Yesterday!!..we saw what made Silva and Fedor so great!!

HespectNutting

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
It's tough enough going into a fight being the firm "favorite" and having a long record to defend. But when you also have to carry the weight of being "the pound for pound best" things are taken to a whole new level. You are the golden star of the sport and people are looking for perfection. They want to see exactly WHY you're considered to be the "best". Jones carried that burden into the fight last night and look what happened? though he won, he did not look like the same fighter we'd seen previously.

And just imagine that Jones had it for one fight yet Anderson and Fedor carried that load on their shoulders for SEVERAL years!!..and each time they stepped into the cage the pressure increased over and over again.

This is what made those two so special!!..it's not just about their records!!..it's about how they performed when they stood alone infront of the lights, cameras and the eyes of an expectent audience.

But Silva fought at middleweight and the division was weak and Fedor ducked the UFC.

Silva and Fedor both got finished. Jones won a competitive decision.

What the hell is this lol

This is what made those two so special!!..it's not just about their records!!..it's about how they performed when they stood alone infront of the lights, cameras and the eyes of an expectent audience.

You mean like how Silva performed against Sonnen or Maia?

Anderson shouldnt even be mentioned in the same sentence as Fedor

Cue some 2010 or later join date to call me a moron

Silva tapped X 2 and got KTFO

Fedor tapped and got KTFO

Jones didn't tap and took his beating with an injury to go on to win the fight. He's the GOAT.

Jones didn't tap and took his beating with an injury to go on to win the fight. He's the GOAT.

lets see in a few years.

edit: oh wait, you're trolling.

It's tough enough going into a fight being the firm "favorite" and having a long record to defend. But when you also have to carry the weight of being "the pound for pound best" things are taken to a whole new level. You are the golden star of the sport and people are looking for perfection. They want to see exactly WHY you're considered to be the "best". Jones carried that burden into the fight last night and look what happened? though he won, he did not look like the same fighter we'd seen previously.

And just imagine that Jones had it for one fight yet Anderson and Fedor carried that load on their shoulders for SEVERAL years!!..and each time they stepped into the cage the pressure increased over and over again.

He didn't look the same because Gustafsson is that good. What the hell is this about? Are you saying Gus is on the same level as the majority of Anderson's title reign? If so, go home, you're drunk.

Yesterday we saw what makes Jones and Gustafsson great. Threads like this are retarded, there were also a bunch when Silva lost. Fedor or AS dont have anything to do with last night, they're all very special fighters who have had great careers and, in Jon and Alex's case, they have very bright futures ahead of them.

Anderson shouldnt even be mentioned in the same sentence as Fedor

Cue some 2010 or later join date to call me a moron

really?
Fedor faced questionable competition throughout his career besides ducking the UFC. He knew maybe he'd get banged up there

really?
Fedor faced questionable competition throughout his career besides ducking the UFC. He knew maybe he'd get banged up there

Answers like this always give me a chuckle.

Answers like this always give me a chuckle.

I know what ur thinking bro, I like fedor a lot, definitely one of the greatest ever, but saying anderson shouldnt even be in the same sentence as fedor is pushing. Gotta hespect the legends of the sport not only ur boy

And of course, the instant Jones loses no matter how many years from now all his accomplishments will be instantly erased.

Back