Yeol Romero - B sample positive - Claims Supplement Contamination

So hes using the same excuse as 90% of fighters before him?

Dammit, why can't more fighters at least bring the lulz like Anderson did with unorthodox explanations?
No. Sounds like he actually provided them samples of the supplement to prove that, unlike that 90%, he's not just making it up.

Interesting story!

NQHKSVE.gif

Was it contaminated, or did it just not have the ingredient listed? Was it on supplement411's hrl? What was the supplement?

So he's pretty much fucked right?

If USADA discover in tests of the supplement (bought from regular channels, not just testing Yoels copy of the supplement) then yeh, he could get away with a warning.

but they wont just test Yoel supplement because he could have been the one who contaminated. They will need to buy the supplement retail and discover it be contaminated.

So its all depends on that testing.

UFC is the premier organization. Fighter's should be given protein/aminos/creatines/pre-workouts/vitamins/pain medication by the UFC and everything else assumed to be contaminated. Sure, this would cost the UFC some, but the fighters do deserve good nutrition and peace of mind - it would also remove this lame ass excuses. I know if I was roiding and got popped I would just by some Ostarine and dump it in my protein and say, "LOOK IT WAS CONTAMINATED NOT MY FAULT."

Well, it looks as if he's still not fighting anytime soon, no? I didn't get to watch this episode.

If you get busted these days, the best course of action is to dump your roids into your tub of protein powder. "Look guys, it's contaminated!"

So basically he took a post-fight vitamin that made him pop. Hm. I look forward to hearing more from the investigation. This could get strange.

To be fair I heard some supplement companies lace their supplement with drugs that are not label on their products, so clients feel their products working for them and clean.

If the substance wasn't on the label he should be cleared.

They will need to independantly verify that the substance is contaminated.

If for instance it was Superman-X

Testing Yoels Superman-X proves nothing. They will need to go to the store, buy some Superman-X (ideally the same batch number), and test that.

As said before, being contaminated is one thing, contaminated by Sarm's, pretty rare. Will be interesting.

Back