Yesterday of 2004. Was a slam day

champbless2

Seraldo Babalu
Banned
Reaction score
On the same day 15 yrs ago two of the most epic slams ever happened

Pride Bless
Meant to post this yesterday when Mma history on IG reminded me but forgot.

You’re saying both of those happened on the same day???

That’s crazy... I’ve seen these replays but I wasn’t watching Pride att. What a coincidence that two of the most epic slams ever happened at the same event... which slam occurred first?

And then USADA happened to the sport.
source.gif

UFC geeks go nuts when they see a slam like that happen once in womens MMA.

Imagine how their heads would implode if they were around for the epicness that was Pride. Where such slams of ultraviolence happened multiple times per night.

Pride-ooo >>>>>> American Cage Fighting

Last edited:
Anyone remember when Gray Maynard knocked himself out with a slam?

I entirely forgot this one until I stumbled upon a video of it earlier today.

"Mr. Maynard, what was the first time you got knocked out during a fight?" - "Well..."

Love that Rampage slam and it gets better every single time

That’s crazy... I’ve seen these replays but I wasn’t watching Pride att. What a coincidence that two of the most epic slams ever happened at the same event... which slam occurred first?

Rampage slammed Arona first. He was then part of the commenting team and expressed a little bit of annoyance with Randleman for out-slamming him, or something along those lines.

I remember watching. I thought Arona was dead. lol

Rampage slammed Arona first. He was then part of the commenting team and expressed a little bit of annoyance with Randleman for out-slamming him, or something along those lines.

That is hilarious, soo Rampage.

"Mr. Maynard, what was the first time you got knocked out during a fight?" - "Well..."
That was against Emerson wasn’t it?

Critical Countdown 2004 was a good event all around, those two slams(and Fedor's comeback), Sergei destroying Semmy plus Nog/Herring 2 and Yoshida/Hunt.

I remember in the post fight interview he kept arguing he wasn’t out and Rogan kept pressing him on it and then show the replay on the big screen

I remember in the post fight interview he kept arguing he wasn’t out and Rogan kept pressing him on it and then show the replay on the big screen
To be fair he was just knocked out and might have not known he was out completely.

I just remembered when Matt Hughes got chocked out then won the fight by a slam. You could see when he woke up he didn't have a clue he had won. Obviously the situations aren't comparable, just reminded me of it.

SW6oWgU.gif

And the Gray Maynard gif, just because.

ExgdNCk.gif

And the Gray Maynard gif, just because.

ExgdNCk.gif

I think you could argue Emerson plays a much larger role in that finish that is hyped, he grabs Maynard under the arm which is arguably what causes his head to hit the mat and indeed probably what causes Emerson to get injured.

Back