Yeol Romero - B sample positive - Claims Supplement Contamination

so wtf was with all the good news rhetoric coming from him and Malki?

the good news was they got a phone call from some lab they sent his supplement to saying it was "product-x"

They will need to independantly verify that the substance is contaminated.

If for instance it was Superman-X

Testing Yoels Superman-X proves nothing. They will need to go to the store, buy some Superman-X (ideally the same batch number), and test that.

As said before, being contaminated is one thing, contaminated by Sarm's, pretty rare. Will be interesting.
So, if Yoel's B sample comes back negative and they wanna appeal they go to litigation, right? How is that handled? Think it would be broadcast on Fight Pass like NAC hearings?

the only way this gets him off the hook is if the supplement contained compounds that were not listed. Then he can present it to the commission while suing the manufacturer.

Hahahahahaha.

He still gets busted.

Reems doc came and said he gave him testosterone without him knowing it. Reem still get a suspension.

This is such bullshit.

Only a Brazilian could think this up.

Hence why they will go to the "store" and buy the supplement straight off the shelf (ideally with same batch number) and test that.

if that comes up negative hes probably screwed

he said at the end of the interview it was in pill form, which changes things slightly (perceptionwise)

Couldn't he have his people scour the internet to find out which supplements have a history of being tainted and claim he was taking those? Just how deeply are USADA going to investigate this? If he's never taken MuscleMan X5 but he claims he did (because he knows MuscleMan X5 is shady as fuck), will they have a way to verify that? Or will they just take his word?

So, if Yoel's B sample comes back negative and they wanna appeal they go to litigation, right? How is that handled? Think it would be broadcast on Fight Pass like NAC hearings?

B samples never ever come back negative.

Sounds like bullshit.

And he could have got a known tainted supplement afterwards and given it to USADA.

And who the fuck takes a supplement post fight.

Yeah, but it'd have to be tainted with the particular substance that he tested positive for. Sooooo

So hes using the same excuse as 90% of fighters before him?

Dammit, why can't more fighters at least bring the lulz like Anderson did with unorthodox explanations?
Well, he's submitting the contaminated sample, unlike other fighters.

Hence why they will go to the "store" and buy the supplement straight off the shelf (ideally with same batch number) and test that.

if that comes up negative hes probably screwed

he said at the end of the interview it was in pill form, which changes things slightly (perceptionwise)

It doesn't matter what the store product contains. He is responsible for roiding. The end.

The tainted supplement excuse is the worst and oldest defense out there.

Indeed. They will need to locate other samples from that batch that havnt been opened/touched by yoel etc.

What we must bear in mind is we are only hearing one side of the whole story, so it could be bullshit.

Out of curiosity, you are always in this kind of threads and give some nice information. Do you work in this area or just have an interest?

Hahahahahaha.

He still gets busted.

Reems doc came and said he gave him testosterone without him knowing it. Reem still get a suspension.

This is such bullshit.

Only a Brazilian could think this up.

"Wait... No! I sho shorry! I have the tainted supplements people! I sho shorry! It not my fault people! America what wrong with you!? America you sell contaminated shuplements! No for tainted supplements! No for gay Jeeshuz! Look in my powder protein! It contain the PED's from the factory people! I sho shorry! Just give me warning and move on and gay Jeeshuz will love you! I not know they in there I shwear it people! I shwear it!"

+ b-sample already positive
+ he now gets an opportunity to put his case which is contamination. USADA will investigate that and then decide if they are going to charge him with a doping offence
+ if they charge him it goes to arbitration (court basically), thats handled usually by the sporting side of the American Arbitration Association (AAA)
+ So he and his reps would go to the arbitration hearing, put their case, USADA put their case, arbitrators decide verdict.

He and his manager are going to get eaten alive for this. They should have just kept their mouths shut. And Yoel's manager is experienced enough to know he should have never pulled that shit

lol Come on, Rob.

No, I'm serious. I don't see how that's fair. Supplement business is funny stuff. I'm not saying that's what happened, but if it did I don't see fault there.

I see, has the "tainted supplement" excuse ever worked for anyone before?
No.

Tainted supplement excuse is basically a PR move. It doesn't get you off because it's your responsibility to keep banned shit out of your system. If the shit is in your system, you got the benefits of it.

He expects to come back in 1 year or 2 or whatever and the purpose of claiming tainted supplement is so that hopefully he doesn't face heavy criticism when he comes back.

Couldn't he have his people scour the internet to find out which supplements have a history of being tainted and claim he was taking those? Just how deeply are USADA going to investigate this? If he's never taken MuscleMan X5 but he claims he did (because he knows MuscleMan X5 is shady as fuck), will they have a way to verify that? Or will they just take his word?

no because usada publish a list of all those supplements and athletes are meant to check their supplements against it. And besides, theres no legal supplements listed on the high risk list containing the product hes said to have tested positive for.

No.

He's responsible for this.

It's not like there aren't supplements on the market that get tested.

So if the substance isn't listed on the label that's his fault? That's BS. If it was on the label that would be one thing.

USADA requires the athletes to exercise due diligence. Did he check on supplement411.org? Because that would be the easiest way to find supplements with prohibited PEDs. USADA and Novitzky have told all the fighters to check there. If his claimed supplement is on there, he's fucked, and will get 2 years. If USADA tests another box from the same lot, and it comes back clean, he's fucked, and might get 4 for trying to deceive them.

Sherk got suspended despite showing that his supplements were tainted. Not under USADA, but still...

http://www.usada.org/substances/supplement-411/
http://combatsportslaw.com/2016/02/05/why-tim-means-tainted-supplement-defence-wont-fly-with-usada/

Back