yelp employee writes an open letter to ceo gets fired

Did you even read that absolutely cringe worthy tripe she wrote?

Telling him to have customers make donations, telling him how he should run the free food a work, complaining about a $20 co-pay(low compared to most), telling him all these personal problems and stupid situations like cvs. "Did I tell you", "will you pay my", "I'll make you a deal", "should I", "did you know", "do you think", "have you ever", etc.

Absolutly pretentious entitled bitch. Zero job experience having to put in an entire year(fucking laughable statement, as if that is some major trial or struggle to overcome) of shitty work before getting a job she truly wants. Freedom fighter my ass.

It's not the ceo's fault that dumb bitch spends 80% of her income on rent, lives 30 minutes away and spends $226 to get to work.

I'd also be pretty surprised if they didn't actually tell her she needed to put in a year before requesting a transfer. I've hired hundreds or people are you are always hiring to fill a position and you always tell them that's where they're going to be. Even though it should be obvious, you tell them. And if you didn't tell them, they'd have to be pretty stupid to assume otherwise.

Try dealing with some actual problems. Fucking entitlement generation.

All I know is anytime I have read any "Open letter to xxxxxxxx", it is without fail, a whiny, sanctimonious, rant written by an entitled, arrogant piece of shit.

Has anybody here ever read an "Open letter to xxxxxxxx" that made a cogent, legitimate point or is it just me?

Did you even read that absolutely cringe worthy tripe she wrote?

Telling him to have customers make donations, telling him how he should run the free food a work, complaining about a $20 co-pay(low compared to most), telling him all these personal problems and stupid situations like cvs. "Did I tell you", "will you pay my", "I'll make you a deal", "should I", "did you know", "do you think", "have you ever", etc.

Absolutly pretentious entitled bitch. Zero job experience having to put in an entire year(fucking laughable statement, as if that is some major trial or struggle to overcome) of shitty work before getting a job she truly wants. Freedom fighter my ass.

It's not the ceo's fault that dumb bitch spends 80% of her income on rent, lives 30 minutes away and spends $226 to get to work.

there are more employees than employers yet they hold all the cards they have all the power

anybody who takes on the employer deserves our support imo

I spend a year and a half answering phones before becoming a travel agent, And have to work another year to get tenured and get an increase above minimum wage.

Is normal, welcome to the corporate world princess.

there are more employees than employers yet they hold all the cards they have all the power

No.

There are legitimate complaints to be had about things but what she said in many instances is just full retard stupid. A good start would be a professional open letter if you are going to go that stupid route. Not some tumblr blog style weird ass bullshit asking rhetorical questions, and acting like an entitled pretentious cunt. She was literally calling him out in many instances as if she had ground to stand on. "What do you spend 80% of your income on".

Putting in a year of work at a place when you have zero job experience is pretty standard.

-and thats why i moved out of the bay area...

The notion of college as an "ideal" path into adulthood + college tuition being astronomic + corporations making student loans available + kids who wanto to party 24/7 = shit that's endangering the American dream.

fight the power. you go, girl.

if yelp is paying its devs 100k straight out of college (source), why would said employees fight their employer (whatever the fuck you think an employer is)?

All I know is anytime I have read any "Open letter to xxxxxxxx", it is without fail, a whiny, sanctimonious, rant written by an entitled, arrogant piece of shit.

Has anybody here ever read an "Open letter to xxxxxxxx" that made a cogent, legitimate point or is it just me?

OPEN LETTER TO THE KANSAS SCHOOL BOARD
Writer: Bobby Henderson

Recipients: Kansas School Board

Key statements: "I and many others around the world are of the strong belief that the universe was created by a Flying Spaghetti Monster"; "You may be interested to know that global warming, earthquakes, hurricanes, and other natural disasters are a direct effect of the shrinking numbers of Pirates since the 1800s."

fsm.jpg

In 2005, the Kansas School Board held a series of evolution hearings about whether the theory of Intelligent Design should be taught alongside evolution in classrooms. The hearings sparked a massive public debate, and for a time the Board did approve new science standards that included the teaching of Intelligent Design in the classroom. Without getting into the political or theological content of that argument, "concerned citizen" Bobby Henderson entered the fray with a public letter speaking of his own faith, The Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Henderson wrote:

...If the Intelligent Design theory is not based on faith, but instead another scientific theory, as is claimed, then you must also allow our theory to be taught, as it is also based on science, not on faith.

Some find that hard to believe, so it may be helpful to tell you a little more about our beliefs. We have evidence that a Flying Spaghetti Monster created the universe. None of us, of course, were around to see it, but we have written accounts of it. We have several lengthy volumes explaining all details of His power. Also, you may be surprised to hear that there are over 10 million of us, and growing. We tend to be very secretive, as many people claim our beliefs are not substantiated by observable evidence. What these people don't understand is that He built the world to make us think the earth is older than it really is. For example, a scientist may perform a carbon-dating process on an artifact. He finds that approximately 75% of the Carbon-14 has decayed by electron emission to Nitrogen-14, and infers that this artifact is approximately 10,000 years old, as the half-life of Carbon-14 appears to be 5,730 years. But what our scientist does not realize is that every time he makes a measurement, the Flying Spaghetti Monster is there changing the results with His Noodly Appendage. We have numerous texts that describe in detail how this can be possible and the reasons why He does this. He is of course invisible and can pass through normal matter with ease.​

Did she expect not to get fired after writing that?

Are you guys serious? Clearly the employees are being paid slave wages and Yelp needs to raise it's wages and treat it's employees better. And clearly the wages in the Bay have not kept pace with inflation and the cost of Bay Area living. But yeah, let's solve the problem by cramming 3-4 people in a 1 bedroom apartment. And how dare she treat her self to rice every day when she could save money by eating popcorn kernels.

Last edited:
Why would anyone give her money when there are so many more worthy causes out there?

There’s a bit of firestorm going on the internet at large right now concerning a former Yelp/Eat24 employee who goes by Talia Jane, who wrote an open letter to the CEO of her former workplace about the irony that she works for a food delivery giant but that she and many of her co-workers are starving.

The resulting furor spread in two directions: the people who rally in support for speaking out, and those who are shaking their heads at what an entitled brat that she is.

First things first, I think it’s really fucking brave and inspirational that she did this. We live in a culture of fear and one of our biggest fears is getting fired, even if it’s a job that clearly doesn’t allow you to live. Talia stood up to that fear. She got fired. Just like freedom fighters of the past did.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2016/...in-Talia-Jane-s-Open-Letter-to-Yelp-Eat24-CEO
Are you serious? I can't tell. But If you are, i would think the freedom fighters of the past would have quit a long time ago. Sounds like her boss did her a favor.

Are you guys serious? Clearly the employees are being paid slave wages and Yelp needs to raise it's wages and treat it's employees better. And clearly the wages in the Bay have not kept pace with inflation and the cost of Bay Area living. But yeah, let's solve the problem by cramming 3-4 people in a 1 bedroom apartment. And how dare she treat her self to rice every day when she could save money by eating popcorn kernels.
What has inflation been in the Bay Area?

If I were her boss.. I would fire her as well.

She must have misunderstood the relationship between Boss/Employee at some point in time.

Also, if she cant afford her $1250 rent.... fuck off.

Your man in charge is there to run a business properly, nothing else. He's not required to give a fuck about your personal life.

Honestly, I didn't think the letter was that bad until she posted the physical location of his house.

It seemed pretty awful to me.

I've worked entry level positions for companies where you're paid nothing, and worked hard enough to earn serious money with time. I never complained about it because I knew the salary walking in.

She complains about a lot of things, none of which are her employers problem. She even says that she hasn't been there that long. Is her employer responsible for all her debt and living expenses? Did these things not exist when she took the job? How on earth is his money and how he spends it any of her business? If she's taking a job that barely pays her rent, she's living beyond her means.

The entire thing was baffling to me.

The best part wasn't actually in the letter, it came after when she listed THREE ways people could send money to support her. Is this the kind of person you'd want in her your life? She seems like a hot mess.

Back