomplished in his mid to late 30s. I mean, you're not exactly getting stronger and faster after a certain age.

well said!!
Imagine trt silva??
That would be some serious s#$@ lol

fedor is the GOAT. I thought that was common knowledge......well of course there are those idiots that always disrespect fedor because they just started following mma in recent years.

Love both Fedor and Silva but their caliber of competition were no where near that of Jones. And I don't even like Jones, just saying.

fedor is the GOAT. I thought that was common knowledge......well of course there are those idiots that always disrespect fedor because they just started following mma in recent years.

Its not about disrespect, a lot of ppl find it argueable since he`s never stepped on UFC`s octagon where the best are. Thats pretty much it. Nobody is saying he wasnt the shit.

And YOU clearly didn't comprehend the thread!!..did Fedor and Silva perform that poorly in their first fights as p4p best?

Your post says nothing about first fight as p4p best. So this is something you are tacking on now after realizing your thread doesn't make sense. And if we go under the assumption that Silva became p4p best after Fedor lost to Werdum, his first fight after that was the Sonnen fight. So he performed much more poorly.

The difference is they were working at the Heinz recycling center while Jones was fighting the best competition.

really?
Fedor faced questionable competition throughout his career besides ducking the UFC. He knew maybe he'd get banged up there

You noobs are all the same. Discussing mma on this site is painful

jones beat a guy hardly anyone gave a chance to..and jones got hsi ass whopped...gus only has one top win which was over wayyy out of prime shogun, gsp beats contenders that are on tears "except weed diaz"

Back