Yes, I know the DM isn't a reputable news source

fingercuffs

36CFIST
Platinum Member
Reaction score
but if what this girl is saying is true...flippin hell. If it's in court it's happening rather than their TMZ type hype.

Thoughts?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...girl-15-listen-recording-rape-four-hours.html

Leaders of a Jehovah's Witnesses church 'made a 15-year-old girl listen to an audio tape of her own rape for four hours to for her to say it was "consensual"', Utah Supreme Court hears
  • On Monday the Utah Supreme Court heard arguments in a case where a woman claims Jehovah's Witnesses leaders forced her to listen to audio of her own rape
  • She claims she was raped by an 18-year-old fellow Jehovah's Witness when she was 14 and he recorded one of the assaults in December 2007
  • She claimed church leaders played the recording over four hours in 2008 to get her to confess that she voluntarily engaged in sex outside of marriage
  • She sued four elders of the congregation and the national Jehovah's Witnesses organization in 2016 for intentionally inflicting severe emotional distress
  • The lower court ruled that under the First Amendment the church was shielded from any liability, leading her to appeal the case

Jehovah Witnesses are a weird bunch. I have and Aunt who is one and basically divorced her husband because he wouldn't convert.

Oh look, low-intellect religious zealots committing barbaric attrocities.

In other news: Water is indeed wet.

Jehovah Witnesses are a weird bunch. I have and Aunt who is one and basically divorced her husband because he wouldn't convert.
Really. A guy got fired at my job years ago because I caught him out lying to my company and a previous company that a relative had died in a car crash so he couldn't come into work...then he was spotted drinking out on the town having a great time. Used the same realtive story in both comapnies.

When I was clearing his stuff out I found a bunch of copies of The Watchtower and a bunch of JW books he'd made notes in. Aren't religious folk supposed to be moral?!

Apart from him, apart from them banging on my door at 8am on a Saturday I haven't had a bad experience really.

Aren't religious folk supposed to be moral?!

I always ask the Mormons who come to my door if I can get a few wives out of the deal if I convert from Methodist to Momonism.

You know what they told me?

NO, we don't do multiple wives!

Why would I want that? I do better being Methodist.

religion can has convinced the common man of some pretty wild stuff...invisible man in the sky, wear masks, etc

The lower court ruled that under the First Amendment the church was shielded from any liability, leading her to appeal the case

That makes no sense. Hard to imagine such a repugnant thing is a longstanding religious practice. And if so, now's the time to stamp it out in the name of protecting minors.

I take that back. With religion it's kinda easy to imagine it.

And yes, witnesses can be weird. It’s culty for sure.

It’s not really “An invisible man in the sky” they are talking about..
the underlying issue is social conformity in order to strengthen tribalism...here we have two cults (i.e. cultures) warring over agreed-upon definitions of "rape"...another example would be warring over agreed-upon definitions of "God"

That makes no sense. Hard to imagine such a repugnant thing is a longstanding religious practice. And if so, now's the time to stamp it out in the name of protecting minors.

I take that back. With religion it's kinda easy to imagine it.
Religious Jewish people still perform circumcision on babies with their teeth. Some religion is fucked up.

What does the Mormon's say about this?

Anyone who won’t let you celebrate your birthday is evil.

Hah one of my best mates is a jw. I still get him birthday presents. He refused quite a few times to accept it but I ended up getting him with its not for your birthday. Its for being a mate. Fuck your birthday that's just a coincidence.

Dailymail is a reputable news source, actually. They are just a bit sensationalist. But they, like TMZ, are in the same realm as anyone else when it comes to publishing fake news and being held liable.

Sad story.

I always ask the Mormons who come to my door if I can get a few wives out of the deal if I convert from Methodist to Momonism.

You know what they told me?

NO, we don't do multiple wives!

Why would I want that? I do better being Methodist.
The LDS church officially renounced polygamy in 1890 as a practice, but never officially banned it from the church. So even though the mainstream doesn't practice it today, it's still not forbidden to be married to multiple spouses within the church.

Back